Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Utility: Creatures appear in alphabetic order.  (Read 600 times)

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
Utility: Creatures appear in alphabetic order.
« on: March 10, 2012, 12:53:39 pm »

I have put together a utility script which will cause all the creatures in the game to be sorted in alphabetic order.  This makes it MUCH easier when you are trying to create a stockpile that only takes corpses of certain creatures, or an animal stockpile that only takes certain creatures, or any other task where you need to scroll through the list of far too many creatures to find the one you want.

The utility is available at:

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=5837

This utility requires making major rearrangements to the creature raws.  It takes all the creatures in your raw folders, converts the giant and animalperson variations (to solve issues with those having to be in a certain order), sorts all the creatures by name, and then saves them in a single creature raw file.  You then delete all your creature raws and copy that one file back into the raw folder.

It's a bit of a hack, but until Toady actually alphabetizes the lists or puts in a search function, this will save a lot of time.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
Re: Utility: Creatures appear in alphabetic order.
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 01:33:44 pm »

Nice one!
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Utility: Creatures appear in alphabetic order.
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 01:56:44 pm »

Sadly this would kill my GUI selections. Would love to add it, but cant. Still, good work. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::