Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Stuck  (Read 2168 times)

Doctor Blood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
Stuck
« on: March 08, 2012, 07:51:01 pm »

Hey guys, I'm having trouble looting some dead goblins. When I try to pick something up it says i dont have a free grasp, because i have my spear in one hand and my long dagger in the other. now the only option i can see is to drop either of my weapons to pick up something else. Is there someone who can help me out here?
Jumping into a waterfall to get water is Spectacular.

Raidmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Hackin' n' Wackin' n' Smackin'
    • View Profile
Re: Stuck
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 07:53:01 pm »

To carry more things, I believe you would need a bag, since you can only hold so many items in either hand before you run out of things to grasp with, so finding a bag or backpack would help, otherwise you'd just have to take one thing.

Doctor Blood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2012, 07:55:33 pm »

When i first killed a Goblin Bowmen, I struck him down throwing my spear. then my guy automatically switched to the knife that wasnt already equipped? Can i sheathe a weapon or did i lose my bag?

Blakmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2012, 08:18:05 pm »

If you have a spear and dagger you are probably playing as a human outsider, yes? If so, outsiders start with no equipment other than said spear and dagger: they're completely stark naked.

If you want to store stuff you'll need either a bag or (preferably) a backpack. Hunting tombs and under keeps should net you these items pretty easily.

Until then, yes, you can only hold 2 items at once. If you want to take something from the goblins you'll have to leave your dagger or spear behind.

Doctor Blood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2012, 08:20:05 pm »

I haven't been playing Adventure mode that much since i just die randomly, but where do i find a tomb? and since im playing on my laptop, I am on a tiny island, with a Goblin Fortress.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2012, 08:22:15 pm »

AFAIK Goblin civs don't build tombs at this time. You'll have to be near human settlements.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Doctor Blood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2012, 08:27:55 pm »

I am invading a camp right now, and I just learned there isnt a Capitol in the area. Ok this is so weird. Im right outside a camp an i teamed up with two Goblins. One is a Lasher an the other a Spearman. I am a human yes, killing a human bandit teaming up with two goblins that im pretty sure are that of the Fortress that two patrols had recently jumped me a week or so ago.

Raidmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2012, 08:28:32 pm »

If you look for the uphill symbol on a map, that usually represents a tomb, I've recently found a few very close to human hamlets. To switch your spear back to your primary hand, you'll want to..

[D]rop the Blade
[D]rop the Spear
Pick up the spear from the [G]round.
Pick up the blade from the [G]round.

The spear should now be in your primary hand, and not your secondary.

Doctor Blood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2012, 08:32:09 pm »

I found a bag a llama wool bag three Asubehal silver coins and 4 copper coins and a gold coin. Do i still need to drop something to be able to pick up the bag?

Raidmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2012, 08:42:08 pm »

I believe so, try it first, then [P]ut things inside of the bag, as you pick them up.

If not, try and [W]ear the bag, if that's possible.

Doctor Blood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2012, 08:47:12 pm »

I have the bag in my right hand. When i press P it says, You dont have a suitable container. W you have nothing left to wear. I did find this in a Goblin Guarded camp. Is it possible that i cant equip it because it is in their property and such or am i having problems XD

Doctor Blood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2012, 08:58:37 pm »

So on my way to task number two... My followers of which i had gathered at my first task unable to figure out what i was supposed to do. So i get to task number two then as i thought i was supposed to fight the incoming goblins it asked me are you sure you want to attack. I said no but my followers proceeded to fight. Mine lost naturally since there were like 6 to 4. This game is really making me lose my MIND!!!!!

Doctor Blood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2012, 09:02:10 pm »

I'm talking to this goblin Crossbowman and he tells me to kill their Ringleader... WTF?!

Blakmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2012, 09:08:21 pm »

As an outsider, you don't have any site allegiance. This means that goblins won't be automatically at war with you and you'll be able to talk/recruit them. You used to be able to do the same thing with bandits, not sure if this still applies.

'You don't have a suitable container' usually means the bag is full. Might be that the spear is too big to fit in the bag, or it is already full due to the coins. Try putting your knife in the bag, or taking the coins out.

I recommend downloading the wanderer's friend mod, as it lets you craft your own backpacks. Makes playing outsiders much easier.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2012, 10:52:42 pm »

It is also possible that you picked up a pouch, rather than a bag, given that it was initially holding coins; a pouch would store much less, mostly small items.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: [1] 2