Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Bone stacks are to huge  (Read 3137 times)

Frogwarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bone stacks are to huge
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2012, 11:41:45 pm »

I think a single bone clutters up just as much as an entire corpse. Kind of absurd.
Lately, I'm proud of MAGMA LANDMINES:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91789.0
And been a bit smug over generating a world with an elephant monster that got 87763 sentient kills.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=104354.0

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2012, 11:46:10 pm »

Have you observed this to happen?  "You think" but a lot of people in this thread have been thinking about bones all wrong.  There seem to be a ton of misconceptions involving bones and butchering in general.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2012, 12:10:07 am »

Two water buffalo horns clutter a workshop to max, one does as well. Between that and stacks of bone acting this way in .31, I'm satisfied that one bone creates as much clutter as the whole stack.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2012, 12:53:54 am »

Actually horns are a somewhat unique butcher return, namely that they don't follow specific stack rules.  Bone and meat adhere to stacking rules rather well, so it's my belief that Yak Bone [1] won't cause clutter.

schismatise

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2012, 01:39:41 am »

Actually horns are a somewhat unique butcher return, namely that they don't follow specific stack rules.
How so?
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2012, 02:25:43 am »

Similar to skin and skull, horns follow a slightly different template.

Linkeron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My FB page
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2012, 09:39:30 am »

A better solution to a problem like this? Get making/breaking stacks working. Something you can do in the Look Screen. This would solve any and all problems associated with stacks, including but not limited to bolts, food, bars, and bones. If we can't have it done automatically, at least let us do it manually.
Pages: 1 [2]