Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Free, competitive games?  (Read 12008 times)

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Free, competitive games?
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2012, 05:47:03 am »

World of Tanks. F2P online tank arcade game.

Checking out its Youtube videos will do it justice.

There is a topic floating around in Other Games and we have plenty of B12ers there.
Atleast five of us.

FluffyToast J

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2012, 06:45:18 am »

Thanks guys, I'll be sure to check out everything here.

Jester, I may just hit you up on that MNC key, if you've still got one. I'll be Lungs McWalken.

Edit: Speaking of beta/guest keys, I've got one Steam Mobile Pass I'd like to give out. Add me if you want it :D
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 07:06:35 am by FluffyToast J »

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2012, 10:52:32 am »

Try S4 League. It's a 3rd person shooter. Its very fast-paced game. Surviving the entire match with minimal deaths is a testament of skill.

It's a great game if you like competition. I played it when it still beta testing and a few months after. I saw trends and strategies rise. I even started a few trends myself. Seeing first hand the evolution of tactics is awesome.

Cash items provide little advantage so you can basically play free. It only provides cosmetic change that has a time limit(real time) which adds a few points of health. Weapons have a time limit(game time) and some weapons are permanent which gives a small boast in attack. Nothing totally game changing, in fact, beating people with the weak training weapons is very, very satisfying.

Svampapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2012, 11:16:26 am »

Empires Mod

It's a Half Life 2 mod. So if you got Half Life 2, which you do since you have a computer and play games, it's free. :)

RTS / FPS hybrid. Yep, not that many of those around. Specially that does it well.

It's got vehicles, or tanks rather, too. Taking the source engine to it's limits for sure, but they are the best implementation I've seen except for the buggy in HL2.

Weekends, when the community is active and server(s) is(are) full the battles can get quite frantic with commander screaming in your ear while you run around with your squad trying to win.

It's should definitely be competitive enough for you. ;)

There is also a patch with a lot of new stuff coming up for the first time in a long while, so old players seeing this post may find it worthwhile to check in on it.
Pages: 1 [2]