Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: good and evil regions bordering one another  (Read 1604 times)

Babylon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
good and evil regions bordering one another
« on: March 12, 2012, 06:36:42 pm »

Is there something I can do in the world gen settings to encourage this?  I haven't seen it happen yet.  Specifically I want a joyous wilds bordering an evil region of any savagery.

nomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: good and evil regions bordering one another
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 06:45:27 pm »

i have an embark like that, joyous wilds badlands and terrifying shrublands, if someone tells me how i'll post the worldgen info and/or save
(map has 5-7 layers of aquifier though, i found a safe place to dig down with reveal)
RARRR... I'm a big bad Falcon Demon named Murray who doesn't know what a Legendary Miner is. I'm a MONSTAAA! RARRRR! Oh, oh, pick in my brain. Down I go.

nightwhips

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2012, 08:16:57 pm »

I have had success with this by increasing the number of good and evil squares required for an area. I think you get more zones like this if you just bump all numbers, but I really like bumping the small number a bit - I think it allows more variation over smaller scales, so you get more joyous terrifying zones. I think increasing the overall number of sites may help, given what was written about it in the wiki, but I can't confirm for sure.

I'm trying for zombie unicorns, but I'm not there yet.
: Miner dwarves? In my volcano?

:I put childs into danger room...
They die, and their parents care nothing because legendary dining room.

Babylon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2012, 12:54:39 pm »

I have had success with this by increasing the number of good and evil squares required for an area. I think you get more zones like this if you just bump all numbers, but I really like bumping the small number a bit - I think it allows more variation over smaller scales, so you get more joyous terrifying zones. I think increasing the overall number of sites may help, given what was written about it in the wiki, but I can't confirm for sure.

I'm trying for zombie unicorns, but I'm not there yet.

Zombie unicorns were my goal as well.

Nil Eyeglazed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2012, 04:14:51 pm »

This thread details my current site, along with details on how to generate and find it.  It contains a joyous wilds shrubland bordering a terrifying ocean bordering a terrifying forest.  I haven't seen any unicorns yet, but the biome is appropriate for them.

If you don't want to be spoiled about minerals etc, don't read the thread and send me a PM or something, and I'll copy over the generation info for you.
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...<P>It should be pretty fun though.

Babylon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2012, 05:06:55 pm »

This thread details my current site, along with details on how to generate and find it.  It contains a joyous wilds shrubland bordering a terrifying ocean bordering a terrifying forest.  I haven't seen any unicorns yet, but the biome is appropriate for them.

If you don't want to be spoiled about minerals etc, don't read the thread and send me a PM or something, and I'll copy over the generation info for you.

Awesome, thank you.

albatross

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2012, 12:55:42 pm »

I'd try tweaking up the savagery variance. Both X and Y. Like, first put minimum savagery to 0, maximum to 100 and variance values as high as they go.

Babylon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2012, 02:15:00 pm »

I'd try tweaking up the savagery variance. Both X and Y. Like, first put minimum savagery to 0, maximum to 100 and variance values as high as they go.

will this make a difference as far as good and evil go?  I don't care about the savagery of the evil area.

Also I am enjoying Nil Eyeglazes spot, although the aquifer is giving me fits, the spot I chose to punch through is (at least) 2 lavels deep.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2012, 02:31:15 pm »

I found far more areas of good/evil adjacent to each other on large worlds. On medium and smalls not only are the presence of these areas less consistent, they're also less likely to fall next to each other.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

knutor

• Bay Watcher
  • ..to hear the lamentation of the elves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2012, 11:13:09 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Have fun! Knutor 

For the past couple months I have been trying to make a Unilich, aswell, and benefit off the good vs evil infighting. Got my very first Unilich two days ago, I'll have you know.  Cept it was refered to in 34.05 as a Unicorn Hair Corpse.  It was a lil bit of a disappointment.  Wasn't actually a Unicorn or a fabled Unilich, but an animated hair.  But Phoebus displayed the hair as a full bodied Unicorn tile, nonetheless.  Hoorah!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 11:15:03 pm by knutor »
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.
Shark Dentistry, looking in the Raws.