Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Kill Aliens, and Don't Afraid of Anything: Enter Atmosphere  (Read 7916 times)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Re: Kill Aliens, and Don't Afraid of Anything: I Need Five Recruits.
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2012, 11:23:02 pm »

Turn 1! Squad Alpha will be called into action immediately. Squad Beta may be called to action before Squad Alpha's service has concluded, or take actions of their own accord, but this is more or less optional. If Squad Alpha becomes mostly incapacitated but not totally dead, I might shift the focus to Beta and let the survivors of Alpha be the optional party. But hey, it might not even happen. We'll figure it out.

You're all equally ranked grunts. Nobody checks that your name is not actually Lance Corporal though, registration standards are truly lax.

Squad Alpha:
Orbit Over Verne II

Your twelve month journey has concluded. Your training has made you skilled, if not especially disciplined- you've been itching to try out your weapons in combat. Your ship is a small, utilitarian craft with just enough room for the five of you, the computer system that automates your journey, and in case of stasis failure, some food. Only enough food to feed the five of you for a week, which is fairly unsettling even with the on-board "bio waste re-use system". In the manual control room there are a couple of tiny round windows to the outside. You can see Verne below, there is a visible band of red desert around the equator, green swaths of plant life on either side of it, a rare blue river or two, and perhaps in lieu of lakes or oceans are large grey plains of stone. A small moon orbits the planet- while the planet you see is in daylight and you can't see any structures, it looks like there's some source of light on the moon's presently dark face.

Aurin, as the most qualified communicator, sends out a hailing signal. And then another. Minutes pass with no response. The last communication you heard from Verne was 18 months ago- you've been in stasis for twelve months, and there is a six month delay in any communications between the Verne system and Earth. Last you heard, the main military base in the Jungle on the northern hemisphere was likely to be overrun- you know the coordinates, but you don't know what you'll find when you go there. On the surface, you might have better luck establishing communications. Mark and Ryan, who have Geology training, also know how to survive in the grey planes or (more difficult) the desert, where there is less danger of ambush. Mark remarks that you could also try a voodoo ritual to determine the best place to land. Everyone else pretends not to listen.

Now that you're all out of stasis, you only have a couple hours of oxygen left, and there are no space suits aboard. Landing will be easiest in the desert, and near impossible in the jungle if there isn't a well-maintained landing zone. If you crash the ship, you probably will be OK, but you could be a long way from any friends if you travel by foot. Where should you touch down? Reach a consensus or majority vote!

Squad Alpha:
Spoiler: Hastur: Shogun Hua M (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tiruin: Aurin Velias F (click to show/hide)

Squad Beta, you are currently a month into training. Life is lousy, cafeteria food is worse.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kill Aliens, and Don't Afraid of Anything: Orbit Over Verne
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2012, 11:31:38 pm »

((I assume squad beta is unable to take actions for now?))

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2012, 11:35:48 pm »

By "take actions of their own accord", I do mean that you can get up to shenanigans if you feel like it. For now though there won't be many opportunities to do anything of consequence.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2012, 11:44:18 pm »

Can we reenact scenes from Police Academy? :P

>Viktor: Polish the standard issue Buster Sword menacingly in the cafeteria.

I won't bother writing more actions if no one else on the waitlist is posting.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2012, 12:20:05 am »

"Desert. I can find us water." Mark grunts out in a Neo-Jamaican accent.
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2012, 02:24:38 am »

Sign Me on!

Name: Commander Shepard L/CPL Steve 'Deadeye' Varayis

Inventory:
Sniper Rifle (1000)
2 Pistols (1000)
2 first aid kits (200)
6 flares (300)
2 Grenades (400)
Knife (100)

That goes to 3000.

Skills:
Standing Marksmanship
Running
First Aid

Basically, a supporting sniper guy.

The Fool: "Heh, size aint everything."

Also, Does the Forensic Crime analysis Kit come with Sunglasses, and the ability to spout badass one liners and with a speaker that goes YEAH really loud after said one-liner

EXAMPLE

Dead soldiers litter the ground

"Well, It looks like overpopulation..."

Puts on sunglasses

"Isn't a problem anymore."

YYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEAAAAAHHHH!!
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 02:33:49 am by Kestrel_6 »
Kestrel, ITS A TRAP! It's luring you into false security! DON'T FALL FOR IT!!
Tomb of Horrors can pretty much be summarized by "ackbar.jpg"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2012, 05:20:18 am »

Aurin tapped the sides of her Radio Extender and sighed. This was perhaps, after several transmissions, the eighth and last one. She tried every code taught to her in the academy and on her home planet: Morse, Braille, Binary, Telegraph, the ISO 639‑4 and ACP-131 coding... She even tried the Wabun code just to be sure. The Radio Extender was an all-around handy device, able to transmit about literally anything in written or oral form that could turn into radiowaves and to any receiving station miles away. All she heard was silence, no static at all, other than the occasional comment from the others.

She looked around at the rest, carefully studied their expressions and turned to face their general direction. Maybe it was time to talk with them, even after the introductions earlier.

"This is perhaps, the worst part of the journey. Other than the lousy food served back in training, we don't even get to interact with anything else. The ship's A.I. has been silent for how many months now."

Upon hearing Mark's suggestion, she wondered if it would benefit them all. Deserts were commonly known to be death traps back on her home, with sweltering heat and frigid cold in the shifting of day and night. They had no vehicle or materials to built even a rudimentary shelter if they found supplies, and she bet that the natural atmosphere would be a problem in that area. Though, they did have an experienced driver.

"I think the Main Base is the last choice we should be going to. If I know my communications right, there should be a general distress signal and I've caught nothing. The desert...sounds alright, if we can pick a place near our main destination." She accompanied her words with a slight nod and a smile, but unsure of their safety.

While waiting for their response, she mused to herself if her knowledge of computers would help the shipboard A.I. in it's landing. She promised to get her 'bot out of the hold upon arrival.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 05:23:53 am by Tiruin »

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2012, 05:36:42 am »

Mark tapped his fingers on the shapped steel arm of a chair, a bone bracelet clicking as he does so. "I ain't the navigator. If we can drop in the desert, we won't 'ave to cut through trees or deal with finding out whatever form of big ass bugs they 'ave on this hell hole. I don't mind 'alking in this swelterin' armor if we get where we're goin' quickah." Mark paused "I don't care really. Let's just drop this tin can, eh?"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2012, 05:42:02 am »

Aurin stood up and moved towards the cockpit. "Whatever you all decide, I'll be chatting with the computer of ours. To make sure we land safely." The 'mulebot' as they called it, was her first priority to see out alive. Obviously, after everyone else's lives of course.

((Not voting as I'm sure I'll go with the most lethal decision  :P ))

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2012, 08:58:57 am »

Shogun takes his bayoneet off his machine gun and practices stabbing the air in front of him.

"I aint going back to prison. Im a MARINE now! HOORAH"

"Lets land as close as possible to the main jungle base, It'll have a spot to land in the jungle and we can get more air upon landing and withdraw if we meet too much resistance right?"

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
  • A brazillion of football
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2012, 09:38:52 am »

"Yeah, whatever. We should land where the aliens are."
grunts Rapp.
"I want to try out this baby..."
He shows his gun, a mediocre assault rifle.On the butt stock are paintings from him... Letters forming "Sascha", a skull, smoking a cigarre, and of course his name.
"This is our mission... Kill these motherfucking non-humans. Hoorah!"

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2012, 03:13:47 pm »

Fine. Let's drop in the jungle. Let's just get outa orbit, huh?"

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
  • A brazillion of football
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2012, 03:25:58 pm »

"Yeah. Im getting sick of this ship."
He kicks angrily the air.
"I want some really ground under my boots!"

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2012, 04:50:27 pm »

Okay,so,bet what i'm going to do.(You get a cookie if you are right)
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2012, 05:57:40 pm »

Still waiting for Kingfisher. At this rate though, it looks like you're going to touch down in the jungle at the old base.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4