Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 27

Author Topic: Lords and Kings 2 (OOC)  (Read 32521 times)

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
Re: Lords and Kings 2 (OOC) Naming the Races
« Reply #75 on: March 15, 2012, 03:54:23 am »

Approved, obviously since we've been working on it in a pm.
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 15, 2012, 12:04:47 pm »

Robert the Wise:

Might: 4-2=2
Wisdom:4+2
Charm:1

Influence: 2+3=5

Attack: 1
Defense: 1
Piercing: 1
Sundering: 1
Rending: 1

Traits:
-Limp:(-1 landspeed, -1 might)
-Coward:(-2 to outnumbered battles)
-Renaissance man:(+1 influence for every 2 wisdom levels)
-Scholarly:(-1 might,+2 Wisdom)
-Talented:(+1 Atribute points)
-Skilled(+1 to each trained skill)

Skills:
Medicin: 2+1
Tactics: 1+1
Alchemy:1+1
Botany: 1+1
Zoology:1+1

Will write a small bio if this is good.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 12:50:09 am by 10ebbor10 »

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 15, 2012, 12:50:17 pm »

You guys can argue over that, and if you can't make a decision, I'll roll for it.

Well, on the other hand. I vote for a random roll, some places seems more advantage so start at, atleast right now. And the argue will probaly not take us anywhere, especially since we are´t allied.

You do understand thast stating your desire to annex your two neighbours is a good way of being ganked by said neighbours, nay?

Also, ebbor, I doubt you are allowed to pick traits that'd put your Might into the negatives... In fact, I am not even sure as to wheter a 0 is allowed, as the character might as well be considered terminally crippled with a Might of 0.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 01:00:49 pm by Azthor »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 15, 2012, 01:05:08 pm »

You guys can argue over that, and if you can't make a decision, I'll roll for it.

Well, on the other hand. I vote for a random roll, some places seems more advantage so start at, atleast right now. And the argue will probaly not take us anywhere, especially since we are´t allied.

You do understand thast stating your desire to annex your two neighbours is a good way of being ganked by said neighbours, nay?

Also, ebbor, I doubt you are allowed to pick traits that'd put your Might into the negatives... In fact, I am not even sure as to wheter a 0 is allowed, as the character might as well be considered terminally crippled with a Might of 0.
Yeah, I'll fix that. Won't be that hard. I ran the numbers again and I'm pretty sure it was a simple calculation error.  Or I misinterpretted the rules. The first 3 points aren't included in the five you can spend, right?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 01:10:31 pm by 10ebbor10 »

Evil Marahadja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 15, 2012, 01:07:06 pm »

Meh, a game without backstabbing and attack on neighbours is no proper game. I won´t attack you both, ofcourse. More !!fun!!!.

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 15, 2012, 01:12:50 pm »

If stats could go negative, we'd have this:

The Great Wyr

Might: 7 + 1 + 2 + 2 = 12
Wisdom: 1 - 2 = -1
Charisma: 1 - 2 = -1

Talented
Coward
Disciplined
Tough

Tactics I
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 01:16:54 pm by Azthor »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 15, 2012, 01:14:58 pm »

Can't see anything wrong with that. Just get him to hit himself on da head. Btw, my stats aren't negative, I just miscalculated them.

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 15, 2012, 01:18:44 pm »

Can't see anything wrong with that. Just get him to hit himself on da head. Btw, my stats aren't negative, I just miscalculated them.

Don't you know what 12 Might translates to?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 15, 2012, 01:21:17 pm »

Don't you know what 12 Might translates to?
I don't but I'm pretty sure  a negative intelligence equals having to remember to breath.

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 15, 2012, 01:24:26 pm »

The build is a demonstration of why negative stats shouldn't be allowed; rather, I am fairly sure his negative Wis and Cha, if allowed, wouldn't stop him from conquering your Capital in 3 weeks.

There is a recurrent prejudice against 'dumb characters', but, realistically  AND gamewise, in a stage where there has been little technological development, brute force is far more effective a tool. That is not my real character though, just a point I wanted to make.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 01:28:01 pm by Azthor »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 15, 2012, 01:27:00 pm »

The build is a demonstration of why negative stats shouldn't be allowed. Rather, I am fairly sure his negative Wis and Cha, once allowed, wouldn't stop him from conquering your capital in 3 weeks.
I agree, that would give some troubles. So I fixed it, I no longer have negative stats.

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 15, 2012, 01:53:34 pm »

Question: ignoring all other traits, shouldn't a large animal have combat bonuses when compared to a small one? Currently, size difference affects racial might, but does nothing for common animals. I really can't picture groundhogs toppling an elephant.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 03:11:08 pm by Azthor »

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 15, 2012, 03:31:35 pm »

Stat's cannot be negative since a negative in wisdom would imply mental retardation, and a negative in charm would imply deaf and mute.  A negative in might would imply paralyzed and sickly.  Non of those things would make for a good leader, since before military the king and his guard are the first line of defense.

You don't have to roll for age, the roll is to determine how long you'll live and is rolled by me.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 15, 2012, 03:58:21 pm »

Stat's cannot be negative since a negative in wisdom would imply mental retardation, and a negative in charm would imply deaf and mute.  A negative in might would imply paralyzed and sickly.  Non of those things would make for a good leader, since before military the king and his guard are the first line of defense.

You don't have to roll for age, the roll is to determine how long you'll live and is rolled by me.
Is the rest of my character ok?

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 15, 2012, 04:05:53 pm »

Is the rest of my character ok?

Yeah, I added a battle stat section to the first guy's character in the op, add half your might to each stat. and Then add that to your character sheet and I'll copy and paste it.

fake edit- oh and add a landspeed stat.  it's base is 3, with flight it'd be 3/5, but with your limp it'd just be 2.  Since I'm adding the fact that if you have a limp you can't fly *limp also effects one of your wings I guess* so you can't just take limp and still move 5 hexes a day.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 27