Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 54

Author Topic: SCP: Containment Breach  (Read 233188 times)

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
Re: SCP: Containment Breach
« Reply #210 on: March 22, 2012, 11:47:21 pm »

Aww, SCP-173 looks cute. :3

Makes me wanna play peek-a-boo with it.
Suuurrreee..... "Where are yo-" *sounds of neck cracking*

I'm having nightmares.... SCPs in Dwarf Fortress! And I'm an adventurer controlling a fort.

Rip goat, more loli
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 23, 2012, 06:31:47 am »

That technically would be possible with SCP-687.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 23, 2012, 07:41:47 am »

173 would be far more vicious in DF, because the guy can run in full speed, snap necks even when looked at.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Xeron

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill your family
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 23, 2012, 07:44:03 am »

Let me remind you,nobody attempted to terminate 173.A adamantine axe should do just fine against it if the dwarves constantly look at the thing.
682 on the other hand would annihilate your fort

Ah, the spoils of pasting one self's face onto women's bodies...

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 23, 2012, 07:46:00 am »

173 would be far more vicious in DF, because the guy can run in full speed, snap necks even when looked at.

That actually makes him less scary though IMO. Just an ordinary monster that runs around snapping necks, nothing paranoia inducing there.

And 682 exists in vanilla DF if you get the proper mixture of forgotten beast IIRC, since some are completely unkillable.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 23, 2012, 07:51:16 am »

Yeah, less scary, but far more vicious. You can't hack a sculpture of concrete with a masterwork adamantine battleaxe if it's running at SPEED:0.

Xeron

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill your family
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 23, 2012, 07:52:57 am »

Yeah, less scary, but far more vicious. You can't hack a sculpture of concrete with a masterwork adamantine battleaxe if it's running at SPEED:0.
But the concrete sculpture can't move if someone looks at it.So the dwarves would look at it and begin murdering the thing.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 23, 2012, 07:56:06 am »

But the concrete sculpture can't move if someone looks at it.So the dwarves would look at it and begin murdering the thing.
No such interaction exists to stop creatures moving when looked at, so basically, this 173 is practically the same with that cloning tree 173, with all the body parts intact.

Xeron

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill your family
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: March 23, 2012, 07:59:05 am »

No such interaction exists to stop creatures moving when looked at, so basically, this 173 is practically the same with that cloning tree 173, with all the body parts intact.
If there is no such interaction there is no SCP-173 either.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 23, 2012, 08:21:40 am »

Well, it should be in to add more variety to Forgotten Beasts and such... Though, Bronze Colossus, 173-style? Hrm...

Galick

• Bay Watcher
  • Dolly says you can help me...can you help me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: March 23, 2012, 08:31:29 am »

Thing is, 173 wouldn't be that big an issue for any major fort.  Mainly because of targeted shots.  You *would* eventually manage to slice off someone's eyelids and prevent them from blinking at all.  Then it's just a manner of locking both of them in a 1x2 room across from eachother.  Problem solved.  Just add a food chute or something to keep him alive.
Damn you google, why are you always so far away? Sitting at the top of my interwebs window, mocking me with you easy information. You are the prostitute of the internet.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: March 23, 2012, 08:37:04 am »

Thing is, 173 wouldn't be that big an issue for any major fort.  Mainly because of targeted shots.  You *would* eventually manage to slice off someone's eyelids and prevent them from blinking at all.  Then it's just a manner of locking both of them in a 1x2 room across from eachother.  Problem solved.  Just add a food chute or something to keep him alive.

"OH don't worry we've added a food chute, now say goodbye to the rest of the fort Billy. Sorry about your eyelids!"

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 23, 2012, 08:56:01 am »

Also, 682? No problem. Just cave the whole damn cave in. Dwarves are awesome like that, being able to kill gods with solid chunks of rock. Heck, they can kill gods with thin wooden flooring.

Galick

• Bay Watcher
  • Dolly says you can help me...can you help me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: March 23, 2012, 09:00:29 am »

All SCPs shall fall to DWARVEN LOGIC
Damn you google, why are you always so far away? Sitting at the top of my interwebs window, mocking me with you easy information. You are the prostitute of the internet.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 23, 2012, 09:10:44 am »

Speaking of SCPs, Galick, your avatar should be one. Dear god that thing freaks me out.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 54