Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 27

Author Topic: Lords and Kings 2 (OOC)  (Read 32578 times)

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
Re: Lords and Kings 2 (OOC) Naming the Races
« Reply #105 on: March 16, 2012, 12:03:41 am »

Accidental quotes. Regardless, damn my vagueness, I do reckon I was not as specific as I wished to be with my question:

Does the roll get reduced to POPd8 or is it simply POPd10 -2?

The second one.
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 16, 2012, 12:50:57 am »

Stat's cannot be negative since a negative in wisdom would imply mental retardation, and a negative in charm would imply deaf and mute.  A negative in might would imply paralyzed and sickly.  Non of those things would make for a good leader, since before military the king and his guard are the first line of defense.

You don't have to roll for age, the roll is to determine how long you'll live and is rolled by me.
Is the rest of my character ok?

Yeah, I added a battle stat section to the first guy's character in the op, add half your might to each stat. and Then add that to your character sheet and I'll copy and paste it.

fake edit- oh and add a landspeed stat.  it's base is 3, with flight it'd be 3/5, but with your limp it'd just be 2.  Since I'm adding the fact that if you have a limp you can't fly *limp also effects one of your wings I guess* so you can't just take limp and still move 5 hexes a day.
Did that. Also shifted a charisma point to might. For health reasons.

Evil Marahadja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 16, 2012, 12:52:53 am »

BTW Base stat for a population is 3 Might (since the other two stats don't matter.)  So if your being attacked your population would have a +1 to Attack and Defense.  I'll start working on weapon types soon.

Isn't that A LOT? I mean, then our race would have a basic 4 in might. Which in turn means that my character (Who is clearly battle orientated) would get beaten by 2 untrained, unarmed people. And 10ebbor10īs character could be killed by one of his own people if he or she decides that their leader suck.

Btw, how does the personal guard thingy work?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 12:55:29 am by Evil Marahadja »

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 16, 2012, 01:07:21 am »

1 population unit ~ 25 people

You are already a mighty warrior of sorts by simply being able to compete with a single unit.

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 16, 2012, 01:09:17 am »

BTW Base stat for a population is 3 Might (since the other two stats don't matter.)  So if your being attacked your population would have a +1 to Attack and Defense.  I'll start working on weapon types soon.

Isn't that A LOT? I mean, then our race would have a basic 4 in might. Which in turn means that my character (Who is clearly battle orientated) would get beaten by 2 untrained, unarmed people. And 10ebbor10īs character could be killed by one of his own people if he or she decides that their leader suck.

Btw, how does the personal guard thingy work?

You and your guard: 1d10+3  | 2 groups peasants 2d10+3 (+1 defense)

Personal guard is abstracted, it's basically just to explain how you can fight a population.  A population is anywhere between 10-50  people.  So yeah you and your merry men of big dragon guys with horns and claws, could get their asses kicked by 20-100 big dragon guys with horns and claws.

Plus people have to be Really unhappy to rebel.  I hope this quelches everyone's fears about getting ganked early.

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 16, 2012, 01:14:44 am »

Does being large entail the possibility of heavier, more cumbersome, yet more protective armor?

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 16, 2012, 01:22:25 am »

Does being large entail the possibility of heavier, more cumbersome, yet more protective armor?

It wouldn't be more cumbersome cause it was built.. for you.  It'd be everything you listed if someone else wore it.  All large means is +1 might, and no flying mounts, I could make it cost double materials for larger weapons and armor for like a +1 to everything, does that seem fair?

Evil Marahadja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 16, 2012, 01:28:35 am »

Personal guard is abstracted, it's basically just to explain how you can fight a population.  A population is anywhere between 10-50  people.  So yeah you and your merry men of big dragon guys with horns and claws, could get their asses kicked by 20-100 big dragon guys with horns and claws.

Plus people have to be Really unhappy to rebel.  I hope this quelches everyone's fears about getting ganked early.

Well, then I might completely redo my character. Since I fear that Might is up. It seams that my unit of elite guards will have a 12% advantage over a untrained peasant mob. (Which is quite unrealistic, there is a reason why all peasantrebellions got smashed down before guns wear invented, training and proper arms wear worth a lot back then. But this is a game so that dosent really matter) On the other hand, if I put three points in wisdom instead, and therefore a skill, I can raise my chance of a super success with 30%. Seems a bit unbalanced, but I could just have calculated it wrong.

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 16, 2012, 01:33:22 am »

Well, then I might completely redo my character. Since I fear that Might is up. It seams that my unit of elite guards will have a 12% advantage over a untrained peasant mob. (Which is quite unrealistic, there is a reason why all peasantrebellions got smashed down before guns wear invented, training and proper arms wear worth a lot back then. But this is a game so that dosent really matter) On the other hand, if I put three points in wisdom instead, and therefore a skill, I can raise my chance of a super success with 30%. Seems a bit unbalanced, but I could just have calculated it wrong.

Tactics only effects other fighters rolls, not your own.  So tactics won't effect you at all.

edit-I might change it back gaining full might to everything instead of only half.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 01:35:15 am by King_of_the_weasels »

Evil Marahadja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 16, 2012, 01:39:26 am »

Tactics only effects other fighters rolls, not your own.  So tactics won't effect you at all.

edit-I might change it back gaining full might to everything instead of only half.

Yea, but say that the enemy has an unarmed peasant mob who he sends towards me. With 3 in tactics he would beat me. Even in you change back to normal strength (then I whould have a 20% advantage, still not very much, but way better.)

I am saying this manly cause I want to help you create a balanced game, of curse- .

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 16, 2012, 01:42:53 am »

It doesn't matter how strong you are, getting stabbed with claws after a bunch of people jump from the trees tends to kill you.

edit- added ebbor and fixed up both of your stats so that might is now directly added to everything.

The feathery winged fang guys still need a name. 
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 01:47:54 am by King_of_the_weasels »

Evil Marahadja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 16, 2012, 02:18:26 am »

It doesn't matter how strong you are, getting stabbed with claws after a bunch of people jump from the trees tends to kill you.

True, but that makes the game quite unbalanced.

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 16, 2012, 02:23:08 am »

True, but that makes the game quite unbalanced.

not anymore currently you attacking 1 group of pop normally would be this

You attacking:
1d10+6 vs 1d10+5
Them attacking:
1d10+7 vs 1d10+4

That's not considering weapons, armor, or tactics.  Tactics now effect any of your units attack rolls, including yourself.

Evil Marahadja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 16, 2012, 09:29:27 am »

You attacking:
1d10+6 vs 1d10+5
Them attacking:
1d10+7 vs 1d10+4

That's not considering weapons, armor, or tactics.  Tactics now effect any of your units attack rolls, including yourself.

Well, a 6% advantage and a 17% advantage is not that much compared to what you gain if you put the points in wisdom or charm. One way to fix this, at least somewhat would be to give Characters with a certain might starting weapons and armour. For example, give a Character with 3+ decent armor and weapon, and someone with 5+ good quality stuff.

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 16, 2012, 02:42:57 pm »

You attacking:
1d10+6 vs 1d10+5
Them attacking:
1d10+7 vs 1d10+4

Well, a 6% advantage and a 17% advantage is not that much compared to what you gain if you put the points in wisdom or charm. One way to fix this, at least somewhat would be to give Characters with a certain might starting weapons and armour. For example, give a Character with 3+ decent armor and weapon, and someone with 5+ good quality stuff.

I don't think you get how this game works. remember what a pop is.  Let me describe this again.

YOU and say 1-10 of your close friends, cousins, brothers, what have you.  Have a 56 percent chance of defeating a rabble of peasants, both of you unarmed.  The rabble of peasants has anywhere between 10-50 men in it, and that's if you go charging into them.  If they attack you, you have a 67% of defeating them.

So that's 1-12 men having the better odds in a battle against 10-50 (averagely 25) men.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 02:58:34 pm by King_of_the_weasels »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 27