Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Porcelain Headaches  (Read 342 times)

khezgaan

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Porcelain Headaches
« on: March 07, 2012, 08:22:16 am »

I've recently finished building my magma pump stack and now that I no longer need fuel for it, i thought I'd start up a ceramics industry and put to good use the 1700 odd kaolinite I've dug up in my search for flux stone.

The thing that confuses me is that I can't figure out which options in the kiln task menu are meant to let me produce porcelain. I've tried queing up some jobs via my manager noble but he doesnt' have any tasks related to porcelain.

While I'm afraid the first reply to my question is going to be something so simple that I'm going to wish I had an extra pair of hands to facepalm with, I've looked through everything in the wiki that relates to porcelain and the ceramics industry and did several searches related to porcelain in the forums with sadly no success.

I'm as stumped as my Manager who keeps looking at me blankly whenever I meantion the word porcelain.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
Re: Porcelain Headaches
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 08:54:24 am »

You cannot specifically produce goods out of porcelain - you just have to make ceramic goods and make sure you don't have any clay available.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

nightwhips

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Porcelain Headaches
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 10:15:48 am »

It's kinda like with stone pots. You can't specify which will be used. But if you don't buy any clay, and don't gather any clay, they will make porcelain.
: Miner dwarves? In my volcano?

:I put childs into danger room...
They die, and their parents care nothing because legendary dining room.