Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: Best/worst artifacts  (Read 25989 times)

olopi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Best/worst artifacts
« Reply #60 on: March 11, 2012, 06:47:56 am »

Once got a soap shield  >:( It had an image of Dwarves and humans laboring, and a Giant Cave Spider crying.

WTF am I supposed to do with that?

Epic WIn !!! xD
Dwarves use their beards to influence the adamantite to change form. A dwarves beard is specialized in his job, therefore a legendary miner has a much better mining beard then a legendary weaponsmith, who has a beard that influences metals to make armor much more.
This also explains why dwarves can have a city on just a soap pillar, the beard of the soapmaking dwarf causes the soap to become rigid.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 11, 2012, 06:54:55 am »

Once got a soap shield  >:( It had an image of Dwarves and humans laboring, and a Giant Cave Spider crying.

Ok, you win.

I second the motion.

Best: A red topaz statue, and my favorite I got as an adventurer later (Both were made in civlization forge) A bronze longsword, encircles with bands of goblin bone and elk leather (I imagied the goblin bone wrapped around the base of the blade and and in spots around the crossguard, with the leather for the grip) a prase pommel (Again, imagination, though studded with pase led me to that) and a rose quartz inlay of an acacia tree in the blade. That coupled with my giant jaguar leather bag of coins decimated a hobgoblin civilization. These were both made in DF2010.

Worst: one pig leather thong (DF2012), an oak bow (2012 again), and a glumprong blowgun (DF2010). The bow did see use though, as I imported ammo from the elves and humans. Didn't do the user much good when those troll knocked the door down while I was assembling my melee troops and stormed the ramparts...

AWdeV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 11, 2012, 07:37:15 am »

A soap shield isn't even actually all that bad. It's a pretty shitty material for a shield but it's still an artifact shield and thus has some use. A soap figurine is worse.

And a glumprong blowgun is comparatively better than any other kind of blowgun because it's heavier. :P
Teenage Bearded Axelord Turtles
Urists in a half shell (Turtle Power)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 11, 2012, 07:40:47 am »

And a glumprong blowgun is comparatively better than any other kind of blowgun because it's heavier. :P

It does the guy little good against anything that knows how to fight. I magma'd it and would later have to put down the dwarf that made it. But what the hell do i care? It was a possession.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #64 on: March 11, 2012, 10:18:45 am »

A soap shield isn't even actually all that bad. It's a pretty shitty material for a shield but it's still an artifact shield and thus has some use. A soap figurine is worse.

Shield materials don't matter at all when it comes to blocking. Thus, this is the best shield known to Dwarf kind. And really, dwarfs rarely strike with their shields anyways.

AWdeV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 11, 2012, 10:19:57 am »

I know it doesn't matter for blocking but due to its light weight it isn't too good for bashing. :P

Urists in a half shell (Turtle Power)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #66 on: March 11, 2012, 10:21:42 am »

I know it doesn't matter for blocking but due to its light weight it isn't too good for bashing. :P
A shield isn't for bashing! It's for soaping! :D

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 11, 2012, 10:41:58 am »

Soap shields wouldn't slow your dwarves down as much, though.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 11, 2012, 11:20:52 am »

Does soap actually melt?
You could have some infinitely-hot material, turn it into a floor grate and lay the soap shield on it.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #69 on: March 11, 2012, 11:49:57 am »

Artifacts cannot be destroyed (except with the usual cave ins, 7+7 e.t.c), so I don't really see what doing that would achieve :d

Gerottomo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 11, 2012, 01:09:45 pm »

Hey, If the shield doesn't work, at least your cuts won't get infected.

AfroScotsDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • AfroScotsDwarf, the scotish cyclops with a thirst
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 11, 2012, 05:06:21 pm »

soap shield, epic!

i once got a veeeeerrry kninky dog (i suspect puppy) leather thong, which menaced with gold spikes and hematite.

today, i received a horse leather turban. i wasnt aware of dwarves wearing turbans....
"i would rather consume nutrition which has become FUKIN MAED GON HOT BY DA FIRE." Edward on hot food
 ಠ_ೃ

Linenoise02

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 11, 2012, 05:21:14 pm »

Hey, If the shield doesn't work, at least your cuts won't get infected.

The Soapmaker bashes the Goblin Maceman in the head with the soap shield, bruising the skull and cleaning the face.  The dirt goes flying off in an arc!

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #73 on: March 12, 2012, 12:30:05 pm »

Does soap actually melt?
You could have some infinitely-hot material, turn it into a floor grate and lay the soap shield on it.

Just don't take it out in the rain :)

Was soap modded to be useable in artifacts, or added to updated versions?
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 12, 2012, 01:44:22 pm »

Ok, enough talk about soap. BACK TO OUR OWN HORRIBLE POSSESION SPAWNED JUNK!!!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9