Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: mason wont get stone  (Read 1021 times)

ghazu

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
mason wont get stone
« on: October 19, 2006, 06:20:00 pm »

I have a pig stockpile of stone outside my fortress, and I told my mason to make a floodgate, but he cancels the job and says there is no stone. Do I have to make blocks or something

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: mason wont get stone
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2006, 06:38:00 pm »

maybe the specific piece of stone he is trying to get is in an inacessable area.  or maybe you are out of plain grey rock, and need to instruct him to make it out of dark stone or something.

Seryntas

• Bay Watcher
  • has created a masterpiece!
    • View Profile
    • RPGWW Forums
Re: mason wont get stone
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2006, 11:38:00 am »

There is almost no possible way that you could have no gray rock on your map, unless you haven't started mining at all, and you said you have a pile of stone.

Look at the stones nearest the workshop.  Is one in an inaccessable area (i.e. underwater)?  I once had a bridge that kept getting cancelled until I realized that one of the stones I was designating was in a room I'd accidentally flooded and couldn't unflood (stupid floodgate/source rule...)

"Nectar and ambrosia are all the gods are allowed to eat in Greek mythology. In that way they're kind of like pandas. You know, in diet. From there the similarities break down." -my Greek Lit TA