Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Red Eclipse - an open source twitch shooter  (Read 725 times)

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Red Eclipse - an open source twitch shooter
« on: March 07, 2012, 05:03:55 pm »

Red Eclipse is, as the title states an open-source twitch shooter.  It was based on Blood Moon, an older, similar game.  It is a very fast game;  the movement system can be difficult to master but it is pretty fun.  The game is cross-platform, and has actually a good community/playerbase.  You people should go play it.

Spoiler: From the game's site (click to show/hide)

The website is found here: www.redeclipse.net
I play as Dessard. 
If anyone has any suggestions on improving the OP, feel free to say them.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
Re: Red Eclipse - an open source twitch shooter
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 05:07:49 pm »

I've played this a bit, although not too recently.  The game is actually pretty good!  They made a lot of thoughtful choices when designing the game mechanics.

The only things I don't like are that the servers like to turn on instagib way to often, which I don't find much fun.  The average player skill level also seemed pretty low, but that could be considered a good thing for attracting new players.  :P

Its also on Desura if anyone wants to try it out.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Red Eclipse - an open source twitch shooter
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 05:10:59 pm »

Yeah, the skill level varies; it has gone down somewhat recently due to the new release.  It tends to be higher on the insta servers, though.  Although, I have actually not seen any of the best players on in over a month, so I don't know what's up with that.  I do play less than I used to though.