Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 162

Author Topic: The Museum: Adventure mode succession world (DF 34.11)  (Read 800908 times)

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
Re: The Museum: Adventure mode succession world
« Reply #1680 on: March 07, 2014, 11:33:27 am »

I have the DFHack that came with the Lazy Newb Pack and Stone-sense will start, display the logo, then display a blank blue screen with what looks like a crosshair of sorts. Then either freeze, crash, or just plain not do anything.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: March 07, 2014, 12:30:35 pm »

Always crashes for me, too. Not sure why; I haven't touched it since installing DFhack other than trying to run it. Does it need to be configured first?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: March 07, 2014, 02:23:37 pm »

I don't know. Someone find out and post links on how it works.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: March 07, 2014, 02:48:40 pm »

I'm on a laptop with Windows 8, and just used the latest Masterwork Mod to open the save file, (phoebus graphics pack).  Since the world is already pre-genned, only the vanilla workshops are in the raws.  So I just play limited to the vanilla palette of workshops and interactions.

Sometimes I use Stonesense, sometimes Isoworld, but always with the "print screen" applied to ms-paint, then edited and transferred to another ms-paint window with a black background.  The writing is in MS-paint too, (which is why I just leave the typos if I don't catch them first - MS-paint just paints the letter symbols without any form of content editing after you've added it to an image.  It's just an application of special lines and curves to the picture.

Anyway, when satisfied, I just save the file as a .png file, upload it to my deviantart account and post that link here.
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: March 07, 2014, 02:55:09 pm »

Ah. That explains why your pictures sometimes don't show up, my school's comp system filter dA. Not well, not consistently, but it's supposed to be blocked.

Any guesses why Stone-sense doesn't work with out computers?

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: March 07, 2014, 03:07:04 pm »

problem with RAM or firewalls maybe.

Also, sometimes I need to hard-reboot to clear my cache, otherwise things get weird.

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: March 08, 2014, 09:12:14 am »

I'm sad Kuchulain didn't make it to the Museum. I really wanted the boots with my face on them in the collection :P
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: March 08, 2014, 09:00:23 pm »

I'm sad Kuchulain didn't make it to the Museum. I really wanted the boots with my face on them in the collection :P

Yeah, that was a bummer for me, too.  It's why I was hoping to pinpoint where the "Littlest smoke thrall" was camping out - if I could delve a fortress stair down to where he was, at least his loot and corpse would be able to be recovered by some future adventurer.  Alas, that attempt merely caused the entire area to be encased in an FPS stasis field.  Fortunately, we know at least where he ISNT!

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: March 09, 2014, 03:36:36 pm »

You know, if Kuchulain wasn't killed or stricken from the records when you quit the adventure, he's probably hanging out at some random lair or something around the world. That's what happens to mummies and other things that make a name for themselves and have no place to reside. Finding him through searching every single site in the world would be no easier than finding him in the caverns, though.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: March 09, 2014, 03:41:14 pm »

Ooooo... So he could still be a "secret surprise" to a future adventurer?  That'd be cool

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: March 12, 2014, 06:24:42 am »

Any word from Thedwarfyone? That must gave been a week by now...
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: March 12, 2014, 12:59:10 pm »

Ah, sorry. Copious amounts of coursework. I'll post Friday, if no one minds?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: March 12, 2014, 01:48:33 pm »

Friday is fine, if you post the save you can post the stories later.

On that subject, Eric blank, have you been able to work on your story? We could send in our team of historians to try and compose a story from legends mode, but that probably won't do justice to combinelocks..

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: March 12, 2014, 03:36:01 pm »

I am going to have to wait a while before I can write up my story. I have no idea how long "a while" will be, so if anyone else wants to write a historical biography that'd probably be the most entertaining option.

Sorry about that. >_>

My visit to Combinelocks wasn't all that interesting, though, because I immediately solved the puzzle, ran in, looked around, jumped down a ledge because I was curious and paranoid of magma flooding and I wanted to check for possible threats, then realized the door locked behind me and I couldn't get it open again and was locked out. No idea whether the mechanism was only supposed to function once or what... Didn't even think to grab any loot while I was in the vault, although there was certainly some neat stuff inside. Nothing so amusing outside.
I make Spellcrafts!

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: March 12, 2014, 06:59:10 pm »

I am going to have to wait a while before I can write up my story. I have no idea how long "a while" will be, so if anyone else wants to write a historical biography that'd probably be the most entertaining option.

Sorry about that. >_>

My visit to Combinelocks wasn't all that interesting, though, because I immediately solved the puzzle, ran in, looked around, jumped down a ledge because I was curious and paranoid of magma flooding and I wanted to check for possible threats, then realized the door locked behind me and I couldn't get it open again and was locked out. No idea whether the mechanism was only supposed to function once or what... Didn't even think to grab any loot while I was in the vault, although there was certainly some neat stuff inside. Nothing so amusing outside.

It was designed to lock you inside the vault...you would have either had to figure out the secret exit or give up. :c

Man, 6 months of waiting just to hear my fort sucked...
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 162