Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Jewelry?  (Read 591 times)

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
Jewelry?
« on: March 10, 2012, 11:23:53 pm »

Do dwarves wear jewelry in this version? I've heard people talk about it, but haven't looked to see yet.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Jewelry?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 11:27:37 pm »

As a product of historical figures coming in as migrants, you'll often get dwarves with histories as  big game hunters. Like other ancient societies, hunters that took down large kills often take trophies of their kills in the form of a piece of bone crafted into jewelry.

Only hunters carry animal jewelry - your average dwarves don't.
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 11:35:06 pm »

Is there any way to make them or get them to? Modding or anything like that? It seems strange to have it, and then not do anything with it.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012, 11:38:58 pm »

ehh... You could try adding in tags to make the civs wear jewelry standard. Might also have to make jewelry as a clothing article.
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2012, 11:47:28 pm »

You could mod it in as armour then equip your hunters with it on the military screen.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.