Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 27

Author Topic: Lords and Kings 2 (OOC)  (Read 32517 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Lords and Kings 2 (OOC)
« Reply #315 on: March 22, 2012, 12:42:15 pm »

I can't see waiting 67 turns for our 4th population unit going smooth. Wouldn't it be sensible to buff the natural growth a bit?

Once everyone gets use to the game and things settle down, I'll be doing months at a time instead of a single week.

That ought to work.  Is there a base influence for rulers in addition to that derived from stats?

nope

In that case, Ebbor's character sheet has a mistake in it, he has five influence, but 6 Wisdom + Renaissance Man and 1 Charisma should only give him 4 influence.

Gee Willikers your right!  Now if only you'd finish your own sheet.
I 'd noticed that one before. Even added a remark in the game thread. I'll fix it there. Should have asked here though.

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: March 22, 2012, 12:45:36 pm »

so we just need Azthor, and good sir Chaos armor to finish up and we can get this party rolling,

I sure hope we can get a turn in every day or so. considering the growth rate of our populations, we'll need plenty of turns to expand our powers.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: March 22, 2012, 12:46:44 pm »

so we just need Azthor, and good sir Chaos armor to finish up and we can get this party rolling,

I sure hope we can get a turn in every day or so. considering the growth rate of our populations, we'll need plenty of turns to expand our powers.
As said before, we will switch to a month/ turn once all the misunderstandings are worked out.

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: March 22, 2012, 12:48:51 pm »

As said before, we will switch to a month/ turn once all the misunderstandings are worked out.

interesting, I have 1 more question. we have 4 lumber upkeep for our constructions. now not everybody has ready access to lumber, can they use stone to pay the upkeep instead?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: March 22, 2012, 12:59:18 pm »

That is still longer then most games like this survive.

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: March 22, 2012, 01:07:14 pm »

Forum games always are tricky, but a pro-active aproach to people who 'leave' without a word goes a long way to keeping it alive.

We can always try to recruit buddies from whom we know they can stick with a small commitment.
Maybe having a google docs chat session every now and then for those that are interested, can keep us excited.
it might be fun to talk about how we feel about the game, what we're enjoying or what we're feeling needs some more love and polish.

a bit of art and story telling tends to help a little aswell. ;)

Just throwing it out there.

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
« Reply #321 on: March 22, 2012, 01:17:08 pm »

That is still longer then most games like this survive.

This is definitely an experiment. More specifically I'm testing out inter-politics, and the new rules. Really the only way I could see this actually fully working ,would require it's own forum (to not be a huge asshole to the rest of the game threads) were it's one shared world, but with numerous games held by different gm's doing the rolls for their nations. Also probably do months as turns instead of weeks.

Also what Talvara said.
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

Chaos Armor

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: March 22, 2012, 05:33:13 pm »

Name: Ronahakk
Race: Vargr

Stats:
-Might: 6
-Wisdom: 2
-Charm: 1

Traits:
-Iron Fist
-Tactician

Battle:
-Attack: 7
-Defence: 7
-Piercing: 6
-Sundering: 6
-Rending: 6

Skills:
-Tactics: 2
-Ambush: 1
-Medicine: 1

« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 06:18:22 pm by Chaos Armor »
Lurking since 2009

Leerooooooooy walk forward twice

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: March 22, 2012, 05:38:34 pm »

If you open up the chat pannel on the rules google document. I can try to help you in realtime. you can open it by pressing the '2 other viewers' on the top right of the screen

-x- Talv

every attribute starts at 1, and you get to add 5 points how you like (you can even substract a point and add it to something else if you really wanted to)
and then you add +1 might from the racial trait.

so that seems to be in order :)

your traits are just fine,

you get to choose 2 more skills from your wisdom of 2.

and your battle stats are... Might + racial bonus.

attack = 7
defence = 7
piercing = 6
sundering = 6
rending = 6.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 05:44:35 pm by Talvara »

Chaos Armor

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: March 22, 2012, 09:23:00 pm »

Do I need to add in the race bonuses?
Lurking since 2009

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
« Reply #325 on: March 22, 2012, 11:23:22 pm »

Do I need to add in the race bonuses?

Modifiers, yes, listing the bonuses, no.  Your added.
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: March 23, 2012, 06:12:58 am »

a little sneakpeak. I might make a nice little graphic for every town, sort of like Build a colony, by evil lincoln.

edit:

this is a quick mockup of what I want to do with these.
(I need to UP the resolution of the building renders >.<)edit 2: I've rerendered the buildings.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 11:25:48 am by Talvara »

Chaos Armor

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: March 23, 2012, 06:25:29 am »

Very nice Talvara. I like it.
Lurking since 2009

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: March 23, 2012, 12:40:47 pm »

If im not mistaken the only things we need to (finaly)  kick things off, are a turn by Chaos Armor, and a charactersheep + turn by Azthor.

I'm really itching to get this started. please don't shatter my hopes and dreams T.T

Chaos Armor

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: March 23, 2012, 08:31:11 pm »

Don't worry I'll get a turn made. I've been at a Golf meet and several other things for the past several days. I'll make one tomorrow afternoon as I have a Academic competition tomorrow.
Lurking since 2009

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 27