Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: raising willpower  (Read 2339 times)

kompressormight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
raising willpower
« on: March 06, 2012, 08:20:32 pm »

swimming is supposed to raise it, i guess. recovering from being wounded to unconscious or from over-exertion also works. any other ways?

TheLinguist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: raising willpower
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 09:48:40 pm »

I could be wrong, but I think intensive defensive training (armor, dodging, maybe shield use) boosts willpower. I've noticed that I'm starting to get high, superior, sometimes even superhuman willpower ever since I've started engaging in defense training.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 10:13:05 pm »

I tend to increase it just by killing things, even if I rarely if ever get hit.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Jeremy66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 01:59:40 am »

I've noticed my willpower and endurance increase after intense wrestling training (read: wrestling incredibly mangled woodland creatures/zombies for a good while). You might want to give that a shot.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2012, 08:02:09 pm »

Get scratched by many small woodland critters.

Hotaru

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange foreigner fond of industry
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2012, 12:48:25 pm »

Get scratched by many small woodland critters.

This.

Never have I seen such fast attribute gains as when my iron-clad adventurer fell to overexertion fighting a huge pack of skeletal buzzards. He went from above average or average to high, superior or superhuman depending on starting level in endurance, focus, willpower, intuition, spatial sense and kinesthetic sense in a literally matter of minutes. Understandable, as he also became something like legendary + 10 armor user and legendary dodger and shield user.

Of course he also lost his teeth and vision and was trapped in extreme pain, and was quite unable to escape, so... I keep hoping a dust will come along and turn him into a husk, but doesn't seem to be happening.
It is said knowledge is like a foul-smelling herb. It must be cooked well and thoroughly with experience to make it palatable. A young scholar's knowledge is therefore not only worthless but disgusting. -- In Dwarf Fortress you have another paradigm. Gather as much of that smelly herb as you can and toss it at your enemy, fracturing his skull through the +capybara man leather cap+.