Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Artifact Tavern  (Read 3400 times)

Addict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Artifact Tavern
« on: March 06, 2012, 04:43:29 pm »

Welcome friends, here take this pint and take a seat.
Ol' Urist here was just boasting about Mozib Amnek "The Swallow of Tribute", a mighty right steel gauntlet.

Urist - "aye, encrusted with cushion slate cabachons, studded with steel, and encircled with bands of giant cave spider silk and goose leather, adorned with hanging rings of praise. On the gauntlet is an image of Vutok Polishglazed the dwarf and dwarfs in goat leather. Vutok Polishglazed is surrounded by the dwarfs. Obviously it relates to the assension of Vutok Polishglazed the dwarf necromancer to the position of queen of The Faint Mirror in 36. And the same image in schorl. And lastly an image of a octogon cut gem in zircon"
(112800 db)

Now, do ye have anything to boast about?

I'll throw Gripsqueezed in here, why not. A Silver-forged battleaxe, taken up by Mirrorboulder, who always wanted to be a musician. But the fort has so use for magicians, so we gave him an axe and told him to cut up the goblins trying to break down our door instead of playing that damn trumpet all day.

Turns out, it smashes faces in better than his old guitar did.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 09:27:04 pm by Addict »
The best choice of restraint is therefore a good strong metal chain. A high-quality chain will also let the prisoner admire it, giving him a boost to his happiness.

Addict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Artifact Tavern
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 05:57:57 pm »

(come onnnn... : ) post your favorite artifact your dwarfs have made. Bonus points for pictures, they don't have to be flawless, mine obviously sucks or you can request me to draw it if your drawing shy.)
The best choice of restraint is therefore a good strong metal chain. A high-quality chain will also let the prisoner admire it, giving him a boost to his happiness.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 10:58:50 am »

fartifacts are extremely rare, we dont have any of em :)
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 03:25:48 pm »

I've heard of them but never accually seen one, sorry :)

Addict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2012, 07:35:00 pm »

thanks guys. -_-
Flaming on my birthday even.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2012, 10:46:25 pm »

thanks guys. -_-
People joking is not "flaming". If you want people to post interesting artifacts, you'll have to wait for people to come up with some.

Addict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2012, 11:39:35 pm »

thanks guys. -_-
People joking is not "flaming". If you want people to post interesting artifacts, you'll have to wait for people to come up with some.

ease up buddy. x )
adjectives are simply what they are, right?
Its the people that put meaning behind them.

Koronii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2012, 01:31:18 am »

Yes, and people put a different meaning to the word trolling(which is by the way a verb). Also, isn't there already a thread for posting awesome artifacts?

Addict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2012, 02:56:12 am »

Yes, and people put a different meaning to the word trolling(which is by the way a verb). Also, isn't there already a thread for posting awesome artifacts?

what else would trolling be? x )
If theres a thread, then I realise I've made a big mistake.
I've also wondered since the creation of this thread if I should have put it in the "role-playing" part of the forum.
Maybe I just have cruddy drawing talent. o.o

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2012, 04:41:46 am »

thanks guys. -_-

ease up buddy. x )
adjectives are simply what they are, right?
Its the people that put meaning behind them.
Quite. But if you use a meaning different from the meaning used by everyone else, your meaning is wrong because using it directly hinders communication.

what else would trolling be? x )
If theres a thread, then I realise I've made a big mistake.
I've also wondered since the creation of this thread if I should have put it in the "role-playing" part of the forum.
Maybe I just have cruddy drawing talent. o.o
This thread is still near the top of the first page. Chill out. People may well come in and draw artifacts. There's a couple threads that this could have fit in but it's fine here.

On a different note, it might behoove you to stop with the emoticons and the "each sentence on a new line" thing. Those mannerisms are aggravating.

Fen

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretly A Kobold Werebull
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2012, 05:12:39 am »

I'll throw Gripsqueezed in here, why not. A Silver-forged battleaxe, taken up by Mirrorboulder, who always wanted to be a musician. But the fort has so use for magicians, so we gave him an axe and told him to cut up the goblins trying to break down our door instead of playing that damn trumpet all day.

Turns out, it smashes faces in better than his old guitar did.
This space for rent

Addict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2012, 05:06:23 pm »

On a different note, it might behoove you to stop with the emoticons and the "each sentence on a new line" thing. Those mannerisms are aggravating.

I'd continue this silly argument, but I like to distance myself from being anything like our politicians in this day and age.
Arguing over silly non-sense for arguments sake... I apologize if I offended you in any way Crux. Help me keep this thread light and cheery.