Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: 1000 Blank White Cards - Play Thread  (Read 5819 times)

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: 1000 Blank White Cards - Play Thread
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2012, 03:55:50 pm »

Dorf does not say to play the card drawn but just to play a card so I assumed it was a card. I did not even wait to see what I have drawn as I wanted anti-gravity. I would assume if the card meant for me to play what I drew it would say "draw a card and immediately play it" or something to that affect.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2012, 03:56:35 pm »

I tap Dorf to draw a card and Play Antigravity

Woah woah woah. Was that the card you got from tapping Dorf? "Draw and play one card" implies that the actions apply to the same card, meaning you immediately play whatever your draw.

Agreeing even if it's just to prevent Antigravity from being played.

I must say I am enjoying debating about the rules of homemade 150x200 pixel card images on the Internet.

I call mod intervention on all of these.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2012, 03:59:36 pm »

"Tap Dorf to draw and play one card." One card is effected by both actions.

Also, I nominate Antigravity for the suckbox because it doesn't make sense.

I must say I am enjoying debating about the rules of homemade 150x200 pixel card images on the Internet.

Agreed. We got some serious business brewing here.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2012, 04:00:18 pm »

Same here.

If it's confusing to us imagine how confusing it would be to the mod.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2012, 04:03:42 pm »

If it matters at all what I assume the card means is that since I used it in response to Dry Bones (IE right after) then Dry Bones is the affect in play and since I was the next player I get Derp. If there had been a number of affects they would have all shifted and so on. Also its another one time thing like Derp. It says and I quote "effects of cards in play cycle to the next player" which means only cards currently in effect. In other words whatever happens its gone to everyone except mister Dry Bones who could technically fetch it back from the grave.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2012, 04:12:06 pm »

I vote that Antigravity can be used to draw and play a separate card, as was done, as it could definitely mean that if looked a literally. If you really disagree, a poll can be made up!

"Tap Dorf to draw and play one card." One card is effected by both actions.

Also, I nominate Antigravity for the suckbox because it doesn't make sense.

Agreed. We got some serious business brewing here.

How do you add a poll to an existing thread, if you can? Otherwise I'll make up a suckbox voting Google Poll. (Might do that anyway so I can make a password to limit it only to players..)

To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2012, 04:14:08 pm »

That would be fair

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2012, 04:15:24 pm »

Sounds good.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2012, 02:15:39 pm »

2-day bump. What happened? If real life has caught up with you then just letting you know I'd be up to hosting this in your place.

EDIT: O I C, not until Tuesday. That's fine.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 02:47:26 pm by freeformschooler »

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2012, 03:02:51 pm »

2-day bump. What happened? If real life has caught up with you then just letting you know I'd be up to hosting this in your place.

EDIT: O I C, not until Tuesday. That's fine.
Yeah, sorry, it was in the other thread. Sorry again for the delay in getting this off the ground, I'll be catching up on stuff in my documents and the OP today, and then I should be able to keep it rolling! Thanks for offering though, after this is done I'd love to share my document setup with anyone interested, set up some formulas so that keeping the hands in order isn't a huge pain in the butt.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.
Pages: 1 2 [3]