Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 46

Author Topic: The Covenant of Arcane Steel - Turn 27 - It is not over until it is over  (Read 73417 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: The Covenant of Arcane Steel - Signup Thread (0 Spot Left)
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2012, 10:17:35 pm »

*passes out* Done.

Lol no Caellath it's not directed at you. I was just bored.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 10:46:55 pm by Powder Miner »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2012, 10:54:12 pm »

Yes, yes. Good, good.

A large boulder blocking her way would be a completely ridiculous affront. It might indeed cause poor Wilhelmina to throw an impressive fit- though foaming at the mouth would not be befitting of someone of her stature.
Might cause her to summon a thunderstorm in a vain attempt to blow up the rock using lightning, with complete disregard for the personal safety of her or others around her.
Long Live United Forenia!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2012, 11:07:44 pm »

Caellath, you really need to start making new posts rather than editing again and again. Editing is okay if nobody posted and/or it's shortly after you've posted, but editing after a post referencing or responding to it has been posted is very bad and there's a very high chance that we'll miss the edits.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2012, 11:12:27 pm »

Got it. It is a bad habit caused from "acute post economy disorder". I will be careful with the editing. Also, sleeping for tonight and going to try and post the first turn and rolls tomorrow. Good luck for all of you and please post any complaints, doubts and whatever.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2012, 11:20:49 pm »

Oh, those abilities are perfect. Although not to complain (OK yes to complain >.>), but the negative seems a bit harsh... I mean if I have a risky non-combat roll and no bonuses, it ends up with a marginal success/fail on all but one of the rolls, and any negatives prevent real success at all. Maybe a minus 1 with a half-chance of a minus 2?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2012, 11:25:21 pm »

Also thought so, fixed. Also, things like tying and gagging April when dangerous rolls may appear basically neutralizes her negative, with the obvious disadvantage of...uh...having to untie her if a battle starts. The chances of that happening are of course smaller than if she is allowed to do as she pleases.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 11:27:23 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2012, 09:40:18 am »

man, knew if I delayed, I'd miss this.

Watching, and with interest. I'll come up with a character for the waiting list at a later time.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2012, 02:09:20 pm »

Arcane Steel Turn 0: The Departure

The large settlement was noisy. People in simple and lavish clothes alike ran through the finely decorated streets of the comunnity designed to create the perfect environment for the young members of the alliance. The town was bustling with activity that day, for that would be when the children of many traditional families would say their goodbyes to their relatives, maybe to never be reunited again. As sad as that event could have been, many families had chosen to throw in feasts and celebrations, wishing their heirs good luck and many honors yet to come. Others had seen their patriachs or matriarchs giving long lectures to the soon-departing youngsters and watching as some of them frowned visibly (Children these days! When I was young, I dutifully listened to every single word my parents said, I tell you!); others yet bellowed warcries and painted their youngsters' face and body, sometimes before ritualistic combat. The cultural disparity was obvious, but most did not care. At least the younger ones were grown especially to avoid violent cultural clashes.
The small town was one of the few created to house the new generation, and the first batch of warriors and wizards amounted to 15 squads of 6, with a few numbering up to 8. Among the drinking, eating, yelling and fighting, some people were still unsure as to who would be their battle-brothers. After all, the squads were made of Knight-Wizard duos, and these had to be settled as a matter of knowing who to prioritize in case of grave danger. Even though some matters seemed unsettled, the elder called for everyone's attention and spoke about the bright future that was just waiting for the departing adventurers and ZZzzZZzzzZzzzZZzzzZzZZzzZZZzzzZZZzzZZ....Uh? Hey, look, he already left.
And so the first departures began. Most of the families heads remembered they should give their youngsters a potentially invaluable artifact that had high chances of never, ever being retrieved again if lost by their children, and so they did. But only because they trusted their spawn, and believed no harm would befall them if they carried additional assistance in the shape of either a small trinket or an earth-splitting maul.

((First roll is for weapon, second is for armor, and the third is for an artifact. 5,6=heirloom; 4=minor trinket))

Adrienne Analamont: [3][3][5]
Adrienne's family fails in providing additional weaponry or armor, but her mother hands the female knight a large leather bag, not before showing her the contents: an old Oliphaunt, believed to be the one carried by knight Roland himself. It is shining clean and in excellent shape. Its stern surface seems to be asking for seeing use in battle again. Rally Call of Roland

Falion Arvīndell: [2][2][5]
Falion's father rummages through a chest and smiles before taking a beautiful...stone. Upon further examination, the young knight unlocks the dark secrets kept within and sees that it is, in fact...a chunk of a stone. But wisely, the young knight decides to stay put and hear what his father has to say. The scarred old man then tells him to always keep it nearby and hands Falion a simple pouch with the stone inside. Another relative is more helpful, and says something about stone and Cuchulainn before being silenced by an angry look from the patriach. Strangely, a crow also hovers for some time on the sky above Falion before quickly flying away.  Cuchulainn's Last Stand

April Eplock: [2][3][1]
April's relatives rummage through their pockets, and finding nothing, scoop up a stray kitten from the street "It is dangerous to go alone, here, take this!" Her father says solemnly while handing over the small kitty cat to her. The other knights are throughly puzzled. Emergency Rations

Wilhelmina van Oranje: [1][4][2]
Wilhelmina's family got nothing but some light and resilient leather padding (protects against bruising and light cuts) on them.

Ktimbi: [3][5][4]
A package strapped in deer leather is brought to Ktimbi. It seems to contain a cerimonial armor made of crocodile (Crikey!) scales painted with white runes and a rare white lion's pelt. Not only very stylish, the outfit really seems to protect quite well for its light weight. A smaller package containing one-shot reagents is also tied to the larger one (+1 to one shamanic roll). Armor of Origin

Davie: [2][1][4]
Davie is also out of luck. The only thing granted to him before departure is a pouch with a catalyst for enhancing one of his attacks (+1 magical attack for one turn).

Among cries and laughter, the heroes were led towards the western gates of the town by the joint-defense guards, which used the opportunity to give the squad some papers with the directions: "Move towards the west. Eliminate bandits and maurauding mercenaries on Prussia's borders. Move towards frank Ardennes and take out a small group of rogue wizards. Return and report."
A brick road extends up to a mile in front of them, and after that, only a common road, marked by the passage of horses and carts.

>Input your actions. I would like to note that choosing your battle-buddies/brothers/fellas right now is necessary. Those will be the preferred target of defensive actions and overall assistance. Getting used to your sworn ally as time passes will also help in battle. One knight+ One wizard = One Duo.
>Also, congratulations to Dwarmin, Tiruin and agentorangesoda for rolling a 5. Half the squad with critical-success relics may be a nice omen. Or not. Also, I would like to congratulateagentorangesoda Powder Miner for the Kitty Cat of Doom+7. You may name it. "Yummy" sounds like a good one.
>Light dialogues are accepted. I want you to have !!FUN!!, so it is the same if you just input your action. I will make sure each one of your moments of fail glory is faithfully depicted.
>I would also like to note that as of now the african shaman is the mage less prone to dying a horrible death.

The Players

Dwarmin: Knight
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tiruin: Knight

Powder Miner: Knight

NUKE9.13: Wizard

agentorangesoda: Wizard

Tarran: Wizard
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 06:30:25 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: The Covenant of Arcane Steel - Turn 0 - The Departure
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2012, 03:15:21 pm »

Dam, why did I pick luck as my dump stat again?

"Sooo, who wants die pyromaniac? Anybody?" Davie said, with raised eyebrows.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2012, 05:28:08 pm »

((I thought I got the kitty.))

April shrugged as she received the kitten. She petted while thinking a bit. "I think I'll name her ...Candy. Yeah, Candy." She turned to Davie, who was talking. "Sure,
I'll be your... what did they call it... oh, battle brother- would that be sister in my case? Yeah, I'll be your battle-...sibling.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 05:29:53 pm by Powder Miner »

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2012, 05:34:40 pm »

Reserved. Knight.
Name:Thelfin Almondar
Knight: Byzantine Klibanophoros
Appearance: His hair is black, contrasting with his turquoise eyes. Thelfin is tall and athletically built. He always covers his face with a helmet and dons a  dark blue heavy armor (Power Armor) compensating part of the weight from his equipment. His armor covers his whole chest in the likeness of a huge shield and his shoulder plates protude slightly along the sides of his head, the rest of his armor being covered by large plate parts with almost no room between them. Underneath it he is wearing a chain mail and light clothing.
The family's coat of arms is a sapphire-colored shield wrapped in silver chains with two heavy steel axes crossed behind it.
Characteristics: Stubborn, loyal, fast thinker, short-tempered, hard to fall.
Horse: Heavy warhorse, clad in scale mail from head to toe.
Weapons:Main weapons: Two-handed chained mace.(A chain links its handle to his forearm.) and Heavy Crossbow.
Leaving a child: No.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 09:12:05 pm by Praefectus Screptum »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2012, 06:10:52 pm »

>April's gunslinger knight order is now eternally bound to Davie's slightly psychopathic wizard family.
Things could be worse, I guess.
>Yes?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2012, 06:16:42 pm »

Adrienne swaggered into the room and clapped her hand on Wilhelmina's shoulder.

"Madame, I choose you. Come, little Mageling-there is much work to be done, and our lives are too short. Since we'll probably die together, all I can promise you is that my life will be shorter than yours. By at least a minute or so.

Ah, and bonjour? Adrienne Alanamont, pleased to meet you."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2012, 06:30:30 pm »

Ignore this post. x_x
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 07:39:00 pm by Praefectus Screptum »

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile