Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54

Author Topic: SCP: Containment Breach  (Read 233025 times)

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SCP: Containment Breach
« Reply #765 on: August 14, 2012, 04:35:50 am »

It killed them because their FOV overlapped and there was nowhere for it to hide. Gave me a massive fright the first time I encountered it (didn't read the article).

Hybrid

• Bay Watcher
  • Strife M.D.
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: August 14, 2012, 10:06:01 am »

Finally got a chance to try the game out.

My first adventure started with running out of 173's chamber, grabbing a few items along in those small storage rooms and going in to the next room. Turned out to be that tunnel-like one. Walked just a bit to the front aaaand... Bam, the "Old man" pops up from the ground and starts chasing me. "Welp, I'm screwed" I said and turned around, and ran back in the starting room. 106 got me and I took an express ticket to the pocket dimension.

Oh, what the hell, this really is a strange place.

Felt like crawling around like a drunk in those corridors. Got to spot him running through a wall; a while later I popped up back in the facility.
----

Part of my saves got messed up due to the floor clipping problem when loading them up. Since when was this problem around, anyway?

Loving the atmosphere for this game. One time I didn't really pay much attention to the background music, so I wound up noticing that it wasn't there. All what I heard was my guy's breathing. Damn, that sure as heck managed to unsettle me, like something is about to happen right now.

Managed to get to 914's chamber alive and began to mess around a bit. Got the doors all closed up nicely, felt comfy in that place and- OSHIT! Some damn odd sounds were traveling straight into my ears. Took a look at the middle of the room and saw that our favorite wall-traveler was making a small visit. Seeing that I wouldn't get out in time, I selected the radio, tuned in to the 3rd channel for music and ran around in circles around him. Just, screw that guy. Screw him.
----

Quick question, does the electricity room (or however it's called) serve much of a purpose later on in the game? I usually just turn off the door lock thingamajik and go onwards, but other than that, I'm not too sure.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: August 14, 2012, 10:22:38 am »

a while later I popped up back in the facility
You can escape the pocket dimension? I haven't played the newest version much, I suppose.

Electricity room doesn't do anything yet. Will probably be able to do something with it in later versions, like turn on the lights and unlock some doors.

bukitodinos

• Bay Watcher
  • IM FUCKING DEAD WOOOOO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: August 14, 2012, 05:32:22 pm »

Can someone describe the new version without screenies....
I mean for the love of god! There's hair trying to kill a dog!
back to professional martinis with bukitodinos!
---
Put the flag in the martini and were done!
siggy!

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: August 14, 2012, 05:40:47 pm »

Why does anyone like Pewdiepie? His sad excuse for "commentary" is awful.
Eh, its better than a lot of the crap on LPs. I like it.
He talks about random things in a flippant manner, and then he screams a lot when something happens. I have never seen him do anything else, and yet he's immensely popular.

It is just plain confusing.

This, while he was fun for the first few videos I watched, it got old quick. Chairmode was ok lolz though.
Sadly Jefmajor, my favorite Let's Player (who's also an avid bay12'er, his adventure mode LPs are pretty awesome) apart from DeceasedCrab doesn't seem to do horror LPs :C
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

bluephoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: August 26, 2012, 08:19:36 am »

I just discovered this wow but I am going to wait to play it untill it is more finished.
Great to see the forum is quiet active :)

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: August 26, 2012, 12:19:18 pm »

Why does anyone like Pewdiepie? His sad excuse for "commentary" is awful.
Eh, its better than a lot of the crap on LPs. I like it.
He talks about random things in a flippant manner, and then he screams a lot when something happens. I have never seen him do anything else, and yet he's immensely popular.

It is just plain confusing.

This, while he was fun for the first few videos I watched, it got old quick. Chairmode was ok lolz though.
Sadly Jefmajor, my favorite Let's Player (who's also an avid bay12'er, his adventure mode LPs are pretty awesome) apart from DeceasedCrab doesn't seem to do horror LPs :C

Looks like I'm not the only person subscribed to both those guys.

May I recommend this let's player?

dwarfhoplite

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentledwarves, prepare for Glory!
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: August 26, 2012, 01:11:08 pm »

I almost crapped my pants while watching the trailer so i closed the wndow.

bluephoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: August 26, 2012, 08:52:48 pm »

A question about SCP-087, is there a way to survive an encounter or do you have just have to hope that he doesn't pop up?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: August 26, 2012, 09:22:28 pm »

I think you mean 106.

bluephoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: August 26, 2012, 11:14:47 pm »

I think you mean 106.
Was that a response to my post? I mean the small game called SCP-087 where you walk down this supposedly endless staircase.
Adding to my previous question, is there some sort of flashlight? There doesn't seem to be an options screen anywhere telling me what key does what.

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #776 on: August 26, 2012, 11:47:12 pm »

I think you mean 106.
Was that a response to my post? I mean the small game called SCP-087 where you walk down this supposedly endless staircase.
Adding to my previous question, is there some sort of flashlight? There doesn't seem to be an options screen anywhere telling me what key does what.

I'm assuming you mean 087-b (the hallways), not 087 (the staircase)? Either way you're kind of off-topic, seeing as this thread's for SCP: Containment Breach.
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: August 27, 2012, 12:01:42 am »

As to why many of these SCP's cannot be put to use for The good of humanity, I present the biggest fuck-up in SCP history:

SCP-76-2

Long story short, they sicced the unstoppable killing machine on things that disagreed with them. Then they ran out of things to kill.

It took a nuclear detonation to restablish containment.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

bluephoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: August 27, 2012, 12:19:27 am »

I think you mean 106.

I'm assuming you mean 087-b (the hallways), not 087 (the staircase)? Either way you're kind of off-topic, seeing as this thread's for SCP: Containment Breach.
Yes and sorry for going offtopic. I was in the believe that since both are "SCP" it would still be slightly relevant.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: August 27, 2012, 06:27:16 am »

As to why many of these SCP's cannot be put to use for The good of humanity, I present the biggest fuck-up in SCP history:

SCP-76-2
I think there's something in there about him shattering bones in a sparring session.
Using a Nerf sword.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54