Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: new requirements for baron  (Read 689 times)

kompressormight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
new requirements for baron
« on: March 11, 2012, 03:46:04 am »

anyone know them? seem to be a far cry from the old requirements of 10k exported, 100k created. i'm at about 1.1million created, 28k exported at the moment.

Lordraymond

• Bay Watcher
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
    • View Profile
Re: new requirements for baron
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 03:55:14 am »

Sometimes the diplomat just doesn't initiate the meeting for it for some reason. I know it took me several seasons to get my barony up and running even though I was at upwards of 4 million created and 200k exported after making dozens of candy crafts/furniture to display in my fort and make royal everything. Anyway, I think there's an architecture requirement, so make a few buildings out of gold blocks and you might get your baron.
The question is: how do you profaine a temple dedicated to pure greed?
Give a donation.

Jingles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2012, 04:16:02 am »

There is also a population requirement.  I suspect it's 20 but may be more.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2012, 04:41:56 am »

the wiki says it's 20.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2012, 06:34:54 am »

Make lotsa roads and bridges.

varangian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2012, 07:31:33 am »

My Baroness was delighted to be promoted to Countess within a few years. Since I'd built no roads or bridges I think the main factors for promotions have to be wealth and population, both of which expanded mightily. The Countess herself being a major contributor of the latter. Possibly generous trade terms are a factor, I'm running my usual ready meals economy with some crafts thrown in. Once I've bought all I need I just let them have any surplus in the depot as profit so the homeland trades on highly favourable terms.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 07:43:33 am by varangian »