Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Kill Aliens, and Don't Afraid of Anything: Enter Atmosphere  (Read 7917 times)

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Kill Aliens, and Don't Afraid of Anything: Orbit Over Verne
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2012, 01:22:06 am »

Don't worry about him. He is my brother, and i'll tell him.
Kestrel, ITS A TRAP! It's luring you into false security! DON'T FALL FOR IT!!
Tomb of Horrors can pretty much be summarized by "ackbar.jpg"

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2012, 02:49:12 am »

John was a bit Groggy, but then he finally awoke. Looks like it's the jungle boys.
He then plays the banjo bit from deliverance.
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2012, 03:08:59 am »

nice.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2012, 05:33:07 am »

Aurin strode back into the room where everyone else was at with a smile.

"It's a good thing my hearing hasn't diminished over the years, I've plotted the course to the jungle nearest to the old base. Now know that I haven't received any signals from them so stay alert. Once we touch down, get straight to the cargo bays and offload everything in there. I think we should also bring the...food we have here, for at least we know that it is edible.

"Does anyone have any herbal knowledge or such? Surviving in the Jungle, hm?"

She hoped the computer was fine enough for such a landing, a clearing in a Jungle would be hard to enact with all the undulations in terrain. The fact that anything could see them without being seen themselves gave her doubts, but if the others were fine with their destination then so was she.

She probably could have set the course to crash-land in the Jungle for a better entrance and to aid in clearing a landing zone, but what use would that be for her 'bot? And the lives of the crew?

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2012, 05:36:56 pm »

Mark stared at Aurin with dull half open eyes. "Unless you want a healing poultice or make animals live in you, I can'a help ya with the food. I got a feeling we'll 'ave more water than we can deal with." Mark stands and adjusts his armor and necklace (which is just a line of sinew tied to small pouches and a tiny bone or two). He cracks his neck and says "When do we plan on touching down, code monkey?" Asking Aurin.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 06:20:06 pm by Gotdamnmiracle »
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2012, 06:09:29 pm »

Okay,so. I go and find a vehicle of any type,and then play cards with someone,while driving. The bonuses stack,right?
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2012, 09:02:04 pm »

Iiiit's turn 2!

Squad Alpha:
Enter Atmosphere

Aurin assumes control of the ship's console. It's actually the first time any of you have been awake aboard the ship. There is a joystick, and a monitor and keyboard. A simple ">_" occupies the screen.

>AI, take us down to the base.
     "AI" is not a valid command. For a list of commands, consult your manual.

>Autopilot
     "Autopilot" is not a valid command. For a list of commands, consult your manual.

Fortunately, Aurin remembers some obscure trivia about antique computers from her training in computer operations.

>DIR
     C:\
     Commands.com
     CryoSyst.exe
     ReadMe.txt
     System32

>ReadMe
     Well howdy there! If you're reading this, your cryo chamber didn't have a power failure during the flight! Congratulations! In case of autopilot failure, you will have to manually land the shuttle. For the record, all the autopilot does is is slow you down when you get to the planet. Grab that joystick and get down there! When you're in orbit, Verne residents will contact you with further instructions. -Silvester Maximilian Bernard the Great

Having pored over the slightly insulting face and worrying depth of the message, Aurin relayed the news. Shogun Hua, being the only person with training in driving, takes the helm. Hua really had no atmospheric re-entry experience, but the decent began smoothly.  In the atmosphere the jungle is more defined- the trees rivaled cliffs and hills in size, and shrouded them too. Armed with the coordinates of the old base, though, you find a clearing in the canopy. (18) Hua touches the shuttle down vertically on a large concrete slab. The landing is rough nonetheless- the concrete floor of the artificial clearing is broken up with tree roots and vines, leaving your shuttle at starboard kilter. There is a large, pyramid-shaped bunker towering over the landing strip- the center of the old base. It's clearly been abandoned however. There might be valuable supplies -or information- inside, but the building and the jungle surrounding it are ripe for an ambush.

What's your strategy?

Squad Alpha:
Spoiler: Hastur: Shogun Hua M (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tiruin: Aurin Velias F (click to show/hide)

Squad Beta:
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 09:18:02 pm by Sensei »
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kill Aliens, and Don't Afraid of Anything: Enter Atmosphere
« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2012, 09:11:45 pm »

Unloading the ship, Mark says "Let's head into the base. Some interesting stuff should be in there. Plus some anwe's as to what happened to the residen's here. I doubt whatever attacked this place 'ill be back. It got whateve' it wanted. Ya don't visit dead battlefields unless ya be collectin' bones." Mark drops another crate on the concrete landing strip.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2012, 10:37:26 pm »

((Love that coding  :P ))

"Grab that joystick...Verne's residents will contact you...I can't believe the mental capabilities of computers today." Aurin walked off the landing ramp and proceeded to the cargo bay, grabbing her possessions and activating her automaton companion.

"Hey there, Atlas, it looks like you're going to have to carry most of our supplies now! Don't worry," she flipped the switch, watching as it lit up and responded in binary tones -or as far as she could imagine it. "We've landed safe and sound, thanks to Sir Shogun over there."

She turned to Mark. "I'm all with heading into the base, but first let me see if I can extract any crucial information in the shuttle and store it in my Laptop for further usage. I'm really interested in the tech here, and I think we should bar the shuttle doors and find something salvageable to use inside." She held up her Rifle and pointed it in the general direction of the base. "I'll try to see if anything is moving before we make our approach."

(Extract computer information from our landing Shuttle. Get and unload own supplies. Scout out the general area with my Sniper Scope.)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 04:18:16 am by Tiruin »

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2012, 10:52:47 pm »

"Okay, code monkey, but we came in loud and hot. Let's move out quick because if somtin' spotted us, well, we aren't exactly in the best cover here." Mark loads a magazine into his shotgun and gives it a pump, before fastening it to himself on a sling.

Continue to unload shuttle while the other members make up their minds.

((let's give each other nicknames!))
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 04:27:15 am by Gotdamnmiracle »

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2012, 11:16:07 pm »

"Hey there, Atlas, it looks like you're going to have to carry most of our supplies now! Don't worry," she propped up the auxiliary arm and flipped the switch, watching as it lit up and responded in binary tones. "We've landed safe and sound, thanks to Sir Shogun over there."

I hate to cramp your gig, but I should provide a word of canon on AI. I suppose I should have been more clear, the Mulebot is a box on wheels, essentially. It can be piloted manually or follow a person, path or attempt to reach a destination automatically. Of important note is that it has no arm unless you add one later, and less importantly no personality (not that I can really stop you from talking to it, or telling your teammates that it says things) although if you find the right equipment that might be negotiable as well. It IS military hardware, they cut costs where they can. Your laptop is a little nicer, however...
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2012, 11:26:33 pm »

((Sorry if this is a problem, but could I change my character sheet? I didn't realize that you could pick the same skill multiple times.))

((I hope to have a short, but awesome existence. 8)))

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2012, 11:40:58 pm »

((Sorry if this is a problem, but could I change my character sheet? I didn't realize that you could pick the same skill multiple times.))

((I hope to have a short, but awesome existence. 8)))
Changed.

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2012, 12:48:18 am »

Also, Does the Forensic Crime analysis Kit come with Sunglasses, and the ability to spout badass one liners and with a speaker that goes YEAH really loud after said one-liner

EXAMPLE

Dead soldiers litter the ground

"Well, It looks like overpopulation..."

Puts on sunglasses

"Isn't a problem anymore."

YYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEAAAAAHHHH!!

I would really like an answer. That way, hilarity shall ensue.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2012, 04:12:28 am »

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 04:14:24 am by Tiruin »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4