Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Traders stuck in my fort?  (Read 2503 times)

MoloMowChow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Traders stuck in my fort?
« on: March 05, 2012, 11:24:11 pm »

A human caravan that came with like 6-7 wagons isn't leaving from my depot for some reason, even when I long ago got the message that they were leaving. Any known causes for this? I haven't changed the entrance to my fortress ever since I began the embark, meaning I haven't sealed the entrance off or anything, raised or retracted any bridges nor have I expanded or shortened the hallway they come through. Their stuff still appears to be unloaded onto my depot, and all the merchants, animals and guards are still sitting in there.

Cromage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Traders stuck in my fort?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 12:43:07 am »

I've had this happen a few times. Usually they clear out before your Mountainhome caravans come in.

Addict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 03:54:05 am »

Just to be sure, press "D"

maybe some trees grew or something?
The best choice of restraint is therefore a good strong metal chain. A high-quality chain will also let the prisoner admire it, giving him a boost to his happiness.

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2012, 10:32:19 am »

Shift-D

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2012, 10:38:56 am »

Did you trade them a bunch of stuff? (An example would be trading them several bins worth of crafts, but not the bins themselves). If so they might just be taking a long time to pick all of their new stuff up. To see if this is the case try opening up the designation menu, select "cancel designation", and then click and hold on any random spot on the map for 20ish seconds. Merchants will pick up objects even though the game is paused during this time (though be warned that cats can adopt during this time as well!) allowing them to quickly pick up a number of items that might otherwise take them a whole season to pick up.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

zubb2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2012, 01:43:39 pm »

Cats...conquering dorf fortress and TIME itself!!
(Anyone else have any stories that can compare to a man being beaten to death with his own trousers by a giant gopher?)
(when goblins showed up, I mumbled "Smithers! Release the hounds!" and had the lever pulled.)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2012, 02:13:00 pm »

7 wagons? It looks like they're simply still busy packing everything away, since 7 wagons holds a goody amount of goodies.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

MoloMowChow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2012, 03:17:10 pm »

Yeah they eventually moved out of my depot. I guess they had a lot to pack.

Unrelated note. I'm still on my first ever fortress after getting in on this game a few days ago, thanks to extensive wiki/forum browsing and tutorial video watching (even though it's a completely calm map). Granted, the only hostile activity I've encountered are thieves and snatcher. Haven't had a siege, and megabeasts only started spawning but in caves completely disconnected from my mining shafts.

Which is "lucky" because this map has no natural iron a brook that is only at the corner of the map and my military is not skilled at all. But this also means it's starting to get boring.