Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What is your most ironic moment?  (Read 2546 times)

rtg593

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
What is your most ironic moment?
« on: March 09, 2012, 02:15:36 am »

What events do you find incredibly ironic, so much so, they gave you a mighty chuckle?

In 1 week, 4 dwarves, including my x-leader, are all caught in the river and swept downstream and over a waterfall. Forbidding the log they were after, and designating the beginning of a river damming project, I check to see who is my new x-leader.

MOSES.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 03:43:42 am by rtg593 »
Is it because light travels faster than sound,
that people appear bright until you hear them speak?

JimmyBobJr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Irony Abounds
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 02:47:45 am »

HHAAAAA Religon jokes.  :P

I decided to kill off a bunch of migrants with babies (Useless haulers; i had 70, and theyre 20 or so babies) by droppin them into a pit filled with angry bears (Heheheh, was a goblin execution pit)

I decided that anyone who was able to escape the pit was worthy or surviving.

One migrant survived (With two dead babies), almost immediatly went melancholy, jumped off a small cliff, and was eaten... by a bear.
Where is the chemistry
They tried chemistry once.
It created soap.
Dwarves lost interest in chemistry after that.

FoiledFencer

• Bay Watcher
  • keepin' it feudal.
    • View Profile
Re: What is your most ironic moment?
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2012, 08:50:23 am »

Putting an artifact hammer in the hands of my hammerer (retired hammerdwarf) to rid the fortress of a prolific vampire. He proceeded to go berserk and rampage through the hospital busting the heads of soldiers like ripe melons. Then he ripped into a crowd of children by the welll, and... y'know. Salsa-wallpaper.
"Lithrushâst Kúdlizat: Fetidfur, the slick notch, a grizzly bear leather loincloth. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is studded with zinc, decorated with grizzly bear leather and encircled with bands of grizzly bear leather. This object menaces with spikes of grizzly bear leather."

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2012, 04:58:52 pm »

Building an isolated bubble for the sole purpose of keeping a family of Dwarfs alive, only to find that the goblins had a direct route inside... And my military did not. Project Eden ultimately failed gratuitously.

Just the first that comes to mind.

Uronym

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2012, 05:06:53 pm »

Embarked on an isolated island, intended to live alone, isolationist, in peace and harmony. But then, I learn my parent civilization is still able to reach the island, and forget to set the population cap lower. So some migrants come. I slaughter them all..

So much for peace and harmony?
What I think we're saying is we need dwarves to riot and break things more often.

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2012, 05:10:24 pm »

Assigned a seemingly useless dwarf as the first Captain of the Guard to begin creating some sort of countermeasure for vampires and crime, I figured that since I was well over 90 dwarves at this point I MUST have had at least one vampire in the hollows and a death was bound to happen sometime.

Not even 30 minutes later I get a message saying that one of my dwarves has been struck down, I go to check the combat log and see that my Captain of the Guard is involved. I go to check her unit screen and lo and behold, she has one kill, the dwarf that was just struck down.

Yeah.
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Iapetus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2012, 05:21:41 pm »

Got a skilled marksvampire in a migrant wave, so decided to build a lookout/sniper tower to imprison him in. 

Just as it was completed and I was about to lock him in it, I got a message saying he had been missing for a week. (I still haven't found the body).

There were no goblin attacks, and nothing mentioning him in the combat log, so I can only guess he was killed by another vampire (I subsequently discovered I had at least two others).

Engraved on the floor is a well-designed image of a kobold and a carp.  The kobold is making a plaintive gesture.  The carp is laughing.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2012, 05:22:57 pm »

^^^^^^^^^^
Vampires cannot and will not drain each other. Probably got mauled to death by a lungfish or a yak attack

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2012, 05:37:34 pm »

A soldier who was patroling the living area saw a vampire (The CoG) draining blood of his wife, a similar situation happened after but with his children.
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

Iapetus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2012, 05:46:44 pm »

^^^^^^^^^^
Vampires cannot and will not drain each other. Probably got mauled to death by a lungfish or a yak attack

No, I just checked in Legends, and it's even more ironic than that :)

I told him to pull the lever at the top of his tower that would seal him in.  He did so, then went down to leave, and got killed by the drawbridge closing.
Engraved on the floor is a well-designed image of a kobold and a carp.  The kobold is making a plaintive gesture.  The carp is laughing.