Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Battletech: Playing via MegaMek  (Read 6119 times)

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Battletech: Playing via MegaMek
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2012, 07:19:17 pm »

I should be on and available from now till I go to bed (PST, probably around 12), not including an hour or two interval for eating and cleaning up dinner, for anyone who wants to play.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2012, 07:38:48 pm »

Aww, man. I haven't had time for games in ages, thanks to my new work schedule, but I'd like to get on and mess some of you suckers up. Clanners all the way.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2012, 07:52:26 pm »

That is indeed rather annoying, RedKing.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2012, 09:15:14 pm »

Iknorite? I wouldn't be as miffed it were FASA or even FanPro that was doing it, because at least they added some original material to the canon. But it's Topps (the baseball card people) that hold the rights now. They're just taking decades-old material that's been sold to them third-hand and milking it. Hell, they're not even incurring printing costs because it's just a PDF.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2012, 01:00:41 am »

If anyone wants to play on Friday I know I'll be around from at least 8:30am to 1pm PST.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2012, 01:32:08 pm »

Man, when things go pear shaped they really go pear shaped. Particularly irritating considering I was focusing on one mech the entire time and still didn't manage to kill it.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2012, 01:33:54 pm »

Was it a Charger?

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2012, 01:39:39 pm »

Ah, Chargers. Those things are silly.

Have you seen the Challenger variant? Supposedly, one of my family members made that. :3

Anyways.

Need to read that PDF already, here, so don't count on me for anything important. >_>
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 01:41:24 pm by Twi »

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2012, 03:25:03 pm »

Nah it was probably just a combination of crappy rolls and still figuring out what weapon is best to use when. Still its pretty fun, particularly my third match which was pretty close.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2012, 04:04:11 pm »

For duels, I prefer the multi-range, multi-weapon designs like the Orion and the Bandersnatch. LRMs? Check. Autocannon? Check. Lasers? Check. I can hit from long range, medium range, short range, kitchen range. Doesn't have the knockout punch of a Hunchback or a the saturation capability of an Archer, but it's a hell of a lot more versatile for 1v1 or 2v2 action.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2012, 01:06:41 am »

Man I still haven't played with any of you. I had to join one of those online servers to get any practice in since bots are to easy.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2012, 03:17:10 am »

I haven't been playing much myself. I've been busy re-aquanting myself to the world (And events I didn't pay attention to, clan invasion up storyline wise is fairly new territory though I've caught on quickly. The Jihad era seems a fun one to play a campaign in.) and playing around in Solaris Skunk Werks.

And yes the bot is dumb as bricks. And in the dev version it seems outright broken. And for the love of god don't give the bot a Battlemech with a MASC system.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2012, 07:32:25 am »

I pretty much stopped paying attention to the timeline after about 3063 or so (basically, all the post-FASA material). I can sort of tolerate the FedCom Civil War. Jihad and Dark Ages...not so much.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2012, 06:31:25 pm »

Despite not being very good I'm having fun on the megamek server I was talking about, the MegaMekNET campaign. Lyrans are being quite helpful in teaching me and giving me mechs when I lose them in battle. As a note I'm told the current cycle (timespan of 6 months) is coming in the next week or two which means everything is gonna be reset and things updated or somesuch. That'll be nice as it'll level the playing ground somewhat.
Pages: 1 [2]