Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: One building, multiple levers?  (Read 1046 times)

w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.whitehouse.gov/president/
One building, multiple levers?
« on: October 18, 2006, 08:23:00 am »

I'll try this out myself when I get a chance, but I figure that somebody here might already know the answer.

The wiki says that "Multiple buildings can be linked to the same lever".

But can multiple levers be linked to the same building?

And if so, will it have the effect that I desire?

Specifically, I want each such lever to be able to control the building, independently.  

That is, I want it so that when you want to control the building, you can pull any linked lever, not that you have to pull all linked levers.

Actually, ultimately, I would like to be able to hook up multiple buildings to multiple levers; moreover, I would like both the sets of buildings and the sets of levers to be able to intersect, overlap, contain, be contained in, and so forth, other such sets.

I want this for really fine-grained control of my steam defenses.  "Steam that area", "steam that other area", "steam both areas", "steam the whole world", "shut down that channel for maintenance", "shut down that other channel for maintenance", "shut down all those channels for maintenance" - all of those intersecting, overlapping possibilities can each be accomplished precisely, with a single lever pull.

Draxxalon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: One building, multiple levers?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2006, 10:48:00 am »

I'm not entirely sure I follow what you are asking, but I'll try to answer it.

I have a series of floodgates that I use for the inner door in my "air-lock" front door.

One of the gates is hooked up to two levers.   I can open the entire row with the first lever, or just the lone gate with the second lever.

You cannot have the same lever hooked up to the same object twice though.

w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.whitehouse.gov/president/
Re: One building, multiple levers?
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2006, 12:40:00 pm »

Right, thanks, that answers most of what I was asking, and is the answer that I was hoping for.