Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Someone is Wrong on the Internet Thread: Stephen Harper for President Edition  (Read 6009 times)

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile

A dumping ground for all your examples of people being wrong on the Internet.

Vote Harper for President, 2012!

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile

Oi, that is a great idea!  US gets a more liberal president than they've probably ever had and Canada gets rid of Harper.  Win win.  :D
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...US gets a more liberal president than they've probably ever had... 

That's what's so tragic about the United States.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

...US gets a more liberal president than they've probably ever had... 

That's what's so tragic about the United States.

I... actually am rather refreshed by his stance on government and "moral" issues (staying out of them). Better than the God, guns and gays lot we have, anyhow.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

I'd vote for him. It'd get him out of my country, at least.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think it's a joke so does it still count as them being wrong

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

I hate to break this to you, but the only way Harper can legally become president is if he is a citizen of a US territory that is given statehood. So I'm afraid you'll have to pick a province to sacrifice to us.

Not Quebec, though. We already agreed that we don't want them either.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

We'll find out where he was born, and give you that.

... Toronto, you say?

... Shit.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

Conceivably, we could pass an amendment.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

Conceivably, we could pass an amendment.
Shut up, you are ruining my plan to convince the Canadians to willingly bisect their nation to get rid of Harper, thus weakening their geopolitical status and causing Quebec to secede, and thus allowing the US to annex the rest of Canada! And then Quebec! And then possibly some Mexican states!

So don't go saying things like that, or they might get suspicious!
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

In all fairness, your plan is more plausible.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you kill Québec, you're more likely to end up with a Conservative majority in future elections, though...

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

We could annex you.  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile

The thing is, the Republican establishment would never go for it. Stephan Harper may have strategists, may have other people in positions of authority within his own party, but at the end of the day he runs his party himself. He is not a figurehead, he is an active leader of his party's policies and management. If his MPs saying something that is not directly dictated by him, they are in dissent and tend to get punished for this. Stephan Harper would come in, try to bash some skulls to take a leadership position, realize that far too many people are far too used to not being lead into every single thing they say, and go home. Or he would completely change the entire Republican party into a mouthpiece for him, and crush all dissent.

I may be a little cynical here, but I watched him decimate the Progressive Conservative elements of his party one by one, and that basically left me without a national voice. So. Yeah...
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

No no, I think the Republican Party would take well to having an iron-fisted Overlord to tell them what to do. It's in their nature to respond to hierarchical power.

Personally, I think if we're going to invade Canada, we should use the pretext of all those Canadian quarters and dimes that work their way into our money supply. Obvously it's a plot to debase our currency. I'm even finding the occasional loonie! We're on to you sneaky maple-munchers!  :P

BTW, I'd like to volunteer to be Viceroy of Vancouver after the conquest.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4