Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: Best/worst artifacts  (Read 25986 times)

bdsorensen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Best/worst artifacts
« Reply #105 on: October 24, 2012, 04:35:47 pm »

Artifact Steel Spear... Wielder killed 2 forgotten beasts and a titan before dying of a magma accident that was definitely unrelated. As far as I know, the artifact is lying at the bottom of a magma sea.

Artifact Adamantine Hammer... Holy crap I was pissed. Gave it to the hammerer. Don't know what happened to it, don't care.

Both of these were in the same fort.

Blue_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 25, 2012, 08:33:57 am »

Worse: A pine ring, decorated with more pine

Best part is they then engrave images of it on your walls..

Artifact Steel Spear... Wielder killed 2 forgotten beasts and a titan before dying of a magma accident that was definitely unrelated. As far as I know, the artifact is lying at the bottom of a magma sea.

You need to start a megaproject to retrieve it!
Crafting Statistics 42.06Farming Statistics

Blue Dwarf has been happy lately. He did some !!science!! recently. He admired a fine forum post lately. He was enraged by a forum troll recently. He was upset by the delayed release of the new version of Dwarf Fortress lately. He took joy in planning a noble's death recently.

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #107 on: October 25, 2012, 02:57:17 pm »

Favourite: Adamantine short sword encircled with bands of moose bone.
Best name: Granite crown: the Lessons of Pregnancy
Worst: Chert quern

As far as I'm concerned, a Chert quern evokes the Boring But Practical trope.  Stick it in the dining room!

My All-time favorite: an entire bed carved from alexandrite.

Best name ever:  Doglost The National Fragrances, a dog leather backpack.

Worst: Just about every boring POS craft item I've ever had.  My current for has 15 artifacts, 10 of which are crafts.
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

katana

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERY TIME I POST PEOPLE RUN AWAY
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 25, 2012, 04:07:41 pm »

I've had a lot of adamantine weapons, but this one stands out for its name.
Kithälanur, The Azure Wonder, an adamantine longsword.
Worth 7622400, 5 references to itself.

(on a side note, I remember a really famous ancient fortress whose defenses were pointed inwards. What was it called?)
AND IF THIS FAILS MY IDENTICAL TWIN BROTHER WHO WILL APPEAR IN THE MIGRANT WAVE THAT ARRIVES AFTER MY DEMISE WILL REPLACE ME.
(Tldr: THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FRIENDLY FIRE SALT)

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 09, 2012, 07:31:59 am »

I once had a kobold bone warhammer encircled with bands of goblin bone. The name was something related to squishing kobolds with hammers.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

hanni79

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 09, 2012, 11:37:02 am »

I had an AMETHYST BARREL once. Since I'm somewhat into the shiny part of geology, I liked it really, really much :) It wasn't worth much, but amazed me nonetheless.
In my most recent world, I got a Gabbro Bed worth 1093200. After I installed it in my King's bedroom, he stopped being jealous by lessers pretentious ... you know it yourself ^^ It's called Nosing Tadar, the Brush of Mortality.

Side note : Does anyone know an easy way to copy/paste Artifact descriptions ? I'm too lazy to type it all myself....

0cu

• Bay Watcher
  • Losing is fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 09, 2012, 11:49:17 am »

Side note : Does anyone know an easy way to copy/paste Artifact descriptions ? I'm too lazy to type it all myself....

Screenshot.

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 09, 2012, 11:52:36 am »

I had an AMETHYST BARREL once. Since I'm somewhat into the shiny part of geology, I liked it really, really much :) It wasn't worth much, but amazed me nonetheless.
In my most recent world, I got a Gabbro Bed worth 1093200. After I installed it in my King's bedroom, he stopped being jealous by lessers pretentious ... you know it yourself ^^ It's called Nosing Tadar, the Brush of Mortality.

There're text mode, but I think it only works on Linux. Otherwise, screenshot and upload to image site, or copying it manually :D

nekoexmachina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 13, 2012, 09:12:59 am »

http://i.imgur.com/j25UD.png
Artifactial lioncloth. Best artifact I've seen. Ever.
Whenever i read the "doesn't care about anything anymore" line, i instantly imagine a dwarf, sitting alone on a swing set. Just slowly rocking back and forth, somberly staring at the ground, and stopping every once in a while to sigh.
It's mildly depressing.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 13, 2012, 02:12:04 pm »

http://i.imgur.com/j25UD.png
Artifactial lioncloth. Best artifact I've seen. Ever.

I'll raise you 9 artifact thongs from the same fort
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 08:27:53 pm by HugoLuman »
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Beenoc

• Bay Watcher
  • To live, one must first be born.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 13, 2012, 02:56:37 pm »

âst Sut, The Furs of Bleeding, a chaos dwarf bone tower shield. It worked fairly well, and it was used on multiple occasions to bash in chaos dwarf skulls. Killing an enemy with the dead bodies of their own. :D
This is a dwarf. It is decorated with dwarfiness and menaces with spikes of Brit. Engraved on the dwarf is an image of a dwarf digging a hole. This relates to the digging of a hole by Honeydew the dwarf in 2011.

I was the deceased vessel through which dark magick was done and Necrothreat III was created from the ruins of my old forum posts: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=118805.0

MasterShizzle

• Bay Watcher
  • Constantly in a fey mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 21, 2012, 12:29:51 pm »

A new record for me:

Not only is it made with ONE MAPLE LOG, making it the least-valuable artifact I've ever produced, it also holds the distinction of being made on a "possessed" mood, so I didn't even get a Legendary woodcrafter out of it.

2400☼. Seriously. I could kill the dwarf responsible and get more than that just by cooking his remains. My mason next door is making fully functional cabinets and chests with WORKING HINGES AND DRAWERS out of SOLID FUCKING ROCK. This asshole whittles a piece of maple into a circle by accident, but just because he was high when he did it everyone thinks it deserves a name. HUZZAH.
Boss is throwing a tantrum!
MasterShizzle cancels Play Dwarf Fortress: interrupted by Boss

Minecraft's fine, your computer just sucks.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 21, 2012, 07:17:44 pm »

Obviously it has some evil property which it hides with an innocuous appearance
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

MasterShizzle

• Bay Watcher
  • Constantly in a fey mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 21, 2012, 08:50:28 pm »

Obviously it has some evil property which it hides with an innocuous appearance
Then it'd have to be a "plain gold ring", wouldn't it?

You never know. Right after he made the ring, I discovered that my quantum minecart for finished goods was sitting on an improperly-built track stop (set not to dump). I only found out because it was during the usual first rush right when clothes were starting to get worn out, and I almost had a tantruming disaster because all my socks/shirts/trousers were hidden away in a 94% full minecart.

It must be cursed, because I'm usually pretty conscientious with my track setups.
Boss is throwing a tantrum!
MasterShizzle cancels Play Dwarf Fortress: interrupted by Boss

Minecraft's fine, your computer just sucks.

UristTheGrey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 22, 2012, 07:11:59 pm »

I had like 6 granite earrings on one of my forts. That was the only kind of artifact I ever got.

Best was probably a monkey bone battle axe. Even though it was terrible in battle it was still pretty cool imagining my commander charging into battle with the thing
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9