Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: NEO Scavenger - Post-Apocalyptic turn-based survival  (Read 27393 times)

dood_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: NEO Scavenger - Post-Apocalyptic turn-based survival
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2012, 01:01:36 pm »

Click on them so that you get a green cross hairs. Picking strong and close combat make you able to kill things very easily, by the way.

I won't spoil the start sequence if you use these traits, but lets just say it's suitable hilarious/badass  8)
It seems very dwarven to use the hell itself as a garbage disposal. I can just see this isolated pile of goblin clothing, rotten food, and chunks of animals sitting there in a featureless plain, slowly cooking in the heat as demons pick at it.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2012, 01:06:06 pm »

GAH 10th time a Sniper takes me out, WHY CAN'T WE BE FRIENDS!?!?!?!!?!?
EDIT:: Turns out that its the default "Game Over" message on the demo...
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 01:15:53 pm by Neyvn »
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2012, 02:46:38 pm »

We might want to compile a 'combine' list. For example, wood + twigs + lighter (with lighter fluid) = fire (good for those chilly nights if you don't have good clothing yet!)

I tried fire + pan + condensed soup, but didn't get a 'warm the soup' option.

One thing I'd like to see changed: If liquids and appropriate containers are on the ground, liquids should go into the container. It doesn't make sense that you find an empty lighter and a magically floating glob of lighter fluid that you can scoop back into the lighter.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2012, 03:03:09 pm »

anyone successfully made a lockpick? I get the recipe sometimes but still haven't made one.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2012, 03:07:02 pm »

Things to note.

White Berries = Bad (All time)
Blue Berries = Good (All time)
Red Berries = 50% chance of Good or Bad. (Botany for Safety)
Mushrooms = 50% chance of Good or Bad. (Botany for Safety)

Squirrel Meat (Raw) = Dead Squirrel + Pocket Knife (note with Trapping I believe you get Fur too)
Squirrel Meat (Cooked) = Raw + Stick + Fire

Light Small Fire = Twigs + Lighter (with Fluid)
Light Campfire = Stick + Twigs + Lighter (with Fluid)

Purify Water = Small Fire + Water + Tin Can * there seems to be two kinds of recipes one seems to be attached to Cans with soup in them, and the other without. If it has the Soup, the soup is lost. Another note, the Ash that is produced seems to Glitch and remain in the can unless swapped out, don't worry, just keep using can. ^_^

What I have noticed so far.

Nightvision - Handy for Scavenging, you find more items that way. Increases Loot AND Sneak (Sneak prob cause you could see someone coming easier)
Hiding - I would love to know if there was a way to use it out in the map, but in Scavanging moments it will decrease your chance of being found by a Mob but LOWERS the loot chance.
Botany - Eating plants and finding more shit when scavenging forests, you can find a ton of water and plants this way. Increases Loot to the max when scavenging in forests.
Melee - If you don't have a combat skill, you are missing a lot and get hit more it seems.
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2012, 03:23:21 pm »

Nightvision + Botany in the forest is considered OP from what I hear, good to take if you keep starving.

Also you can purify water with pills you can find as well.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2012, 03:27:51 pm »

Nightvision + Botany in the forest is considered OP from what I hear, good to take if you keep starving.

It is OP to the Max...

Smitehappy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2012, 06:23:39 pm »

Man that house by the lake creeped me right the hell out.
Interestingly, Armok's name actually originates from arm_ok, a variable in one of Toady's earlier games that kept track of how many of your arms weren't missing.

teoleo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2012, 04:07:23 am »

only play online? no a download version?

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2012, 11:07:49 am »

only play online? no a download version?
I don't think there's anything stopping you from downloading it directly as an SWF, but it could be sitelocked.

In the last game I played I seem to have destroyed all of my abilities somehow.

Also, why do I get the feeling that something's going to pop out suddenly? Does anyone else get that or is it just me playing too much Ao Oni/Luna Game-esque games lately?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 11:10:00 am by Blaze »

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2012, 01:28:36 pm »

Seems pretty cool, gotta try!
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2012, 06:04:56 pm »

So I finally got an awesome run going. Night Vision, Strong, Athletic, Botany, Melee, and High Metabolism.

After a bunch of scavenging and one-shotting raiders/looters, I ended up with two backpacks packed with food/supplies, so I started heading towards the glow. About halfway there I went and scavenged in another ruin, it attracted a raider, but also came with several nanotech medkits. So I healed myself up to uninjured, and went to smack the raider with my crowbar like I had so many others.

It one-shotted me with a meat cleaver.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2012, 06:08:19 pm »

So I finally got an awesome run going. Night Vision, Strong, Athletic, Botany, Melee, and High Metabolism.

After a bunch of scavenging and one-shotting raiders/looters, I ended up with two backpacks packed with food/supplies, so I started heading towards the glow. About halfway there I went and scavenged in another ruin, it attracted a raider, but also came with several nanotech medkits. So I healed myself up to uninjured, and went to smack the raider with my crowbar like I had so many others.

It one-shotted me with a meat cleaver.
Neck Slice...

Bremen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2012, 06:41:05 pm »

I just walked to the glow. Didn't encounter any enemies and didn't even need to stop for food! Survival sims are great but this one might benefit from a little more emphasis on the survival part.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2012, 03:33:36 am »

At least with slow metabolism, food and water aren't a major issue. I was making sure to top myself off, but I think my character could do two days of strenuous hiking before becoming thirsty. It probably wouldn't be bad if hunger and thirst increased faster, but I'd suggest that the first search area should always contain a container (plastic shopping bag even), a few food items and a canteen with water in it to give new(er) players a better start.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5