Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarven Tunnels  (Read 1239 times)

Dwarfu

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Advisor
    • View Profile
Dwarven Tunnels
« on: March 21, 2008, 12:35:00 pm »

In reference to the roadworks being put in, when the dwarves have tunnels to a site, does this mean that if I choose a spot overlapping a tunnel at embark it will have access to this?

Will the dwarven caravans use this tunnel instead of spawning on a random elevation?

Am I ahead of myself?

valcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Experience rivers.
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Dwarven Tunnels
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2008, 12:43:00 pm »

I imagine that dwarves could have a preference for using the tunnels but, on the same token, some nasty stuff from chasms might also consider using them.

I'm also not sure if the tunnels would be visible in the embark screen so it may be a luck of the draw thing to get one, but, it should also make you reconsider how well you treat your dwarven neighbors, as the tunnels would be the most likely place for them to send an army.

I don't think toady has said enough about the function of roads to really speculate on that yet, but I'm sure once he gets the technology for the placement of roads and the aesthetic worked out, he'll let us know what's up, and it may indeed be a good idea to build a fort on one.

Hopefully, though, they would consider building a tunnel to your fort even if you don't build on one =)

Still doing Let's Plays, still got a gold toof. 

Adventure Mode:  The Movie!