Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11

Author Topic: Bloodymine (Succession)(Mountainhome Mandates)  (Read 29461 times)

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
Re: Bloodymine (Succession)(Mountainhome Mandates)(v0.34.05)
« Reply #90 on: March 28, 2012, 08:13:04 pm »

Strategia, he's a brilliant comedian. Look him up.

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games
« Reply #91 on: March 28, 2012, 10:56:16 pm »

First off, sorry for no update today. RL got in the way... rawr... also, sleep caught up with me for the first time in a while ^_^ huzzah for actually being well rested! Okay, on to the important stuff.

@Strategia: Birds in general do not require pasture space to be effective layers, or indeed survive. I routinely use 10x10 spaces packed with about 50 nest boxes when I need eggs for my larger forts. Keep in mind that having 50x12-14 Turkey Eggs generally leads to entirely Turkey Egg roasts/stews/biscuits which I guess could be a bit boring. Also, unless the food stockpile is enabled for egg storage the resulting Turkeysplosion is rather impressive and FPS crippling, as well as possibly a contributer to Carpel Tunnel Syndrome with having to either set for butchering all the new chicks or setting them all for pasturing...slightly taxing on any sane person's mental stability.

It will be my turn to cook dinner at my house for the next two days, but I will attempt to provide at least one decent update (two or three in game months worth) during that time. I may be able to provide up to six months of update if I get my pc to work right. My PC can play this game about 10x faster than my laptop, and I am working on upgrading it even more within the next week. The likely outcome of everything will be better photos and more efficient updating here. Trying to put in a wireless adapter to my PC also, so I don't have to download to laptop and then transfer to the PC later...

Well, gots lots more stuff to get done tonight, so will be back here tomorrow or friday!

GalenEvil
Fun is Fun......Done is Done... or is that Done is !!FUN!!?
Quote from: Mr Frog
Digging's a lot like surgery, see -- you grab the sharp thing and then drive the sharp end of the sharp thing in as hard as you can and then stuff goes flying and then stuff falls out and then there's a big hole and you're done. I kinda wish there was more screaming, but rocks don't hurt so I guess it can't be helped.

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 31, 2012, 05:41:14 pm »

What's up GalenEvil? I think Mountainhome might mandate a MS Paint picture from you shortly.  :P

Hope your real life bunnies are prosperous.

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games
« Reply #93 on: April 04, 2012, 10:07:45 pm »

I'm sorry guys :( my computer decided it was gonna blow up on me. having to get it fixed and not sure when I'll be able to update since I just now can borrow my mom's computer which does not have DF on it. Sorry but I don't think I'll be able to complete my turn, and do not think that my computer will get fixed soon enough for me to continue from where I left off last time. Please skip the rest of my turn and continue from where I started. Sucks that it will be now two players will be skipped :(

GalenEvil
Digging's a lot like surgery, see -- you grab the sharp thing and then drive the sharp end of the sharp thing in as hard as you can and then stuff goes flying and then stuff falls out and then there's a big hole and you're done. I kinda wish there was more screaming, but rocks don't hurt so I guess it can't be helped.

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
  • Cheese is essential to any successful fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 05, 2012, 04:46:00 am »

Oh, by the way, could you add me to the end of the turn list again? Gimme turn 12 or so, and slot anyone else who applies in before me (or I'll end up running this place three years in a row, at this rate :P).

wastedlands

• Bay Watcher
  • I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts...
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 05, 2012, 05:36:47 am »

Will the wardog mandate continue to apply or are you going to think up something new?

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 05, 2012, 06:35:48 am »

It's been a slow-go people, whew! Let's see if I can put some life back in this Bloodymine of ours. The Mandate will stay until it is fulfilled.  :)

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 05, 2012, 07:39:22 am »

1 Granite 502

What a bloody mess! We have no food and the last leader just kept making us dig and smooth stone with no regards to our needs. No more! I've taken over and will right this horrible wrong.

Our mayor has failed us greatly and even with that he has a mandate of 2 war-hammers. We've also received a mandate from Mountainhome too. *sigh* So much to do.

Reports from the citizens show signs of a necromancer within the area, that will need to be a priorty.

First thing's first, reassign jobs. EVERYONE has been smoothing stone, I don't think they even remember how to do anything else. Anyone who does not wish to give up their stone smoothing ways, I have named 'Strat's Slave'. I myself stop smoothing and start building farms with a few other farmers.

Buttload of people and we only have two, TWO, in the militia?! I fix that right away and have a full squad of 10 training day-in and day-out now. We have two archers as well, hopefully we can find that necromancer and shoot them down.

We have a child calling themselves Fishybang the Reincarnated Miner running around pretending to channel out dirt, then he pretends to fall to his death... most disturbing. I have found our Head Blacksmith, TheWetSheep, and I make note to remember the damned war-hammer mandate as well as equipment for our new squad.

I finally get inside and it is a glorious sight. The whole place is carved from stone! Not a single mason's stone block as been made, it solid rock, dwarven amazing! I see the beauty of the last leader's vision, but the cost to our morale and need of sustenance was almost too much.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 08:00:42 am by Brewster »

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 19, 2012, 06:22:51 pm »

25 Granite 502

We've done a patrol of the area and Nix finally found the guy! It was a pretty simple fight. Nix had a nice shot and sliced off the bastard's hand off.

SOB! He just resurrected his hand to fight for him!! while he stumbles off in pain. We finally killed the bastard and hauled all the dead bits inside away from any of his necro buddies.

2 Slate 502

Ooooo puppies! Also, notice the lack of food too.  :(

8 Slate 502

Migrants, ugh... more mouths to feed. 19 total, 10 of which i made into a new army group and two were hunters who will be our two man archer team.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 06:24:25 pm by Brewster »

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 19, 2012, 08:26:35 pm »

21 Slate 502

Found the one necromancer with the book! We sent our 20 militia dwarfs at her.

Wow,she really packs a punch with that book. The militia privates teeth went spraying everywhere.

She's fast too! Had our group running around the pond for awhile, but we finally slayed her.

1 Felsite 502

We have a vampire in our midts.

12 Felsite 502

Knew I forgot about something.

14 Felsite 502

67 undead have sieged us!

15 Felsite 502

Quickly, we ran everyone inside. And pulled the only lever we saw. Luckly it was linked to the bridge built within our first month here. We locked ourselves in but we left one outside. The swarm of undead quickly killed him.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 09:01:35 pm by Brewster »

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 19, 2012, 08:34:22 pm »

D: The undead must be pissed because we killed their masters. Or they were dispatched by a friend of the ones we killed. What kind of undead are sieging us?

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 19, 2012, 08:58:24 pm »

Mix of dwarfs and elfs. Butt-load of them.

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 19, 2012, 09:01:02 pm »

Mix of dwarfs and elfs. Butt-load of them.

We're doomed.

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
Re: Bloodymine (Succession)(Mountainhome Mandates)
« Reply #103 on: April 19, 2012, 09:05:26 pm »

Well, we're safe for now! Food will probably what kills us first, haha. Guess I should get nest boxes built inside and have nice egg roasts to stable us? Maybe the undead will just leave soon?? I don't think we can fight them, mono a mono.

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games
Re: Bloodymine (Succession)(Mountainhome Mandates)
« Reply #104 on: April 20, 2012, 11:49:03 pm »

The fuck? How the hell did I NOT GET SIEGED?!!!!!11111one one one

I also did not kill any necromancers, so I will hazard a guess at that being the actual impetus of it all. Hey, build a farm in the main circle room in the bottom left and that should at least get you some food... also puppy isn't all that bad... still rather tender since it has had just a steady diet of its mother's milk and not any of whatever the fuck dogs eat in the game.

Egg Roasts are godly... you can get a good few hundred in just a few weeks! It is overpowered and awesome and tasty... mmm eggs... As long as they were free range to begin with >.>

(My eggs at home, from some pretty awesome chickens, are much more yellow than store-bought eggs. They taste infinitely better also)

GalenEvil
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11