Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Little Horse.  (Read 1166 times)

Kilroy the Grand

• Bay Watcher
  • I only want to give you a small kiss
    • View Profile
The Little Horse.
« on: March 06, 2012, 06:04:51 pm »

I started a fort for the sole purpose of carving out 20zlevels of stone, with a Masterfully engraved natural stone horse in the middle. It will be surrounded by 8 towers and channels of water around it. I am done planning, and soon, very soon, I shall display the fruits of my labor.

Things didnt turn out well, the dimensions are wrong. What a waste of a thread and embark.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 06:11:11 pm by Kilroy the Grand »
*pew* *blam* "Aughgghggurglegurgle..." *slither* *slither* *pit* *pat* *tap* *click-click* *BOOM* "Aiiieeegurgle gurgle..."
X-com meets Dwarf Fortress

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Re: The Little Horse.
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 06:12:12 pm »

Now build your fort inside it.

Kinda weird opposite of the trojan horse.

also what's its cutie mark gonna be

EDIT: Ah too bad. Try again?
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 06:23:07 pm »

Pics or it didn't happen.

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2012, 06:29:13 pm »

Pics or it didn't happen.
It didn't happen.
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

SmokedRWA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2012, 06:40:26 pm »

Things didnt turn out well, the dimensions are wrong. What a waste of a thread and embark.

For some reason this makes me really sad. It seems like all of Kilroy's hopes and dreams were shattered in but an instant when he realized things wouldn't work out...

but...

I believe. I believe you can do it Kilroy! I believe that in time you can and will come up with something even grander than what you had originally designed! A true monument to both dwarves and horses! You must believe Kilroy!

Kilroy the Grand

• Bay Watcher
  • I only want to give you a small kiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2012, 06:45:55 pm »

I had to settle on a mirrored pyramid and a sword, settled just in front of the planned noble housing
*pew* *blam* "Aughgghggurglegurgle..." *slither* *slither* *pit* *pat* *tap* *click-click* *BOOM* "Aiiieeegurgle gurgle..."
X-com meets Dwarf Fortress

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2012, 07:22:25 pm »

I had to settle on a mirrored pyramid and a sword, settled just in front of the planned noble housing

A dwarven Sword of Damocles hanging by a single tile of stone, I hope.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Mu.

• Bay Watcher
  • Too insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2012, 07:59:48 pm »

I started a fort for the sole purpose of carving out 20zlevels of stone, with a Masterfully engraved natural stone horse in the middle. It will be surrounded by 8 towers and channels of water around it. I am done planning, and soon, very soon, I shall display the fruits of my labor.

Easily the best post I have ever seen.

tommy521

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2012, 12:21:39 am »

also what's its cutie mark gonna be

Not all horses are MLP horses... Just sayin'.

I hope the sword and pyramid turn out well!