Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 162

Author Topic: The Museum: Adventure mode succession world (DF 34.11)  (Read 800721 times)

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
Re: The Museum: Adventure mode succession world
« Reply #1305 on: December 23, 2013, 06:58:34 pm »

I did a little research after updating Gnorm's stats on the adventurer list, and started to write them down. When I was writing it, I thought I was the emissary from the Museum, with Teshil's ring of authority, but now that I have read it again, I think I am probably the librarian :)
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: December 24, 2013, 12:11:31 am »

What is the device on the ring?  What symbol did Teshuil Despairdaub use as his emblem?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 06:48:43 pm by Timeless Bob »
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: December 24, 2013, 03:27:04 am »

I did a little research after updating Gnorm's stats on the adventurer list, and started to write them down. When I was writing it, I thought I was the emissary from the Museum, with Teshil's ring of authority, but now that I have read it again, I think I am probably the librarian :)

Yes, but you're definitely a legendary librarian. I've linked your analysis from the front page:

52: Argonnek (finished) link
53: Gnorm (finished) link 1, 2 <--Investigation by Kesperan: link
54: NAV (building a Fortress) link
55: Darkrider2
56: Kesperan

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: December 26, 2013, 11:16:40 am »

May I have a small extension to my turn please? I couldn't exactly play DF much during christmas.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: December 26, 2013, 08:29:51 pm »

I'm two turns ahead of you NAV and as far as I am concerned, knock yourself out! I want a nice fort to explore (preferrably with clowns...)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: December 27, 2013, 02:58:29 am »

clowns, goblins, kobolds, deadly traps, megabeasts and halls filled with the dead and engraved with images of their demise :P
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: December 28, 2013, 03:51:43 pm »

May I have a small extension to my turn please? I couldn't exactly play DF much during christmas.

No problem if it takes you a day or two longer.
Also, as noted above, future fortress builders should note that we could use a few dangerous sites, Tongsrace has fallen to a crash bug, and I think that was our only site with exposed fun stuff.

On the other hand, it's been ages since we had someone submit something to the museum, we could use a few risk avoiding, succesful adventurers..
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 04:06:18 pm by Bralbaard »

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: December 28, 2013, 08:55:00 pm »

No problem if it takes you a day or two longer.
Also, as noted above, future fortress builders should note that we could use a few dangerous sites, Tongsrace has fallen to a crash bug, and I think that was our only site with exposed fun stuff.

On the other hand, it's been ages since we had someone submit something to the museum, we could use a few risk avoiding, succesful adventurers..
You might want to check out Ironhelm then :D

Proto105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: December 29, 2013, 09:48:18 am »

I've got an idea for a fun fortress, not sure if I can 1:complete it in time and 2:where in armok's name do I get a dragon?!

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: December 29, 2013, 11:14:06 am »

I've got an idea for a fun fortress, not sure if I can 1:complete it in time and 2:where in armok's name do I get a dragon?!
Dragons are in short supply in this world. It has now been running for over 100 years, and dragons do not reproduce. There's probably only 2 or 3 left, our adventurers and forts have killed the rest.

If you download the save and open it in legends viewer you might be able to find an undisturbed dragon lair :)

Proto105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: December 29, 2013, 11:38:01 am »

But then you still have the problem of getting the dragon to the fortress. (I don't specifically need a dragon, just something big and mean. Or a lot of smaller baddies.)

Edit: Are clowns trapavoid? ;)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 11:41:37 am by Proto105 »

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: December 29, 2013, 12:26:41 pm »

I learned the answer to that question the hard way

The answer is yes, but try putting some GCS webs in there. That'll trap them
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Proto105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: December 29, 2013, 03:00:22 pm »

I might just try to captura a hydra. They are easy to trap but hard to kill, which is perfect for what I have planned.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: December 29, 2013, 06:11:58 pm »

I don't know if you need to have the hydra/dragon in a specific room when the adventurer visits. That's near impossible, creatures are randomly scattered when the fortress is loaded. The only way to do something like that would be with undead: have a dragon skeleton somewhere and have it reanimated by an evil biome once the fortress is loaded. ( Quite a few dragon corpses should be available in this world). By using the dfhack lair command corpses stay where they are after abandoning so you can place the creature at a specific spot, at least for the first visitor.

Difficult to set up, but it would be fun. However, if the visiting adventurer is an undead himself it would be pointless, as the undead would be friendly to him/her.

Proto105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: December 29, 2013, 07:28:16 pm »

I was thinking about deploying them using cages and levers.

The main idea is a kind of Battletower, where you have to climb the tower fighting enemies. The difficulty increases the higher you get with a 'boss' at the end. Also, BOOTY! Maybe even a seperate staircase that leads from the top downwards to an entrance to the circus.
Do creatures still warp to areas which are completely blocked off?
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 162