Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 27

Author Topic: Lords and Kings 2 (OOC)  (Read 32459 times)

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
Lords and Kings 2 (OOC)
« on: March 13, 2012, 05:44:58 am »

The Rules
IC THREAD

Important- you are keeping track of your own stuff, so I suggest you have a notepad open cause I'm not gonna figure out how much wood or crap you have, I'm just rolling the dice and being the referee, I'll tell you the results, you figure out the math.

Spoiler: Players (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Races (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Map of Known World (click to show/hide)

Let's see how this goes, don't need character sheets, that'll come after the races are rolled.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 01:59:07 am by King_of_the_weasels »
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

Evil Marahadja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lords and Kings 2 (OOC)
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2012, 05:46:57 am »

Sounds cool, I am in. But I didn´t really get what I was supposed to do join .  :P

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2012, 05:48:10 am »

Reserved, but going into tomorrow for actually being able to be read the rules.
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2012, 06:05:30 am »

Reserved, but going into tomorrow for actually being able to be read the rules.

Take your time, I'm going to bed.

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2012, 06:53:13 am »

Posting to watch and possibly join.

Evil Marahadja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2012, 08:21:11 am »

Since I am quite new, I dont really get how you create a character. So I wait for someone to post one before I do.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 06:30:23 am by Evil Marahadja »

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2012, 08:39:35 am »

I am in... again... and approve of the base population increase.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 08:41:58 am by Azthor »

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2012, 03:15:33 pm »

Looks like we have 3 people, If you want to be on a team I could roll up your race and guide you through character creation.  Azthor's played before and was a big help in fixing some stuff (aka he asked questions and got me rambling).

Pretty much to explain how this game works.  Everyone has a town with 3 population.  Population is used to do "everything" there's only a few things that don't cost population, but in order to control population  you must spend influence which is based on your charm attribute.  You gain influence every month, and turns are played out weekly (though you'll give them too me monthly, as in you can do 4 things per population, as long as you have the influence)

The map is hex based and each hex has it's own biome (most of the time the biome spread across multiple hexs) this is all randomly generated, the plants, the animals, the ores, everything.  Your town usually starts in the middle of a group of hexs, but since I'm starting you guys closer that may be somewhat different.

I didn't mention that, I hope you don't think that housing means instant pop boost, cause it doesn't.

Also I'm entrusting you with teaching these guys the basics, cause I'm lazy.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2012, 04:36:52 pm »

Posting to watch, again.

Also a question: Are weather and seasons randomly generated , or stagnant(ie No effect to the Game.)?

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2012, 05:05:25 pm »

Posting to watch, again.

Also a question: Are weather and seasons randomly generated , or stagnant(ie No effect to the Game.)?

I currently have climates but they don't effect game play after world generation, Season are gonna be in play, I haven't done anything about weather, not sure if I ever will, since that may get way to complicated.

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2012, 05:27:17 pm »

Looks like we have 3 people, If you want to be on a team I could roll up your race and guide you through character creation.  Azthor's played before and was a big help in fixing some stuff (aka he asked questions and got me rambling).

Pretty much to explain how this game works.  Everyone has a town with 3 population.  Population is used to do "everything" there's only a few things that don't cost population, but in order to control population  you must spend influence which is based on your charm attribute.  You gain influence every month, and turns are played out weekly (though you'll give them too me monthly, as in you can do 4 things per population, as long as you have the influence)

The map is hex based and each hex has it's own biome (most of the time the biome spread across multiple hexs) this is all randomly generated, the plants, the animals, the ores, everything.  Your town usually starts in the middle of a group of hexs, but since I'm starting you guys closer that may be somewhat different.

I didn't mention that, I hope you don't think that housing means instant pop boost, cause it doesn't.

I am confused, you said each town starts with 3 population... and in Lords and Kings 1 we started with two; that does seem like an increase to me.

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2012, 05:28:45 pm »

I am confused, you said each town starts with 3 population... and in Lords and Kings 1 we started with two; that does seem like an increase to me.

Haha you're right sorry I missed that I did post that.

Evil Marahadja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2012, 05:15:19 am »

Looks like we have 3 people, If you want to be on a team I could roll up your race and guide you through character creation. 

Go for it!

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2012, 02:38:16 pm »

Looks like we have 3 people, If you want to be on a team I could roll up your race and guide you through character creation. 

Go for it!

Well that's one person, now I just need the approval of the other 2 just in case they both hate your guts. *shrug*

edit- eh screw um, rolling for race now.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 03:11:12 pm by King_of_the_weasels »

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lords and Kings 2 (OOC) 3 Slots open
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2012, 03:22:45 pm »

Azthor, Kingfisher, and Evil are...

Large +1 Might
Scaled +1 Defense

Horns +2 Piercing (ignoring armor durability)
Claws +2 Rending (against armor resiliency)

((Sundering would be against armor durability)

.. Pretty much dragon men without the wings or the cool powers.

Large races can only ride on HUGE mounts, and since you can only fly on mounts twice your size, you have no access to flying mounts. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 27