Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Mod with Settings  (Read 4854 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Mod with Settings
« on: March 08, 2012, 03:17:53 am »

Hey guys,

Just a little selfpromotion going on. I got several people in my thread that posted stuff along the lines of: Why havent I heard of this ? Why did I find out about it just now ?

Point is: I wrote a program that can take tiny portions of my mod and remove or add them, just like you wish. This means you can, without any knowledge in modding, mod your own game with just a few clicks. I made over 110 settings, which enables over 5000 different combinations. The entire thing is a big package with all kinds of stuff in it and I am always eager to hear feedback.

If you like, have a go: Masterwork Dwarf Fortress
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Mod with Settings
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 02:16:29 pm »

Awesome. Might download this.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2012, 11:24:09 pm »

Just put up a little patch in my dropbox. Fixes some minor issues and adds one new features, booze made from blood. This way you can use goblin corpses to make bloodwine :)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

lifehole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2012, 03:49:54 am »

Any settings that heavily modify worldgen or adv mode? Because I don't play much fortress mode.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2012, 02:57:06 pm »

I added wanderers friend, but otherwise havent done much about Adv. Mode. Customized worldgens are included if you wish, standard ones are still there as well.

Quite frankly I never play Adv. Mode, but got some reports from players that there might be some problem with it in this mod, since it adds many races, and only humans have towns and give quests (is this correct?)

lifehole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2012, 01:27:58 am »

I added wanderers friend, but otherwise havent done much about Adv. Mode. Customized worldgens are included if you wish, standard ones are still there as well.

Quite frankly I never play Adv. Mode, but got some reports from players that there might be some problem with it in this mod, since it adds many races, and only humans have towns and give quests (is this correct?)

Yes, that is correct. But it is a relatively easy stroll through the entity file(s) to change their default and liked sites to CITY, and for them to build fortifications and tombs on the map.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2012, 02:00:56 pm »

But wouldnt a, lets say, Spiderfiend filled Town be trouble ? Or are evil civs that are normaly hostile in Fortress mode friendly in Adv. Mode ?

Geekkake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2012, 11:54:04 pm »

Haven't met a friendly goblin yet.

Also, I'd like to jump in for a second with some praise for not only Masterwork itself, which is fantastic and really ambitious mod, but for the CONFIGURATOR as well, which has made my life so much easier. Plus, Meph's an awesome cat and works like crazy on it. You're doing yourself a grave disservice by not trying it out.

KFK

• Bay Watcher
  • Keeper of the enchanting pixie dust
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2012, 12:02:28 am »

I got several people in my thread that posted stuff along the lines of: Why havent I heard of this ? Why did I find out about it just now ?

>_>^

Present. :P

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2012, 06:17:30 pm »

-bump-

Making good progress on the next version. Will include Ascii, a Matrix Tileset and the new Jolly Bastion Tileset. :)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 06:19:17 pm by Meph »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2012, 05:14:53 pm »

Sorry for the double post, but I finally managed to update it :)

• Updated to 34.07
  • All building guides finished
  • +300 new creature sprites
  • Fish Farms
  • Better naming of bodyparts and another body overhaul
  • Seth Creiyds Dwarf Chocolate Mod (major parts at least)
  • Xangis Fear-the-Night Mod (slightly tweaked)
  • Many minor tweaks to reactions for better balancing
  • Many minor bugfixes

Notes:
I did remove a few features that do not work like intented, like the Guildhall, optional Clothing, the unfinished diseases and some transformations that might cause crashes (or not) I also did not do any test runs with this version. The reason for this is that I have not much RL time for modding currently. My next plan is to cycle 2000 km to Copan in Honduras, and that will take me 2-3 weeks. I made this update so you guys can have some fun and enjoy the bugfixes done by TodayOne, even if I did not finish all the planned features.

Special Thanks
This update has been heavily influenced by other modders, and I would like the thank arclance for the bloodwine idea, narhiril for the ongoing support and science about interactions, and of course Xangi and SethCreiyd for the big mods I was allowed to add. NW_Kohaku also deserves a mention here, since I based many of the new sprites on her (his?) work.

Full Changelog:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2012, 05:42:02 pm »

• Ironhand tileset !
  • Evil Races - Evil Doppelgangers of Dwarves, Elves, Humans and Drow to fight
  • Alchemy. Find the philosophers stone, brew the elixir of life and create matter from nothing.
  • 14 armored pets. Now in Iron or Steel, with healing interaction.
  • 21 Golems. Sword, Hammer, Spear, with 7 different materials.
  • 8 Plagues that ravage your fortress. Battle them with medical wards.
  • 6 new religious reactions. Pray for silk, water or gems, and perform ceremonies for fortresswide stat boosts.
  • Cult of the Carp God, lovecraftian-style hidden enemy.
  • Better Brick Oven for Megaprojects, makes all possible colors now.
  • Thatchery, make furniture from plant wicker.
  • Automatons redone from scratch. New everything.
  • Undead Invaders replaced with Illithid Spellcaster Race
  • Includes the 10 best-rated stories from dfstories.com.
  • Includes LegendsViewer and PerfectWorld Utilities.
  • GUI allows Concubines, Bodyguards, Diseases and more to be toggled.
  • Many, many rebalances and bugfixes.

Special Thanks
To cc and his thatchery idea. Also thanks at deon for his brilliant illithids, although I did butcher the raws for them a bit.

Notes
This Version is untested. I thought about doing a long testrun, but I think I go back this time to the old way of releasing it and having hundrets of testers who can give me feedback and point me in the right direction, while I work on the next features. I hope this is ok for you. I am mostly interested on the balancing, how Illithids and Golems, and the Alchemy system will work out. Same goes for diseases and the Cult of the Carp God. Have fun. :) Feedback is, as always, appreciated.

Full Changelog:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Known Issues:
 - Manual not yet updated.
 - Illithids drop brains that are not used for anything... yet.

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2012, 09:10:04 pm »

Shouldn't this be in Modding?
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2012, 09:14:55 pm »

Yes, but I sometimes get this:

I got several people in my thread that posted stuff along the lines of: Why havent I heard of this ? Why did I find out about it just now ?

So I figured that some people read the general forum more, and a mod is also "general df". And I dont spam around, but keep it to this one thread. Hope that is excuseable.

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2012, 03:30:35 am »

Yeah, fair enough.
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.
Pages: [1] 2