Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 54

Author Topic: SCP: Containment Breach  (Read 233172 times)

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
Re: SCP: Containment Breach
« Reply #585 on: May 14, 2012, 04:21:12 pm »

I've actually never encountered SCP-173 hanging from the ceiling, but that's just me.

Now, I have braved this game many times. The last time I found the box and did some shenanigans with it. Against my better judgement, I tried one of my friend's suggestions and got myself killed.

So I have a question, for dear this game terrifies me. The locked room, that requires a higher level key card than 2? Is there actually anything behind that door? You don't need to spoil it, I just want to know if its worth the fright and terror to satisfy my curiosity(I play this game more for the exploring and messing with the nonhostile SCPs than the actual fright...)
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: May 14, 2012, 04:34:14 pm »

There's not alot to the game at the moment. I'm not sure if a win condition is even present anywhere in the building, but you can tell that things will get deeper.

And to answer your question, there's probably something that'll kill you behind that door.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: May 14, 2012, 04:41:54 pm »

Yea, totally agree 173 could tons of adjustments. Since there's no need to animate him, his textures and polygon count can be pretty high without any major performance problems.

Untrue!  Animation is generally the easy part, computationally speaking.  Once your CPU says "Okay, the polygons are here", the GPU doesn't care whether they were animated or not.

But, it does make it easier for the artists.  >.>
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: May 14, 2012, 04:57:25 pm »

So I have a question, for dear this game terrifies me. The locked room, that requires a higher level key card than 2? Is there actually anything behind that door? You don't need to spoil it, I just want to know if its worth the fright and terror to satisfy my curiosity(I play this game more for the exploring and messing with the nonhostile SCPs than the actual fright...)
There's something interesting behind the door, but not terribly interesting. It won't kill you, as far as I know. If you have a keycard higher than level two and you find the room, go into it and see for yourself. (You can't find keycards higher than level 2, by the way.)

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: May 14, 2012, 05:12:40 pm »

There's something interesting behind the door, but not terribly interesting. It won't kill you, as far as I know. If you have a keycard higher than level two and you find the room, go into it and see for yourself. (You can't find keycards higher than level 2, by the way.)

Oh, I know. I just didn't want to spoil anything. I had already obtained the higher level key card before my friend had the stupid suggestion. If you are curious:

Spoiler: Stupid Suggestion (click to show/hide)
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: May 14, 2012, 05:19:50 pm »

Ooh, combine that upgrade with SCP-500 (if added)...
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: May 14, 2012, 05:58:10 pm »

Ooh, combine that upgrade with SCP-500 (if added)...

SCP-427 is the result.

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #592 on: May 19, 2012, 09:16:14 am »

Alright, after 10 cumulative hours of uploading spread out over 3-4 days (my uploading speed sucks ass for some reason), i have this sorta-Let's Play. I made it to show 106's pocket dimension, but there's still some gameplay in the meantime. I'm still fairly new to doing LP-style stuff, so any comments and critique will be appreciated.

I didn't put it on YouTube since i'd have to keep the page open for the whole 10 hours instead of being able to spread it out via DropBox. You should be able to play the video right there in the link, however, so you don't have to actually download the file, it can play there just like on YouTube.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 08:43:35 pm by 612DwarfAvenue »
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: May 19, 2012, 10:35:11 am »

Oh, the pocket dimensions were added? Well shit, I think I'll go ahead and do another SCP let's play as well then.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: May 19, 2012, 12:52:25 pm »

I have to appreciate this game, although I always run away from horror games like a little child.
So yeah.

I would however play a game which was about the daily running of a SCP facility. Horror aspects are fine, as long as I don't spend the entire game wetting myself.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: May 19, 2012, 03:38:38 pm »

I have to appreciate this game, although I always run away from horror games like a little child.
So yeah.

I would however play a game which was about the daily running of a SCP facility. Horror aspects are fine, as long as I don't spend the entire game wetting myself.

SCP themed Evil Genius type game? Doesn't sound too shabby.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: May 19, 2012, 05:55:03 pm »

A first person game about being a D-class would be my game
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #597 on: May 19, 2012, 06:22:03 pm »

SCP thread?

I wasn't invited? :P

SCP-173 <3

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: May 20, 2012, 02:29:26 am »

A first person game about being a D-class would be my game
So you'd have about, what is it? Three months? Three months to try and make something of your life while being thrown into horrendously dangerius situations, then it inevitable comes to naught as you get rounded up with those who joined at the same time as you and terminated, as is the routine?
Sounds Fun.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: May 20, 2012, 05:08:45 am »

They do have exceptions you know.
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 54