Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Your Vampire Jewellery Record  (Read 3502 times)

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Your Vampire Jewellery Record
« on: March 06, 2012, 03:37:22 pm »

So, we all know vampires love bling, but what was the most jewellery you saw on a vampire?

I just had my first quest to kill this vampire who had 1375 kills in my starting village and he was carrying roughly 410 pieces of jewellery (based on his drops in announcements. (Line 50 to 410)
Pics:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Not giving up on adventurer yet, so I'm not able to tell you his kills, sorry.

So, what's the most items of jewellery you've seen on a vampire?
Also, for the !!SCIENCE!! in it: We can check the kill-jewellery ratio to see how they relate to each other.

EDIT: Holy... Well, since I was just spammed by an army of messages from a vampire with barely a few hundred kills, I'm considering the number of jewellery uncountable and this thread obsolete. However, feel free to post more absurd amount of jewellery vampires mass. (Might as well be a nice memorial slab for when Toady decides to lower jewellery numbers.)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 11:27:25 am by Wimopy »
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

SuicideJunkie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Your Vampire Jewellery Record
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 10:36:03 pm »

A commoner recently asked me to go and kill a vampire with FOURTEEN THOUSAND kills...

Say... maybe the encumbrance of all that loot will slow the vamp down so much that I actually have a chance? :D

Fen

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretly A Kobold Werebull
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 12:09:37 am »

what surprises me is how little everyone seems to care that their neighbor wears multiple dozen forms of jewelry, ALL FROM DEAD THINGS.
I mean obviously if you weren't knowledgeable about bones and stuff you couldn't tell where they're from, but in that quantity you think they'd get suspicious.
This space for rent

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 12:36:15 am »

Some 90 odd pages of jewelery on a master vampire who was alive since year 58 (world history was 1200 years). If I had to guess, that'd be about 90*30 lines per page (I expand my screen a bit), so 2700 pieces. No pics, didn't think to take them, and I don't even think the announcement box would hold all that anyway. On a side note, the guy was a lord, and had something like 30000 kills. He later beat me to a pulp with his bare hands through my iron armor.
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103747.0

Jeremy66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2012, 01:50:09 am »

what surprises me is how little everyone seems to care that their neighbor wears multiple dozen forms of jewelry, ALL FROM DEAD THINGS.
I mean obviously if you weren't knowledgeable about bones and stuff you couldn't tell where they're from, but in that quantity you think they'd get suspicious.

I've noticed that veterans will occasionally wear the remains of sentients they have killed. No where near as much as a vampire, but I could see how a new vampire with few trinkets could go undetected for a while.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2012, 02:05:59 am »

Certainly not the vampires with collections of epic proportions, though.

Or maybe they're just saying "Hey man, see all this jewelry? It came from stuff I killed, don't bother me" and nobody bothers them.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2012, 02:08:38 am »

Certainly not the vampires with collections of epic proportions, though.

Or maybe they're just saying "Hey man, see all this jewelry? It came from stuff I killed, don't bother me" and nobody bothers them.
This is what I like to think. Vampires are like Bloods and Crips, people are too afraid/have too much self-preservation instinct to call them out. That's where we come in...
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103747.0

Matoro

• Bay Watcher
  • if you drive alone you drive with hitler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2012, 02:21:00 am »

I've noticed that veterans will occasionally wear the remains of sentients they have killed. No where near as much as a vampire, but I could see how a new vampire with few trinkets could go undetected for a while.

That's true. War veterans have often animal/animal men bone trinkets, some times lots of them. And normal peasant probably can't see is material of ring human bone or wolf bone.

Kamamura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2012, 05:55:03 am »

Pffft, rationalizations. It's excessive, therefore a bug and should be corrected. Why vampires even bother to seek cover-up identities and blame cats and infants for their deeds, if on the other hand, they are confident enough to wear dozens of human bone, nail, hair, whatever bracelets? If your adventurer recognizes the material, I think the other characters should too.
The entire content consists of senseless murder, a pile of faceless naked women and zero regard for human life in general, all in the service of the protagonist's base impulses. It is clearly a cry for help from a neglected, self absorbed and disempowered juvenile badly in need of affectionate guidance. What a sad, sad display.

TheLinguist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2012, 06:53:24 am »

If your adventurer recognizes the material, I think the other characters should too.

While I agree with you that vampire trophies are excessive, should we really be generalizing from mass-murdering psychopaths' glorious heroes' knowledge of bone types, to that of random farmers and woodworkers?