Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vampire E.R.  (Read 1496 times)

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Vampire E.R.
« on: March 07, 2012, 08:53:09 pm »

So i have found my first vampire, put her in a well, got her to bleed a little, inadvertently trained her into a legendary fighter, gave her a stint in the hospital to give docs training and fix up the bleeding-apparatus related injuries and was all ready to deploy her against my enemies when...

..she died. Mysteriously

So I savescummed and checked her status--she is suffering from "heavy blood loss" and "infection"--she dies, always, in late autumn, no "succumbed to infection" nothing, last time she died mid feeding.

So what the hell?  Surgery accident? I thought vampires were supposed to be tough!
 Infection?  Same issue, its a vampire how can infection be an issue?
Lack of feeding?  This seems dubious, since, afterall, she was feeding when she died last save scum. 

Any forensic scientists about?  I can post the save right before she dies. 
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

CursedBurger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vampire E.R.
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 08:59:04 pm »

Infection is pretty deadly, and vampires aren't immune. Her health screen probably says all her wounds got infected while she bled in the well.

Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 09:05:03 pm »

had a Vamp die from infections before, it didn't say in fortress mode, but was listed as succumbing to infection in legends.

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 09:26:46 pm »

Infection it is then, if only I could savescum to the previous season so as to get my freezing lye situation fixed and crank out some soap.
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2012, 09:53:35 pm »

For future reference, you can unfreeze lye by dumping the bucket but not the contents into a tile that's above freezing. That means no d-b-d dumping, you have to loo(k) at the tile and dump the container that way.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Courtesy Arloban

• Bay Watcher
  • This isn't a fortress... ...It's also not a map.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2012, 10:50:07 pm »

You've still got the blood right? Let the vamp die...  she was lying to you about her name, and probably wasn't as powerful or loyal as a vampire you create.  Also find the most useless person in the fort, convert them, do not bleed them yet, and wall them in their room for later.
Maybe that the dwarves never died and everyone is just shunning them.
"Wait, what are you doing?  I don't want to go in there!  No, I'm still alive, you can't do this to me!  Is Anybody listening?  Hello... Can someone let me out?  Help me!  Is anyone there?  I'm running out of air!"

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2012, 01:26:42 am »

She was only truly powerful because of the wooden-spears danger rooms type thingy I built to bleed her, it worked like a standard danger room after a bit of bloodletting. But whatever, I just caught a necromancer, I'll play with it.

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2012, 05:38:36 am »

Get them to make a zombie out of the dead vampire.
See if zombie vampires suck blood.
????
*obvious MAGMA joke here, 12 posts saying "roflmao dem magma mang, dem fukken magma" immediately afterwards*

Kamamura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2012, 06:58:38 am »

It's about time the game allows trap components like blades and spikes to be sterilized - either by fire or by chemicals. Build traps with sterile surgical steel, clean and disinfect them regularly, and you will save both lives and unlives.
The entire content consists of senseless murder, a pile of faceless naked women and zero regard for human life in general, all in the service of the protagonist's base impulses. It is clearly a cry for help from a neglected, self absorbed and disempowered juvenile badly in need of affectionate guidance. What a sad, sad display.