Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2 stockpile can't take from 1 stockiple  (Read 749 times)

Nikow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
2 stockpile can't take from 1 stockiple
« on: March 06, 2012, 04:34:10 pm »

I always did a large area of ​​the whole food. Later I did dozen smaller for alcohol and prepared meals separately, so at any point in my fortress food was available. This trick significantly increased the productivity of my employees and facilitate the management of food.
Now here comes the problem. I want to do two of the stockpiles in my dining room, but I can not assign this two stockpiless to take food from the main stock. IIs there a limit on the distance between places stockpiling? Or it is bug?
In my fortress dwarves are dying from old age.
Dwarven wine is a little bit like good chicken soup:  solid at room temperature.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
Re: 2 stockpile can't take from 1 stockiple
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 04:37:38 pm »

This is a known issue.  Each stockpile can have at most one other stockpile taking from it.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

lorb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 04:43:01 pm »

If you want stockpiles A and B to take from stockpile C do this:
Let stockpile A take from C.
Let stockpile B take from A.
Please be gracious in judging my english. (I am not a native speaker/writer.)
"This tile is supported by that wall."

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2012, 06:01:33 pm »

Yup. I have a large stockpile for drinks at the top of my fort, near my still. Down a level or two I have a medium sized one just outside my dining room that takes from the big one. Then I have a smaller one down a level or two near my workshops that takes from the one near the dining room. Then another medium sized one down at the small dining hall at the magma workshops in the bottom of the fort that takes from the workshop pile. So drinks tend to work their way down the fortress unless they get drunk along the way.

Ditto for prepared meals, only I don't bother with a stockpile near the workshops.
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2012, 06:17:52 pm »

This is a known issue.  Each stockpile can have at most one other stockpile taking from it.

played for years and never noticed this.  That might explain a few things.
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku