Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Persistence of dwarves after abandoning  (Read 913 times)

DDouble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Persistence of dwarves after abandoning
« on: March 22, 2008, 12:07:00 pm »

After abandoning a fort, the dwarves continue existing. Do they emigrate to other areas after several years?

Is it possible that I could have a huge fort, abandon it, run another fort for many years nearby, and see my old dwarves among my immigrants?

Until the caravan arc is put in, I'm curious about the effects of playing many games in the same world. So far it doesn't seem to carry over very much.

Yourself

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Persistence of dwarves after abandoning
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2008, 02:10:00 pm »

Well, I do know that in adventure mode you can run into your dwarves wandering as a group between towns.  I actually recruited my old military into my party.  They also seemed to leave a trail of crafts, bins, and barrels in their wake, which I found funny.

ToxicFrog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2008, 03:01:00 pm »

Old dwarves will continue to hang around until they die. Old dwarves with the ambush skill will continue to generate "an ambush!" message constantly until you lure them into the lava pit. These are known issues.

DDouble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2008, 01:36:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by ToxicFrog:
<STRONG>Old dwarves will continue to hang around until they die. Old dwarves with the ambush skill will continue to generate "an ambush!" message constantly until you lure them into the lava pit. These are known issues.</STRONG>

You misunderstand my question. I'm asking about running into my dwarves when I make another fort, elsewhere, not a reclaim. I was wondering if they ever show up as migrants, or if they settle permanently in dwarven cities in adventure mode.

I suppose that once the army arc is done, and persitant worlds are more worthwhile to pursue, I could make a small world and play several forts in it, creating hundreds of nicknamed dwarves, and then it'll be easier to see.