Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: I've just had the craziest DF dream ever.  (Read 4463 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: I've just had the craziest DF dream ever.
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2012, 11:21:24 am »

My weirdest DF-inspired dream involved me being transformed into a kobold who was somehow adopted by a dwarven fortress. I was engraving messages (hydra, elephant, lion, gigantic panda, flask, hydra...) onto the hallways, and eventually went into a weaponsmith mood somehow, making an awesome adamantine artifact sword. I don't remember how it ended, though.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2012, 11:22:07 am »

My weirdest DF-inspired dream involved me being transformed into a kobold who was somehow adopted by a dwarven fortress. I was engraving messages (hydra, elephant, lion, gigantic panda, flask, hydra...) onto the hallways, and eventually went into a weaponsmith mood somehow, making an awesome adamantine artifact sword. I don't remember how it ended, though.
pff, its obvious!
The ending was magma.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2012, 11:38:21 am »

It wouldn't have been if I was running that fort. A legendary kobold weaponsmith who made an artifact adamantine sword? Sweet!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Jessoftherocks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grounds all green and mushy, in dungeons o Despair
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2012, 03:56:32 pm »

I had a dream about df lately too, it was amazing to say the least. Toady one gave me a quiz about Df, All of the questions were essay questions. After using all the space on the paper to write my answers Toady proclaimed that I recieved an A on the test. I can't really remember the questions but I'm going  to assume they were about the best ways to deal with GCS's and syndrome Fb's. Then just as awesome as it had began my fps in my dream had slowed to a halt. An then I woke up. Needless to say I called my buddy who plays and he got a kick out of it. We laughed for quite awhile.
You obviously found a new species of smart kobold.
Way to go, you killed the only smart kobold's to have existed.
See? Not everyone avoids you!

Leo and the Hairy Midgets

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm not the brightest spoon in the shed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2012, 05:21:37 pm »

Be right back, installing floodgates all around my fort.
I had a drink the other day. Opinions were like kittens I was giving them away, and I had a drink the other day. I had a lot to say.

runlvlzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2012, 05:38:42 pm »

I've had several dreams, but mine are 2D and mixed up like tile sets. I used to dream of being the avatar from Ultima VII (the first in the series I was introduced too), 2D isometric.

As for the water, volcano's, and stuff, it sounds like you were dreaming about loosing control, maybe loosing control of your anger (the volcano), or life (magma, red, life, blood, anger, or rage). In a way the magma was the blood coursing through your fort, a dangerous volcano controlled and tamed. That control turned against you when your watery emotions came in a torrent. Although its all loosely up to self interpretation. Water is usually an indicator of emotional turmoil, calmness being calm clear lakes and ponds. Murky pools being the feminine. And torrents/waves being emotional upheaval. There's allot of personal research you can do on the dream. Right it down, and look up those things on Google, right them down as you interpret them, and then try to piece it all together. Just your mind trying to decipher reality and unreality while you sleep and the logical/analytical self is not in dominance.
I voted for BANANA!
Pages: 1 [2]