Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 54

Author Topic: SCP: Containment Breach  (Read 233241 times)

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
Re: SCP: Containment Breach
« Reply #270 on: March 26, 2012, 07:55:03 pm »

It's a forum thread.  Try reading it!
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: March 26, 2012, 08:11:31 pm »

Quote from: Development Blog
However, now it’s possible to take a break from running away from 173 and calm your nerves with some high quality SCP-420-J! I’ve also finished 173′s containment room and started working on the game menus.
So, SCP-420-J is now in the game and, for all the good it will do, we now have a confirmed gun:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Looks like an UMP-45 though it's probably a placeholder like the facility guard holding it.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: March 26, 2012, 08:18:53 pm »

So, SCP-420-J is now in the game and, for all the good it will do, we now have a confirmed gun
I wonder what combining the two would do.
I know I'll put a gun in 914, if possible, even if the results might be disastrous.

EDIT:
I just realized that I really, really like the idea of an SCP mod for DF.
Me too. 914 could be implemented as a workshop. It could be like a butchery, if possible, where creatures can be marked as ready for processing. The menus for object reactions could get kind of complicated - I'm not sure how much control mods have over the interface. Operating that would finally be a use for all of the worthless dwarves laying around your fortress - you could create a sectioned population of D-Classes.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 08:31:30 pm by Lectorog »

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: March 26, 2012, 08:39:42 pm »

Quote from: Development Blog
However, now it’s possible to take a break from running away from 173 and calm your nerves with some high quality SCP-420-J! I’ve also finished 173′s containment room and started working on the game menus.
So, SCP-420-J is now in the game and, for all the good it will do, we now have a confirmed gun:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Looks like an UMP-45 though it's probably a placeholder like the facility guard holding it.

Oh come on, I only posted that exact image like nine posts ago dude :P dayum

(bonus points for posting that under lord coopers post)

Edit: I'm not actually annoyed, I just thought the coincidence was worth a mention
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 08:51:51 pm by dogstile »
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: March 26, 2012, 08:41:40 pm »

So, SCP-420-J is now in the game and, for all the good it will do, we now have a confirmed gun
I wonder what combining the two would do.
I know I'll put a gun in 914, if possible, even if the results might be disastrous.

EDIT:
I just realized that I really, really like the idea of an SCP mod for DF.
Me too. 914 could be implemented as a workshop. It could be like a butchery, if possible, where creatures can be marked as ready for processing. The menus for object reactions could get kind of complicated - I'm not sure how much control mods have over the interface. Operating that would finally be a use for all of the worthless dwarves laying around your fortress - you could create a sectioned population of D-Classes.

Mods have no control over the interface. Also, I've already started making it :V

SCP-914 is already being implemented as a workshop. Right now, in fact. And, yes, you'd probably rather have class Ds working it :V

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: March 26, 2012, 08:53:32 pm »

Oh come on, I only posted that exact image like nine posts ago dude :P dayum

(bonus points for posting that under lord coopers post)

Edit: I'm not actually annoyed, I just thought the coincidence was worth a mention
Extra special bonus points because I started the thread. :P

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: April 06, 2012, 08:49:05 pm »

http://scpcb.wordpress.com/2012/04/02/some-new-models-and-stuff/ I will continue trying to post stuff before you can now. Looks like we're confirmed class D. I wonder what that means for guard interaction...
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: April 06, 2012, 08:50:51 pm »

I wonder what that means for guard interaction...
Termination.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: April 06, 2012, 08:54:51 pm »

I really am hoping for more than that. Like guards trying to capture you for more research or something along the lines. It seems s/he is adding scripted parts of the game, so it would be nice to see a few scripted encounters. Like a guard who wants to use SCP-914 (the gearbox, I think, can't remember) but is a little scared of it, so he gives you the item to use, points the gun at you and tells you to do it, that sort of thing.

You can do so much more than "I'm a guard, you're a class D, die".

Edit: Or hell, they could want to use you for 106 recapture. That would be an interesting scene to play out, even if it did end up in your death.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 05:53:07 am by dogstile »

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #279 on: April 06, 2012, 09:30:05 pm »

Hopefully, if 106 gets you he'll take you into his pocket dimension and you have to find a way of escape (presumably you won't be able to normally, unless you have an SCP in your possession that gives you a fighting chance. In the meantime, your skin slowly gets eaten away by that black mucus stuff as you try to escape), instead of just killing you outright (in fact, he doesn't kill them outright, he does actually pull them into the pocket dimension and screw around with them before killing them).

And i've said this before and i'll say it again, PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD IMPLEMENT 093 AS WELL.
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: April 06, 2012, 09:38:40 pm »

Actually, 106 usually returns its victims alive. They just don't tend to stay that way for more than an hour or two.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: April 06, 2012, 09:57:27 pm »

Hopefully, if 106 gets you he'll take you into his pocket dimension and you have to find a way of escape (presumably you won't be able to normally, unless you have an SCP in your possession that gives you a fighting chance. In the meantime, your skin slowly gets eaten away by that black mucus stuff as you try to escape), instead of just killing you outright (in fact, he doesn't kill them outright, he does actually pull them into the pocket dimension and screw around with them before killing them).

And i've said this before and i'll say it again, PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD IMPLEMENT 093 AS WELL.

I think 093 really deserves its own game.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: April 07, 2012, 06:37:11 pm »

Screw 093, I want 354.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: April 07, 2012, 06:56:18 pm »

That, was an amazingly fun read. Cheers for pointing that one out.

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: April 08, 2012, 04:11:30 am »

Wait, now there's super-weed in the game? How the hell does that work?
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 54