Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 27

Author Topic: Lords and Kings 2 (OOC)  (Read 32494 times)

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
Re: Lords and Kings 2 (OOC) Naming the Races
« Reply #90 on: March 15, 2012, 04:07:53 pm »

Stat's cannot be negative since a negative in wisdom would imply mental retardation, and a negative in charm would imply deaf and mute.  A negative in might would imply paralyzed and sickly.  Non of those things would make for a good leader, since before military the king and his guard are the first line of defense.

You don't have to roll for age, the roll is to determine how long you'll live and is rolled by me.
Is the rest of my character ok?

Yeah, I added a battle stat section to the first guy's character in the op, add half your might to each stat. and Then add that to your character sheet and I'll copy and paste it.

fake edit- oh and add a landspeed stat.  it's base is 3, with flight it'd be 3/5, but with your limp it'd just be 2.  Since I'm adding the fact that if you have a limp you can't fly *limp also effects one of your wings I guess* so you can't just take limp and still move 5 hexes a day.

What of having 0 for a stat?

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
« Reply #91 on: March 15, 2012, 04:13:55 pm »

Stat's cannot be negative since a negative in wisdom would imply mental retardation, and a negative in charm would imply deaf and mute.  A negative in might would imply paralyzed and sickly.  Non of those things would make for a good leader, since before military the king and his guard are the first line of defense.

You don't have to roll for age, the roll is to determine how long you'll live and is rolled by me.
Is the rest of my character ok?

Yeah, I added a battle stat section to the first guy's character in the op, add half your might to each stat. and Then add that to your character sheet and I'll copy and paste it.

fake edit- oh and add a landspeed stat.  it's base is 3, with flight it'd be 3/5, but with your limp it'd just be 2.  Since I'm adding the fact that if you have a limp you can't fly *limp also effects one of your wings I guess* so you can't just take limp and still move 5 hexes a day.

What of having 0 for a stat?

Having a 0 in wisdom would mean you'd have no skills.  A 0 in charm would mean you have no influence.  And a 0 in might would give no bonuses to attacks.  As long as they don't go negative at any point you'll be fine.  But a person with 0 might would become paralyzed at the age of 36.  Which is bad.
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 15, 2012, 04:47:28 pm »

Does size not affect a common animal's combat effectiveness, or is it simply pending implementation?

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 15, 2012, 04:51:47 pm »

Does size not affect a common animal's combat effectiveness, or is it simply pending implementation?

I may or may not implement it, for now we can assume size would equal it's might score, since there's no point in having -1 +1 since animals don't have base stats like the races.

BTW Base stat for a population is 3 Might (since the other two stats don't matter.)  So if your being attacked your population would have a +1 to Attack and Defense.  I'll start working on weapon types soon.

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 15, 2012, 04:56:29 pm »

I may or may not implement it, for now we can assume size would equal it's might score, since there's no point in having -1 +1 since animals don't have base stats like the races.

BTW Base stat for a population is 3 Might (since the other two stats don't matter.)  So if your being attacked your population would have a +1 to Attack and Defense.  I'll start working on weapon types soon.

I was mainly concerned with possible combat bonuses which might be granted by mounts/war beasts, in which case it'd be senseful for a Tarrasque's (example) trampling to have more of an impact than a horse's.

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 15, 2012, 05:02:55 pm »

I was mainly concerned with possible combat bonuses which might be granted by mounts/war beasts, in which case it'd be senseful for a Tarrasque's (example) trampling to have more of an impact than a horse's.

Yeah size would work for that.  Also let's start getting character sheets in

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 15, 2012, 05:24:46 pm »

Could you go on a bit about the combat system, including unarmed population for the different races and the leaders, based on their Might? This request is mainly due to personal worries regarding wheter or not I will need a might heavy leader to protect myself from other might heavy leaders early on.

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 15, 2012, 05:46:33 pm »

Two people attacking:

First turn you attack:

(Pop)d10 + Attack modifier vs. (Pop)d10 + Defense modifier (if you're in town you get your geological bonus and any wall bonuses)

Few weapons actually effect attack and defense (More then simply getting a bonus for having any weapon at all), most of the time they effect rending, sundering, and piercing scores. Which are really only important for when it comes to armor.

So really your not under much of a threat since you'll get 4d10+Def  if you just stay home and they get only 1d10+Atk seeing as at this point it's not like they can lift up their entire population to attack you.  Which would be foolish really.

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 15, 2012, 07:38:08 pm »

Is there any means for Heros and/or Clergy to become Rulers without being vassalized by one?

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 15, 2012, 07:56:21 pm »

Is there any means for Heros and/or Clergy to become Rulers without being vassalized by one?

Clergy could always use their influence to cause a rebellion if the people are religious, instituting a theocracy.  Heroes could be elected mayor if your lands have such a thing.

Added the ability to create laws (2 influence) so you can create laws, which have permanent bonuses to specific things (such as +1 to influence to counter someone trying to break said law, such as a law against rebellion.)

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 15, 2012, 08:19:39 pm »

Coward's penalty only applies to the character's own population dice, not these of the whole army, right?

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 15, 2012, 08:32:12 pm »

Coward's penalty only applies to the character's own population dice, not these of the whole army, right?

Whenever you are outnumbered (if your in a town your entire population fights) you get a -2 to either your attack or defense rolls, whichever you're rolling.

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 15, 2012, 09:25:19 pm »

That was not my question, rather, does the penalty apply only to the hero's 1d10 or does each population unit get a penalty to their 1d10? Also, should each unit get the penalty, is that universal or does it just apply to a battle where the character bearing the trait is fightning in?

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 15, 2012, 09:28:19 pm »

That was not my question, rather, does the penalty apply only to the hero's 1d10 or does each population unit get a penalty to their 1d10? Also, should each unit get the penalty, is that universal or does it just apply to a battle where the character bearing the trait is fightning in?

the (pop)d10+ Attack (the attack includes everyone's bonuses) the coward only effects if your player is in the fighting.  If your attacked in your home and you're there, then it counts, if you're leading a group then it counts, if you send some soldiers elsewhere, it does not. 

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 15, 2012, 11:56:56 pm »

Accidental quotes. Regardless, damn my vagueness, I do reckon I was not as specific as I wished to be with my question:

Does the roll get reduced to POPd8 or is it simply POPd10 -2?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 27