Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 162

Author Topic: The Museum: Adventure mode succession world (DF 34.11)  (Read 801448 times)

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Museum: Adventure item quest (adventure succession game)
« Reply #645 on: March 29, 2013, 02:49:41 pm »

I actually made it to museum in one piece (unlike my army of companions, who all died about 5 minutes into the journey, ripped apart by peregrine falcon women vombies whilst crossing evil lands).

My Submission: All the vampire blood we'll ever need.

That is an insane amount of blood, I just visited the museum with a quickly build character and we have:
A minecart (833 blood)
A cauldron (166 blood)
12 bags filled with blood (50 blood each)
Amazingly, with the exception of one bag, all that blood is from a single vampire...

The world is doomed.

Nevertheless, I will PM Pie maker that his turn has arrived.
Also, if you feel like it you can still upload stories about the last part of your journey. I enjoyed the first updates. Thanks for uploading!

Edit: Here's a picture of Thel hauling all that blood to the museum:
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 06:06:29 pm by Bralbaard »

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: March 29, 2013, 09:10:43 pm »

Holy.

That is. The best image evers. It's just... He just LOOKS like an adventurer. Totally desensitzed tot he fact that he's hauling a cauldron, a minecart, and several satchels filled to capacity with the blood of a vampire.
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: March 29, 2013, 09:15:36 pm »

I like that image.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile

Atomic Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: March 30, 2013, 03:30:57 am »

[/quote]
Now that...that's beautiful. Although I always imagined him to be sitting inside the cauldron with his backpack stuffed with bags whilst riding in the minecart which is being pushed along by his slaves merry band of companions. (whilst in reality(?) everything was stuffed into his backpack, which had a surprisingly large capacity...)

I'm still not entirely sure how he managed to get all of that blood from 1 vampire though...
Oh, and the other bag was actually accidentally submitted. It is also vampire's blood, but I don't know if it works at all (was already a vampire when I got it).

Also, did you test it during your visit? Because, considering the bugs in this save, I'm not sure whether collected blood works, even if it worked as a pool.
As mentioned in the previous turn, the most exciting field of battle this year will be in the Arstotzkan capitol, with plenty of close-quarter fighting and siege warfare.  Arstotzka, accordingly, spent their design phase developing a high-altitude tactical bomber. 

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: March 30, 2013, 03:32:28 am »

Bralbaard, you should do one of Feb  :D

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: March 30, 2013, 08:24:56 am »

Now that...that's beautiful. Although I always imagined him to be sitting inside the cauldron with his backpack stuffed with bags whilst riding in the minecart which is being pushed along by his slaves merry band of companions.

That could work though I guess he would have had to find alternate means to propel himself after his companions died.
This all results in a far more disturbing picture:

I'm still not entirely sure how he managed to get all of that blood from 1 vampire though...
Oh, and the other bag was actually accidentally submitted. It is also vampire's blood, but I don't know if it works at all (was already a vampire when I got it).

Also, did you test it during your visit? Because, considering the bugs in this save, I'm not sure whether collected blood works, even if it worked as a pool.
I did not test the vampire blood, I did not want to spoil anything for the next adventurers.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 08:36:02 am by Bralbaard »

Pie Maker

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_MAKE_PIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: March 30, 2013, 01:38:07 pm »

Alright, downloaded the save, will probably post the first update next Monday.
Nice drawings Bralbaard. :D
"W-w-w-w-what do you want?"
"...MORTAL. I COMMAND THEE. BRING ME CHEESE."

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: March 30, 2013, 02:56:22 pm »

I have to give my vote to the second picture.  I was chortling for a full five minutes after seeing the glee on his face.  I can just imagine him caroming down King's boulevard shouting, "Outta the way! Move it or lose it!" or some such.
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: March 30, 2013, 03:00:42 pm »

Something interesting I found out - villagers count as "animals" that multiply when you have adventurers that settle at previously abandoned forts based in villages using "embark everywhere" then are reclaimed.  The types of villagers genned are random, but each time there's a new population of "unnamed" villagers when I bring a new adventurer by.  I wonder if this "bug" could be used to repopulate cities and whatnot in our game?

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: March 30, 2013, 03:06:40 pm »

Hmmm... A cistern of vampire blood - sounds pretty dwarfy to me.
"And in here, we have the largest collection of active vampire blood in the world!  It's said that this blood has been collected for centuries and deposited in the lake you see before you.  If you'll just step this way, I'll ferry you across to the island where the next stop of our tour will take place: The Temple of Armok..."

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: March 30, 2013, 03:33:17 pm »

I LIKE THOSE IMAGES.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: March 30, 2013, 05:10:20 pm »

Hmmm... A cistern of vampire blood - sounds pretty dwarfy to me.
"And in here, we have the largest collection of active vampire blood in the world!  It's said that this blood has been collected for centuries and deposited in the lake you see before you.  If you'll just step this way, I'll ferry you across to the island where the next stop of our tour will take place: The Temple of Armok..."
Ah, if only this were possible. Sadly, only water and magma are true liquids. But one day... One day I will have a blood moat. And woe befall any who dare oppose me.

Atomic Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: March 31, 2013, 10:07:15 am »

Now that...that's beautiful. Although I always imagined him to be sitting inside the cauldron with his backpack stuffed with bags whilst riding in the minecart which is being pushed along by his slaves merry band of companions.

That could work though I guess he would have had to find alternate means to propel himself after his companions died.
This all results in a far more disturbing picture:

Bralbaard, you just made my day! :D
As mentioned in the previous turn, the most exciting field of battle this year will be in the Arstotzkan capitol, with plenty of close-quarter fighting and siege warfare.  Arstotzka, accordingly, spent their design phase developing a high-altitude tactical bomber. 

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: April 01, 2013, 02:04:44 pm »

Ok, so the pool was originally just 6/7 water.  If the vamp blood could somehow then pollute that water over and over via the "washing" thing that happens when you're swimming, everything around the water would be covered with blood residue at least, which would be the same thing in the end.

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 162