Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: War of the Roses  (Read 13151 times)

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
Re: War of the Roses
« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2012, 02:02:09 am »

It seems to be almost Call of Duty: Fedual Warfare, right down to the blood smears on the screen when hit.
The combat looks much more improved than Mount and Blade and beign able to customise your character seems rather interesting. However the cynic in me doesn't like some of the other aspects:
     Some of the UI seems rather pointless and huge, seeming rather "console-y". Do I really need a circle to tell me where I'm aiming? The postion of my arm should be enough.
     Killstreaks. I seriously pray that they're not going to have an affect on the gameplay since I'm of the opinion that they're one of the most stupid aspects of modern gaming. 
     Regenerating Health and Ammo. Health could almost be forgiven but ammo just seems stupid. Ammo should have to be looted from either bodies or from your own/enemies' base. I believe also from that TB video that once his shield was broken it also regenerated after a while which was rather strange indeed.
     Perks. Not a massive fan of these since toften he right combination usually out-class the other choices, foring pretty static load-outs for the majority.

It looks interesting but this looks like something I'll skip over and just hold out untill Mount and Blade II.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2012, 02:38:33 am »

If it's mod-able, I get it...

(sidenote, for a pre-alpha it runs quite well AND it didn't crash in the 20~ish mins he plays, which is something mount&blade struggles with...)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 02:40:04 am by ThtblovesDF »

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2012, 12:02:14 am »

Struggles? It certainly haven't ever for me, except that one lousy patch last summer.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 06, 2012, 10:04:26 am »

So the BETA is currently looking for sign ups. If you sign up it will give you a unique referral URL that if you sign up 5 people you'll have a 100% chance of being accepted. 
Not going to post my own referral link however.

http://www.waroftherosesthegame.com/

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 06, 2012, 11:48:18 am »

Someone throw in their referral link and I'll sign up for it.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 06, 2012, 11:54:34 am »

This looks pretty fun.
Too bad this will most likely require a l33t computer to play. saddeazelhorns.jpeg
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

FloorBelow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 07, 2012, 02:17:41 am »

Here is my referral link.
I'd be really appreciative if some people could use it - I'm a long standing, high-level Warband player, and I fully intend to give feedback and actually bugtest the game, as much as I can.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 02:19:58 am by FloorBelow »

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 01, 2012, 11:33:41 am »

That's mine

I've played Warband for quite a while and like the person above me, I strongly believe I could provide useful feeback to the developers.
Avid Aurora player, Warhammer 40.000 fan, part-time writer and cursed game developer.
The only thing that happened in general was the death of 71% of the fort, and that wasn't really worth mentioning.

Tres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 06, 2012, 03:09:16 pm »

Vid

Wtf is that 11:24?

I tried the alpha for 30 mins, unplayable atm. There's lack of any feeling to that combat, it's more like that free Source mod than actual melee game like Mount&Blade.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 06, 2012, 07:18:38 pm »

Ummmmm.... why horses? Why you act like motorcycles?

This bugs me in Skyrim too >_>

There's lack of any feeling to that combat, it's more like that free Source mod than actual melee game like Mount&Blade.
Age of Chivalry? They're making a new one I think
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 07:29:24 pm by OzyTheSage »

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 06, 2012, 08:09:01 pm »

Even with Mount and Blade I'm finding I love that Napoleonic DLC more than the base game for multiplayer.  Given the game style forces teamwork.

I don't see that here.  Also when you go to do those cool looking stab the grounded guy moves, like 6 other people are gonna stab your ass dead.
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 10, 2012, 07:54:17 am »

Bump.

has anyone gotten a beta key yet? I haven't although that may of been because i refused to use those referral links.   
It might actually be for the best I was watching Total Biscuit's new video on in and it justs looks and feels like the Mount and Blade combat is just better. More fluid, less annoying UI  and better balanced. Some of the features like the lance and holding shields upwards slowing you down to a snail-pace makes me shake my head as to why they added them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu2-EFYXEX0&feature=plcp

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 10, 2012, 10:30:38 am »

Well of course M&B is more balanced, this is still in beta.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 10, 2012, 10:36:33 am »

I wouldn't be surprised if they gave you arbitrary invincibility while doing the ludicrous kill animations. LOOK AT ME I JUST STABBED THIS GUY TWICE THROUGH THE SKILL, I'M GONNA WASTE 2 extra SECONDS STABBING HIM THROUGH THE SKULL AGAIN BECAUSE ROLEOFCOOL

Really though, even if they don't give you arbitrary invincibility during animations, it would be hilarious since the death animations lock you in place for nearly 5 seconds.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 10, 2012, 05:36:32 pm »

While executing people you are not invincible and you can be interrupted. That means after stabbing someone through the brain twice, while winding up for the third stab you can get shot in the head. Then someone can go over to the guy who got stabbed twice through the brain and pull him off the ground, ready to fight again.

The way horses move is what really puts me off. In M&B fighting on horseback was kinda like dogfighting because you had to take momentum and obstacles into account, but in this it seems so.... jittery and unnatural I guess?

Not that M&B horse mechanics were perfect either, but they were pretty good compared to this.

My biggest criticism perhaps is that people seem to move rather slowly. Maybe it's just because in M&B I like wearing lighter armor in multiplayer so I can move quicker =p

EDIT: Also, despite people saying they've played M&B and post a video of them playing this, I don't get the impression they've ever actually played M&B. Either they haven't played it for very long, or I'm not getting a feel for just how clunky (or not) WOtR is in comparison. I'd kinda like to try for myself just to see but...

EDIT 2: ...or you can't change which direction you attack or block like you can in M&B.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 05:41:01 pm by OzyTheSage »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5