Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Animalmen Civ Mod and Remover(34.05)  (Read 1268 times)

Silicoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Animalmen Civ Mod and Remover(34.05)
« on: March 09, 2012, 01:01:44 am »

This mod I designed for people (like me) who want to play animalmen and those who don't want to see them at all.  I found when I encountered them in the regular DF, they didn't really mean anything to me as they didn't belong to a civ.  I also wanted to tryout my favorite animalmen as an adventurer.

This mod allows you to play all new animalmen races and adds them as civs.

This mod randomly generates animalmen civilizations from the list of animalmen(one good, one neutral and one evil civ(5 per entity definition)), so each game a different set of animalmen races are generated. I found that civilized races are not generated in the wild, so putting ALL animalmen into civs removes them from the wild.

Do not change the creature_zanimalmen name as DF loads files in order, and if you change the name to creature_animalmen, it will load that file before the base creatures are loaded, causing errors.

I manually loaded all of the animalmen into a seperate file so they can be deleted with a simple click rather than hunting through the raws
 To get rid of all animalmen(and remover civs):
 1. copy files to objects folder
 2. delete creatue_zanimalmen and entity_animalmen
 3. play

This mod was more of a personal mod for me, but if there is enough interest/feedback, I will improve on this mod, and keep it current for each release....

Animalmen Mod(34.05)
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=5821

Blakmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Animalmen Civ Mod and Remover(34.05)
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 02:17:59 am »

Sounds interesting, downloading!

I recommend limiting the number of seasons an entity is active in to one, just to stop depot spam in fortress mode.

Silicoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2012, 09:34:34 am »

Thanks! I uploaded the new version with each entity being active at one season.  I was testing this mod more for adventure mod as this mod came about when I was looking for animals to cook for food, but all there was, was animalmen(who you can't eat).

Shadowscales

• Bay Watcher
  • rawr
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2012, 10:03:56 pm »

The mod is really good!
Although, I'd like it if I could get quests from animal-men civs...
Also, could you integrate Wanderer's Friend?
Welcome to the fold, the weirdos are in that corner, and that one, and those two. And in the middle too, we're all weirdos in the Furry Fandom