Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 162

Author Topic: The Museum: Adventure mode succession world (DF 34.11)  (Read 800888 times)

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
Re: The Museum: Adventure mode succession world
« Reply #1845 on: May 14, 2014, 05:54:47 pm »

Man, I need to look at your save when you are done and try to figure out some way to rescue Dishmab.

All his flesh has melted off. He is basically a skeleton encased in adamantine armour swimming in the magma at the heart of the world. And he is not happy. I hope he still has his artifact adamantine shortsword...

It looks from your screenshot that you had your battle with Dishmab in a fort in the Hills of Murdering. If so, it is possible that if he was still alive when you offloaded the site he will be repositioned randomly when that fort is reloaded. He might come back to haunt you!
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: May 14, 2014, 06:17:43 pm »

The only forts I can think of that's near enough to another fort for it to be displayed in green are Sunkengem/Goodbrews, and fiendsearch/bodicerhymed. The former two are very near dinnerwandered as well, but the latter dont seem to be near any towns. But dinnerwandered is a + not a ☼. So... Where's Dishmab!?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: May 14, 2014, 08:16:55 pm »

Man, I need to look at your save when you are done and try to figure out some way to rescue Dishmab.

All his flesh has melted off. He is basically a skeleton encased in adamantine armour swimming in the magma at the heart of the world. And he is not happy. I hope he still has his artifact adamantine shortsword...

It looks from your screenshot that you had your battle with Dishmab in a fort in the Hills of Murdering. If so, it is possible that if he was still alive when you offloaded the site he will be repositioned randomly when that fort is reloaded. He might come back to haunt you!

Before I retire i decided I'd go and check and see if what you said is true... WELLLLL Sunkengem is meeting FPS death now. In fact many of the worlds sites are. There were quite a few fortresses that were fps deathy

Edit: Oh fuck

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This will be my finest moment. I will give you the results of the ensuing kerfuffle in my update tomorrow. It will be the end of Aco's journey.

Second Edit: Damn FPS death I think Dwarf Fort may crash. (Turns are taking like 20 seconds each)

I may have to try luring him away from Sunkengem because this is terrible
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 08:21:19 pm by Kromgar »

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: May 14, 2014, 08:50:04 pm »

My game crashed. DAMN IT ALL

Edit: YES YES YES! I found Dishman again I had to restart like 8 times im now going to go through the slow process of leading dishmab away from sunken gem so there is no fps death.

Edit 2: This is taking FOREVER.

Edit 3: My update later today/tomorrow
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 11:20:44 pm by Kromgar »

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: May 14, 2014, 11:45:47 pm »

Wait... Dishmab the Terrible, a magma burned skeleton clad in admantium armor still walks the world of the living, striking terror into the hearts of all who behold him - so basically he's become a Megabeast in his own right, and possibly a Titan...  I wonder if legends will be carved about him by local dwarves who both tremble and rejoice at Armok's avatar?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 03:09:39 am by Timeless Bob »
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1850 on: May 15, 2014, 01:51:36 am »

This is the most epic thing I have seen in all of DF...

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: May 15, 2014, 07:00:57 am »

Your signature is exceedingly accurate. In fact, it just doesn't express it anymore.

Dishmab is literally the pinnacle of what Dwarf Fortress is, he's...well...he's the adventuring dream!

Come on! Adamantine Armour and Sword, Legendary Fighting Skills, Went to Hell as if it were his summer home, Killed all opposition and he a freaking skeleton.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: May 15, 2014, 12:30:27 pm »

This is indeed the stuff of legends... The world has thrown everything it can against Dishmab. Finally in an epic battle a great hero manages to trick the foul demon, and Dishmab plunges into the volcano.

There's great reyoicing, everyone is ecstatic. People on the forums announce the end of an era. The demon is death or forever trapped.

Then Dishmab seemingly without effort returns to the surface..

Reminds me of the terminator movies where the terminator is completely destroyed and fragmented, and everyone thinks thats the end of it. Then the pieces just reassemble... the damned thing just won't die..

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: May 15, 2014, 01:38:00 pm »

Well, we can always try dropping a mountain on him.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: May 15, 2014, 01:53:43 pm »

Well, we can always try dropping a mountain on him.
Let's face it, he'll catch it.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: May 15, 2014, 02:01:55 pm »

Obsidianizing or flash freezing would work.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: May 15, 2014, 03:15:24 pm »

Perhaps the best place for him is a grand labyrinth wherein he may stalk unwitting adventurers.
I make Spellcrafts!

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: May 15, 2014, 03:46:24 pm »

We flash freeze him and he'll just get some girl to let him go a few years later, as the local kobold crime bosses below Dinnerwandered will demand to use his frozen body as a wall decoration...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

... just sayin.
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: May 15, 2014, 11:12:39 pm »

Sorry I didn't update and upload the save today. I'll  do so tomorrow at around 8pm est. I've just been busy after finishing my turn and I need to write up the last bit of stuff to do.

DVNO

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: May 17, 2014, 02:09:07 am »

KROMGAR1111!!!!11

((Sorry, couldn't help it, it's such a fun name to shout :P ))
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 02:57:46 am by DVNO »
Al mondo mal non e senza rimedio

Reach me via Bitmessage ~ BM-2DC7sWixk2iSKThdX9thhyrxWBeWRXUEv9
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 162