Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Vampire Rework?

Make all vampiric effects only activate once the new vampire has sucked blood.
- 26 (29.5%)
Make any special abilities only activate once the new vampire has sucked blood.
- 25 (28.4%)
Make any physical changes only take place once the new vampire has sucked blood.
- 7 (8%)
Make the transformation skill only available after sucking blood.
- 11 (12.5%)
Keep everything the same.
- 19 (21.6%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 25

Author Topic: <<Fear The Night!>> v1.4.1 [For 34.11]  (Read 125698 times)

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
Re: <<Fear The Night!>> v1.3 *Draugr, Tomb Lords and Wights!*
« Reply #270 on: November 08, 2012, 04:52:10 pm »

Just noticed you have a problem with slashers being unable to dismember :) I had the same problem and found a workaround :P relsizing muscle to a particularly large number allows such attacks to dismember :) however other attacks the creature may have become OP and most attacks (including the slash attack) become quite likely to send their target flying :P anyhow, just something for you to think about.

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: November 08, 2012, 07:07:06 pm »

Just noticed you have a problem with slashers being unable to dismember :) I had the same problem and found a workaround :P relsizing muscle to a particularly large number allows such attacks to dismember :) however other attacks the creature may have become OP and most attacks (including the slash attack) become quite likely to send their target flying :P anyhow, just something for you to think about.
I have something I'm going to try first, but if that doesn't work I'll relsize the muscles, seems like it could be interesting.
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103747.0

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: November 09, 2012, 01:34:38 am »

Add attack velocity multiplier token to attacks.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: November 09, 2012, 03:13:59 am »

Add attack velocity multiplier token to attacks.
It's already at 4000 for stab and 6000 for slash IIRC, it's just not cutting. Oh well. At least I succeeded in completely removing their hands and replacing them with single blades.

Also i just realized that my vampire-syndrome fix may be half broken, gotta test. If it is I may have to remove it.

EDIT: Yup, you can totally stack vampirisms now if you get them from the animal form blood. I'll try to fix it/remove it but for now I'll have to ask anyone who wants to play fair to just not drink more than one vampire's blood.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 03:35:07 am by Xangi »
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: November 09, 2012, 08:25:35 am »

What is MAX_EDGE value for the blade material? Increase that, and with high velocity multiplier it will work.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: November 09, 2012, 03:19:03 pm »

What is MAX_EDGE value for the blade material? Increase that, and with high velocity multiplier it will work.
I'm using steel for the exact reason that it's supposed to be sharp. It still cuts into people, just never dismembers limbs.

EDIT: Fixed it, apparently it's very damned hard to make "claws" dismember or something, so I just ripped the hands off of the slashers and actually replaced them with real blades. I kept the old body shape too for a funny little thing I'm working on with the husks.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 07:20:37 pm by Xangi »
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: November 16, 2012, 04:00:02 pm »

Small update on what's working and what isn't. As you may have seen in my multiple forum topics, Bogeymen were being worked on but now I've repurposed them. The reason behind this is that without allowing at least 1 generated bogeyman to exist, the custom ones wouldn't spawn. So, all bogeyman-type creatures have been converted into Night Troll type creatures, and there are more creatures being made for this type. Each Night Troll type creature will give some benefit on death, the current ones have ichor which has medicinal properties and can be used for treating various injuries.

I made a few "husk" creatures, but I'm honestly not sure what to make at this point. Also the fact that each one requires a new material to be made for it slows things down a bit unless I just want to copy-paste materials which seems a bit... wrong. They husks will be included in 1.4 but unless I get more ideas I'll also allow the default ones to remain as well simply for variety.

Vampires have been altered slightly, agility buff has been reduced and the animal-form blood fix has been removed due to being bugged. This means that once again it will be somewhat annoying to become a vampire. I'll release an optional module to put the animal-form blood fix back in, but be aware that it can allow you to stack vampirism types, which is absurdly overpowered.

Werebeasts now have blood which gives various abilities as well, and Necromancers have been rebalanced. Summoner Demons are now more useful and infernomancers are less delicate.

More stuff is being worked on, hopefully I'll get the new version out soon. Though I do want to know this: How would you feel about special (rare) creatures dropping unique weapons on death?
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>

bdsorensen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: November 16, 2012, 04:50:00 pm »

Alright; in my current world, I created a Dwarf adventurer and started looking around for things to do. Right off the bat, after doing my first quest, I got another to kill a Master Vampire.  "Well, shit," I thought, and decided to go take a look at them. They're hiding out in a hamlet as a peasant, and, when asking him about profession and such, he mentioned he'd like to 'see the world', and I invited him to join my adventurers. So... Now I'm pitting him against other vampires and werewolves to see if I can kill or at least hurt him enough to draw his blood. In the meantime....

"The Peasant punches The Peasant in the head with his right hand, bruising the muscle and tearing apart the upper spine's nervous tissue!"

Werewolves are chumps compared to this guy.

Edit: What sorts of unique weapons?

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: November 16, 2012, 05:31:35 pm »

Alright; in my current world, I created a Dwarf adventurer and started looking around for things to do. Right off the bat, after doing my first quest, I got another to kill a Master Vampire.  "Well, shit," I thought, and decided to go take a look at them. They're hiding out in a hamlet as a peasant, and, when asking him about profession and such, he mentioned he'd like to 'see the world', and I invited him to join my adventurers. So... Now I'm pitting him against other vampires and werewolves to see if I can kill or at least hurt him enough to draw his blood. In the meantime....

"The Peasant punches The Peasant in the head with his right hand, bruising the muscle and tearing apart the upper spine's nervous tissue!"

Werewolves are chumps compared to this guy.

Edit: What sorts of unique weapons?

Specifically I was going to make some "Shade" creatures out of a material with special properties and have them drop a weapon or piece of armor on death. Possibly other types of creatures too, depending on how many I could come up with.
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>

Keff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: November 17, 2012, 01:57:12 pm »

I don't think this is supposed to happen
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: November 17, 2012, 02:45:46 pm »

I don't think this is supposed to happen
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You're not alive, therefore he's not hostile. I'll probably add [CRAZED] to them though, just because.
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>

Deinos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: December 10, 2012, 01:31:53 am »

So I have played this mod a bit... an infernomancer got hit in his platinum, fire-filled tummy, and he spent half the battle... puking. Is this intentional?

Also, when I ran into a lich's army... the zombies all attacked HIM. They also attacked me, but the lich didn't quite seem to be able to figure out that reanimating the zombies that kept attacking him was a good idea.

I think it'd be really cool if drinking an ancient vampire's blood also made you an ancient vampire, or some other way of becoming one. This has a number of drawbacks; opposed to life, can't use armor and arms anymore, etc... but you can become a minor vampire, thus gypping yourself, so why not an ancient vampire? It'd be similar to becoming a husk. Just a thought. There is of course the issue of the implied age of ancientness, though.

I really like your take on werewolves; it makes silver an exciting and distinct metal. Right now, I'm trying to mod in a werewolf civilization; will red, white, and "normal" (could use a different name) werewolves fight each other? In case that they will, I'm going to have the members of the werewolf "races" all be of the same type. I really enjoy the idea of vampire vs werewolf battles; fighting my new werewolf civilization as a vampire, or fighting ancient and master vampires as a werewolf adventurer.

Bloax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: December 25, 2012, 04:02:39 pm »

Infernomancers are practically just slightly bigger humans made of platinum.
In fact, you should probably change their description to something like
Code: [Select]
"A figure towering high among humans, it is a human-like figure covered in a thick layer of platinum. With an otherwise smooth, featureless face its eye sockets are filled with blazing red flames."
"Beware of its deadly infernal power, lest you enjoy dying in a fiery misery."

Now, I also have some BadStuff about Infernomancers. Because as it is, they melt absolutely everything with the exception being adamantine, which you can't get in Adventure mode. :v

So I'm thinking that it'd probably be worth reducing their temperature from 13000 Dorf (1666.67 C) to around 10900 (500 C) or a bit more.
Just so that you can still use your weapons. (Your armor doesn't fit after the transformation.)

Though I like the Masterwork version of them, where they're completely normal until they transform. (Good idea) Though the lack of weapons is still quite crippling.

I also recall being kicked in the foot by a horse, and it simply wouldn't heal - even though it's obviously a blunt damage and thus didn't sever unrecoverable motor nerves. (argh)
So there's that. Great mod, by the way. It was fun getting repeatedly beaten to shit by an elf werewolf that kept snapping my joints.

oh_no

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #283 on: December 25, 2012, 04:17:45 pm »

I have a question of myself: I noticed many megabeast tags in the raws... I assume these show up in fortress mode as well ?

I ask because I do have a system for megabeast corpses and trophies, and would write fitting rewards and reactions for the vampires/beasts of yours as well.

Another thing is the flier tag on liches... it makes them really, really anoying sometimes ^^ I personally took it out in my mod, just because. Your decision of course.

Edit: Answered it myself, yes, they do appear.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 05:57:52 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: January 20, 2013, 06:11:59 pm »

Whelp, back from Canada and after a huge goddam snafu with my current university, I finally have the opportunity to post again.
So I have played this mod a bit... an infernomancer got hit in his platinum, fire-filled tummy, and he spent half the battle... puking. Is this intentional?

Also, when I ran into a lich's army... the zombies all attacked HIM. They also attacked me, but the lich didn't quite seem to be able to figure out that reanimating the zombies that kept attacking him was a good idea.

I think it'd be really cool if drinking an ancient vampire's blood also made you an ancient vampire, or some other way of becoming one. This has a number of drawbacks; opposed to life, can't use armor and arms anymore, etc... but you can become a minor vampire, thus gypping yourself, so why not an ancient vampire? It'd be similar to becoming a husk. Just a thought. There is of course the issue of the implied age of ancientness, though.

I really like your take on werewolves; it makes silver an exciting and distinct metal. Right now, I'm trying to mod in a werewolf civilization; will red, white, and "normal" (could use a different name) werewolves fight each other? In case that they will, I'm going to have the members of the werewolf "races" all be of the same type. I really enjoy the idea of vampire vs werewolf battles; fighting my new werewolf civilization as a vampire, or fighting ancient and master vampires as a werewolf adventurer.
-Infernomancers shouldn't have nausea no, good catch.
-My lich zombies don't seem to attack their controller, perhaps this is a loyalty issue? I'll look into it.
-Ancient Vampires are supposed to be megabeast only, and I'm not really gonna change that. Trust me, playing as one is not as fun as it sounds.
-Making them a civ may be a bit tough, but in my mod they will usually attack each other, since they have [CRAZED]
Infernomancers are practically just slightly bigger humans made of platinum.
In fact, you should probably change their description to something like
Code: [Select]
"A figure towering high among humans, it is a human-like figure covered in a thick layer of platinum. With an otherwise smooth, featureless face its eye sockets are filled with blazing red flames."
"Beware of its deadly infernal power, lest you enjoy dying in a fiery misery."

Now, I also have some BadStuff about Infernomancers. Because as it is, they melt absolutely everything with the exception being adamantine, which you can't get in Adventure mode. :v

So I'm thinking that it'd probably be worth reducing their temperature from 13000 Dorf (1666.67 C) to around 10900 (500 C) or a bit more.
Just so that you can still use your weapons. (Your armor doesn't fit after the transformation.)

Though I like the Masterwork version of them, where they're completely normal until they transform. (Good idea) Though the lack of weapons is still quite crippling.

I also recall being kicked in the foot by a horse, and it simply wouldn't heal - even though it's obviously a blunt damage and thus didn't sever unrecoverable motor nerves. (argh)
So there's that. Great mod, by the way. It was fun getting repeatedly beaten to shit by an elf werewolf that kept snapping my joints.
Much of what you dislike about infernomancers was done to balance them a bit, but in 1.4 their claws are significantly more effective weapons. If I recall correctly they should heal, perhaps you had a scar (dark brown color IIRC).
I have a question of myself: I noticed many megabeast tags in the raws... I assume these show up in fortress mode as well ?

I ask because I do have a system for megabeast corpses and trophies, and would write fitting rewards and reactions for the vampires/beasts of yours as well.

Another thing is the flier tag on liches... it makes them really, really anoying sometimes ^^ I personally took it out in my mod, just because. Your decision of course.

Edit: Answered it myself, yes, they do appear.
If I could limit the liches to simply hovering, I'd be much happier. If you want to throw in some rewards for killing megabeasts be my guest, I'm also adding in some stuff that can be gained from killing certain beasts, namely useful fluids and a few neat items.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, to address a more pressing matter, the release. Since DF is due for an update "soon", I'm holding back until the new version is out for hope of new features to incorporate, mainly jumping and more tag support/transformation options. If nothing much changes in that regard, the new version will be out very soon after the new DF version. If the new update isn't out by mid-February I'll probably just release 1.4 anyway because I hate sitting on updates that haven't been released.

If you have any suggestions/questions, feel free to add me on steam (xangi_d996m) or drop me an e-mail at Onlysemicoherent@gmail.com, since I realize that I'm notoriously slow at responding in this thread for one reason or another, though feel free to post here as well if you want to.
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 25