Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 162

Author Topic: The Museum: Adventure mode succession world (DF 34.11)  (Read 800755 times)

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Museum: Adventure mode succession world
« Reply #840 on: May 08, 2013, 02:18:15 pm »

The mapping is still ongoing - I'm familiarizing myself with the new isoworld and dfhack v3 already.  (So pretty)
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: May 08, 2013, 06:30:14 pm »

Fourth Entry 1103, Slate 3, continued.

Loge listed all of the available fortresses, including one that lies across the sea, and told of the adventurers who explored them. Only a handful are unexplored, including the one across the sea and a nice little place named Deathtraps. Since I don't feel like swimming, I shall head to Deathtraps to see if it is as dangerous as its name suggests.

... And was promptly slaughtered by alligators halfway through the journey. God Damnit.

The save is here.

Edit: The eggs count as my submission, since I didn't make it back with something better.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 06:45:51 pm by Argonnek »

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: May 08, 2013, 08:00:49 pm »

I'd say Bistra, The Illness of Spies is your God if you want one to damn something.  She loves doing crap like that.

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: May 08, 2013, 11:43:35 pm »

Eh, "god damnit" is just an expression I've gotten used to saying. Though saying "Bistra damnit!" every now and then might funny. I'll try it at some point.

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: May 09, 2013, 01:37:15 am »

Alligators are at least slightly more interesting than, say, a goblin ambush consisting of exactly two goblins. Seriously. Shouldn't I be able to just PUNT them?

Bistra dammit.

EDIT: Since I'm still bitter about the aforementioned goblins, I'm going to do something. It will be decidedly non-cannon, but I WILL pick up another adventurer and I WILL travel the route that Smige/Thele intended and I WILL write an epic story about it.

I also have no clue when/how she changed from Smige to Thele. What?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 01:42:37 am by laularukyrumo »
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: May 09, 2013, 01:59:18 am »

If you're going to travel that route, perhaps using adv-fort you could erect some shrines for others who want to make the pilgrimage?  It's something that would be really neat to find as an adventurer.

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: May 09, 2013, 10:13:36 am »

Everyone is timing out... This is a catastrophe!
It was not that dramatic actually. In fact, commodore1024 contacted me right after we skipped him, so I was a bit to fast (again) in skipping someone. Apparently he had downloaded the save and played a bit but he ran into FPS problems. If he can sort those problems out I'll squeeze his turn back in, but I haven't heard from him yet, so we will move on to Nan0zer0's turn. I've also added Laularukyrumo to the end of the list.

Loge listed all of the available fortresses, including one that lies across the sea, and told of the adventurers who explored them. Only a handful are unexplored, including the one across the sea and a nice little place named Deathtraps. Since I don't feel like swimming, I shall head to Deathtraps to see if it is as dangerous as its name suggests.

Dashedstake and Crystaltombs are also still unexplored. Sunkengem was explored but has been completely rebuild since, so I guess that too, should count as an unexplored site. Then there's Plankstirred and Deathtraps of course.

If you're going to travel that route, perhaps using adv-fort you could erect some shrines for others who want to make the pilgrimage?  It's something that would be really neat to find as an adventurer.

Is that possible? I thought constructions build with adv-fort where destroyed when you leave the site?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 10:15:11 am by Bralbaard »

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: May 09, 2013, 11:08:26 am »

From what I understand, constructions, yes.  Shallow tunnels in hills with carved walls or a statue or something in it like a medieval shrine? No.

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: May 09, 2013, 12:15:22 pm »

I'm standing by should we not hear from Nanozero.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 01:59:07 pm by notquitethere »

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: May 09, 2013, 12:49:41 pm »

Pretty awesome this game is still going.  I haven't read the whole thread, but i was checking out the OP, and I noticed there is an enormous inland lake with an EVIL ISLAND in the center.

How is there not a fortress there?
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: May 09, 2013, 07:44:54 pm »

I forgot to say this earlier, but I'd like to sign up for another turn.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: May 09, 2013, 08:08:36 pm »

Is the map in the OP up-to-date with all the player-made fortresses? It doesn't seem like a lot...

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: May 15, 2013, 02:32:44 pm »

It is up to date. There are 15 fortresses out there, that is quite a lot actually. I am not aware of any map in the history of DF with more fortresses, of course that means filesize has increased quite dramatically too.

Also Nan0zer0 did not show up. Up next: Notquitethere who hopefully will be quite there, in this case.

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: May 15, 2013, 03:05:05 pm »

It is up to date. There are 15 fortresses out there, that is quite a lot actually. I am not aware of any map in the history of DF with more fortresses, of course that means filesize has increased quite dramatically too.
Simply visiting each of the fortresses one time in adventure mode will pretty much alleviate all their contributions to the filesize; travel next to them, exit/reenter travel, then travel out; 40MBs zapped away. Toady didn't give a clear answer, but I'm guessing DF doesn't automatically pack away the fortresses after you've finished with Fortress Mode.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 03:10:10 pm by Spish »
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: May 15, 2013, 11:36:36 pm »

Totally irrelevant to most things, but I went into the save and fired up Legends mode, and confirmed that Smige Trailblizzards was, indeed, the official name of my adventurer, and she didn't spontaneously get renamed Thele Something-Or-Other. So I went back and edited the posts where I called her Thele, and fixed them to properly refer to her as Smige.

I'm also starting the previously mentioned Alternate Timeline Playthrough of Great Justice. Does anybody know a good way to view "hidden" legends mode information? Because I can't find the goblins that killed Smige, due to the world having been genned with "reveal all history" turned off. Since part of my grand epic quest is going to involve finding those goblins in particular and smiting them for great honor, I need to know who they were. Since I doubt I can get a quest to kill them, and most goblins, not being historical figures, don't announce themselves as "I am Stozu Stozustozu! Killer of Smige Trailblizzards," that method won't work... and I don't necessarily want to genocide all goblins just to get that information added. (Plus I'm fairly certain it doesn't work.)
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 162